eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
It's 1746 hours locally...ice water seemed my best option on a Sunday (late) afternoon. Although, I must admit being sorely tempted to pull out an iced Stella Artois. After a couple of hours of "breaking rocks in the hot central Florida sun" that would have gone down rather nicely, but alas the weight issue must be attended to! 😞

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
The sun lowers. Dinner tonight will be cold Dungeness crab, corn on the cob and a salad. While filling, it will be quite light so I believe a Deshutes Pils might be in order . . . after a do a couple of things in the greenhouse. I may even go out front and pick blueberries. I don't know what I'll do with them, though. One old man can only eat so much jam and a whole pie? I don't think so. I saw a recipe for a skillet blueberry pie. I have a couple of small skillets so maybe a partial recipe is worth trying.

TKI67

This AM I am nursing an old friend, specifically a jumbo mug of Joe and I hear the sirien call of two eggs fried in water and a dry, toasted English muffin. :(
You can turn that to a smiley face if next time you make Tim’s Household Famous Diet Eggs Benedict. Put poached egg on very lightly buttered English muffin and top with a squeeze of lemon, salt lightly. Coffee, of course, makes everyone smile! Ok, I’m going to pull out the starter and make English muffins!

TKI67

Tonight I started with an Americano (Campari, Cocchi rosa, soda, and an orange wheel). It was tasty and refreshing, but I wanted a tad more; so I had Campari with a splash of soda and the same tired orange wheel (fresh ice). The second was IMO the better beverage. Very summery. I wish Campari came with all the same flavor but the proof of Aperol, but it doesn’t. So the spouse is cooking chicken and mushrooms with Sherry over rice and steamed asparagus. Mmmmmm.

TKI67

Coffee two ways. A cafe latte hours ago and now a pot of French roast. On Thursdays my son comes to visit. Being autistic he takes routine to extremes, and the first thing he grabs when he comes through the door is always a mug of black coffee!

eagle2250

^^
Thank you for sharing a special moment with your son. A mug of Joe is best enjoyed with a member of our family. To my mind your son has his priorities in good order...the mug of coffee comes first and frankly, as I age, the value of one's daily routines becomes ever more apparent. Hope you and your family enjoy a happy and safe Independence Day! :)

eagle2250

After yesterday's festivities and a round of late night fireworks set off by neighbors, as well as by community organizations, my morning mug of Joe seems even more precious, as I sip it and consider the sage counsel offered by John Paul Jones so many years ago..."Give me my coffee, or give me death!" LOL. ;)

The Irishman

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Opting for Boulevardiers in the evening quite often these days.

30ml rye whisky
30ml Campari
30ml Sweet vermouth
dash of bitters

Stirred over ice.

Like a slightly sweeter-tasting Negroni. The rye I'm using is a Canadian offering that I would swear is maple infused were there not stern insistence on purity of ingredients indicating the contrary.

eagle2250

Todays brew is Folgers Medium roast and I am somewhat cowed to admit it is a pre-ground concoction. We coffee purists like to grind our own, but this was just one of those "lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer" and the pre-ground route seemed an easier walk to take 0500 hours this morning! ;) Our Kitchen Aid Burr Grinder felt left out of the party. :(

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.