eustonstation

Starting Member
I found myself driving around quite a bit today. I made it through “Songs of Love and Hate” by Leonard Cohen, “Strangeways, Here We Come” by The Smiths and a few episodes of The Urbanist podcast from Monocle.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
This mornings entertainment is provided by Creedence Clearwater Revival, singing "Fortunate Son" from their Chronicle 20 Greatest Hits album. ;)
That song doesn't waste any time: It opens with a hard drum beat joined by a few jarring guitar licks followed by Fogerty blasting into a loud, angry cri de coeur that doesn't let up for two straight minutes and, then, done.

You can't do it much better than that.

Mr. B. Scott Robinson

Advanced Member
I have been listening to a great deal of Franz Liszt this week.

Last Saturday, I stumbled across this 1845 lithograph with personal music notation and signature by Liszt. The estate sale company only had it listed as “portrait of a gentleman”....so this gentleman took a chance on it. I heard from Sotheby’s on Wednesday and they have offered to sell (Liszt?) it for me in their next books and manuscripts sale taking place in London next spring.

I am in my own personal phase of Lisztomania at the moment.

Cheers,

BSR
11E8928D-51D4-400A-9510-53217487087D.jpeg
0266350A-DC17-42D3-B301-534719740A7E.jpeg
63DF8A23-F496-47CD-9371-CA9F0F4A0D27.jpeg
719D69BE-4FA6-482F-919E-A051FBFE47F1.jpeg

Shaver

Suspended
Prostrate you people! Ponder the pulchritudinous prowess provided, peerless power, paralysing passion, placed provocatively, picked then pinched, this plausible pace passing pitiful popsongs in pulsating parable, post punk poetry - praise perception and poison pabulum, permit the presentation: Permafrost.

"As the day stops dead
At the place where we're lost
I will drug you and **** you
On the permafrost"

Adventure Wolf

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
I'm sure not everyone will like this band. I saw them first at the Brewery when they were Art Lord and the Self Portraits. They've come a long way since then.

Last edited:
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals