ADutchmaninNY

These days, after my morning coffee and breakfast, I change into a dirty pair of jeans and an old sweater and work in the garden or on the outside of our house. After that’s done, it’s a shower, clean jeans and a casual shirt. Bought a nice sports coat in the spring but it still has the tags on because there’s no occasion to wear it.

The Irishman

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Shirts and brushed satin chinos to work, with a wool blazer or sometimes a padded gilet. Sometimes a tie if I have meetings. I break out the Belstaff waxed belted jacket if it's raining properly. Shoes are usually Tricker's bourton, I have a few I cycle through.

Out of work... Often gym gear. It's pretty much all Lululemon these days, I've tried all the brands and they are the best. Or jeans, a merino t-shirt, an overshirt or woolen jumper and Tricker's Stow or Henry boots. In terms of jackets I cycle through various Belfast leather jackets. I have a double breasted winter coat I'll bust out when it gets a little colder.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Isn't that why they invented air conditioning?

To be fair, in the summer (or in your climate any time, I guess) I would be wearing a tan or other light colored, summer-weight wool suit and a panama hat.

I put the darker suits away until fall here.

Have you tried seersucker? I can't justify it here (one summer suit is enough for me), but isn't it designed for your climate?
LOL. Cotton poplin and Seersucker suits and sports jackets are the order of the day, when dressing up in these parts...at least they are what I turned/turn to for church attendance and when I take the wife out to a fancy restaurant for dinner, but alas, the Covid 19 pandemic precautions have taken away even those opportunities! :confused:

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.