Dhaller

Elite Member
I tend to resist new things (like probably 95% of others here), but this new *complete* set of Beethoven piano sonatas by Igor Levit has been on (very long) repeat for me lately.

Gilels is still my favorite Beethoven interpreter, but he tragically was never able to complete the sonatas, and of course there's just something to be said for a modern recording versus a quite old one.

I know, I know, he's wearing a sweater for a Beethoven album cover, shocking to Our Kind, but to paraphrase Mozart in "Amadeus", "forgive me, Majesty. I'm a vulgar man. But I assure you, my music is not."

Levit's is all 32 sonatas, 10+ hours of music!

DH

71OARhFurxL._SL1147_.jpg

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
We're waking up to strains of "Let's Twist Again," sung by Chubby Checker. It's from his The Best of Chubby Checker: Cameo Parkway, 1959 to 1963. Waking up to that really get's one's blood pumping! LOL. ;)

TKI67

Elite Member
This could go on any of several threads.

Listening to...Ella...Too Darn Hot
Now I understand the weather...headed to seven. Lots of snow.
Libation contemplation...Tanqueray and Dolin martinis 3 to 1, shaken 38 times, garnished with a garlic stuffed olive
Dinner...pork roast and sweet potatoes roasting
What are you wearing...sage grey/green five pocket cords and a denim shirt from Bean, hoof pick belt from Leather Man, 3/2 grey Southwick herringbone...blessedly warm
Footwear...Alden snuff suede LHS, slippers disguised as regular shoes
Now Ella...Mack the Knife. Damn, she was the best.

eagle2250

Here in central Florida one tune we are not listening to this morning is "Baby It's Cold Outside" sung by Dean Martin way back in 1959! It's presently 64 degrees, with a predicted high of 76 degrees later in the day. LOL. ;)

Tweedlover

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Just completed my morning routine of listening to chamber music, this time being the piano trio channel of classicalradio.com. They have 4 channels I enjoy. Great site for classical music.

eagle2250

At this early hour on a Sunday morning, the Oak Ridge Boys have come singing "Jesus Is The Man For The Hour" from their Gospel Journey Live album. It showcases their Bass singer Richard Sterban. I love to hear that guy sing! I wish I could sing that low, but then it would be nice just to be able to carry a tune. LOL.
;)

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.