Earl of Ormonde

Connoisseur
Miriam Makeba - Pata Pata album from 1967.

Wonderful and beautiful music and what an emotional voice. You know she lived in exile outside of South Africa for 30 years because the SA govt revoked her citizenship in 1960. Her first concert back in her homeland was in 1991.

ajo

Jan Lundgren Trio European Standards perfect antidote for a grinding day that plus a glass of Southern Tasmanian Pinot Noir.

welldressedfellow

Aficianado
:icon_smile_big: Danke!

You will have seen of course, the great scene in the film "The Commitments" when the band's piano player Stephen (a.k.a. church organist) is practicing on the church organ and he's playing "A Whiter Shade of Pale" when Jimmy comes in and then the priest comes in!

"He nicked it from Marvin Gaye"
"HE nicked it from Bach" :icon_smile:

Great scene. Great film. Enjoy the clip!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOav4guQs7Y

And here's Procul Harum on Top Of The Pops in 1967 playing Air in G.....sorry I mean A Whiter Shade of Pale ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbWULu5_nXI&feature=related

:icon_smile:

Persephone

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Yes, they met while studying at the University of Georgia in Athens. R.E.M. is a great band, and my iPod is loaded with their songs -- from the famous "Losing My Religion" to the whimsical "The Sidewinder Sleeps Tonight" and, of course, the ballads including "Everybody Hurts," "Nightswimming" and "Strange Currencies."

P.S. Right now, I am listening to the Yellow River Piano Concerto.

Last edited:

TMMKC

Honors Member
Listening to Ben Webster and Associates, watching NCAA basketball selection shows on one of the ESPN networks, drinking a post-dinner Johnnie Walker Black and making my "to do" list for next week.

YoungTrad

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Right now it's You and Me by Dave Matthews Band.. Plan on seeing them this summer a month after Jimmy Buffet:icon_smile_big: Def. excited.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.