Peak and Pine

Connoisseur
I have just consumed a tall glass of V9, which is V8 with the addition of an exotic 9th ingredient known as a lotta whiskey. I've had seven of these and I can still drive and I know this because I just drove over my cat.

Dr. François

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Last night I finished the last half of a bottle of 1998 Cru Bourgeois Haut-Médoc. I cellared it from 2001 (when I bought it) until Saturday night, when I drank it.
I think I over-shot the aging by a few years. I honestly just forgot about it!
Still, it was very nice.

TMMKC

Honors Member
Isn't the Beaujolais Nouveau due out soon as well??
Yes, it is. I'm not a huge BN fan, but it's actually one of the few red wines that pairs well with turkey...so it's always a good choice for Thanksgiving dinner. Also, because it's such a young variety and doesn't carry many of the more complex characterictics of red wine that turns off people who don't drink it on a regular basis, it's a good "safe bet" for a crowd.

DoghouseReilly

If you can find a Beaujolais Villages Nouveau she may well enjoy that even more; a little bit smoother than the regular BN.
I love BN! Grocery stores in my area sell the Villages for a reasonable $12.

Side story: I took a trip to France around Thanksgiving a few years back, and on the plane, they gave us small bottles of BN with our meals. Very nice touch.

I digress. I know this thread is titled "What're You Drinking Today," but I'll post what I had last night. 1:6 martinis with Seagram's Distillers Reserve, Noilly Prat, and almond-stuffed olives.

Has anyone had Seagram's Distillers Reserve before? It, like their extra dry formula, is finished in oak barrels. I was looking for a "yellow gin" and DR came up. I was pleasantly surprised and, although I haven't tried a ton of different gins, I now consider it my favorite.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.