Dandan

Starting Member
I've been listening to Isabelle Faust playing Bach's Sonatas and Partitas for violin on repeat for weeks.

Apart from how brilliant and precise she is (she plays with almost no vibrato, and she can extend notes or stop them dead so beautifully, and it's amazing that all that she does can come out of a single violin), I love the sound engineering: she's miked such that you can often hear her breath. It sounds like paper brushing on wood. I'm a fan of intimate sound engineering in solo and chamber music, when you can hear breathing or fingers clacking on wind instruments' key levers or piano pedals being pressed.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Today our ears are being treated with a Country tune; listening to Tracy Lawrence singing "If The World Had A Front Porch, from Tracy Lawrence's Greatest Hits Evolution album. Thought provoking lyrics, for sure. ;)

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.