Men's Clothing Forums banner

What Are You Wearing Today 2.0?

849K views 4K replies 198 participants last post by  CSG123 
#1 ·
#5 ·
I would have posted more than mere text to this new thread, save for the fact that my home ISP has been out of service for the last 24 hours or more, allegedly returning to service later this morning. I will post the last two days' worth of photos as soon as I am able, then resume posting as normal tomorrow (I hope).

#7 ·
Back after nearly two days with no Internet service.

Yesterday:

Suit - New & Lingwood
Shirt - BB
Tie - Charvet
Braces - Paul Stuart
Cufflinks - Metropolitan Museum of Art
Vintage watch chain
PS - BB
Boots - Paul Stuart house brand
Overcoat - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Scarf - Fortnum & Mason
Hat - Selentino, via JJ Hat Center

Hairstyle Hat Dress shirt Eyewear Sleeve
Outerwear Dress shirt Fashion Smile Sleeve
Glasses Smile Picture frame Photograph Tie
Outerwear Coat Dress shirt Product Tie
Jeans Leg Oxford shoe Grey Synthetic rubber

Today:

Suit & shirt - BB MTM
Tie - Turnbull & Asser
Cufflinks - London Badge & Button Co.
Vintage watch chain
PS - PRL
Boots - Cheaney, via Harrods, London
Scarf - Paul Stuart
Hat - Selentino, via JJ Hat Center, NYC

Suit trousers Outerwear Hat Dress shirt Fashion
Suit trousers Dress shirt Sleeve Standing Tie
Glasses Smile Picture frame Photograph Vision care
Outerwear Coat Dress shirt Product Purple
Jeans Grey Sportswear Comfort Flooring

#3,549 ·
Back after nearly two days with no Internet service.

Yesterday:

Suit - New & Lingwood
Shirt - BB
Tie - Charvet
Braces - Paul Stuart
Cufflinks - Metropolitan Museum of Art
Vintage watch chain
PS - BB
Boots - Paul Stuart house brand
Scarf - Fortnum & Mason
Hat - Selentino, via JJ Hat Center

View attachment 19403 View attachment 19404 View attachment 19406 View attachment 19407 View attachment 19408

Today:

Suit & shirt - BB MTM
Tie - Turnbull & Asser
Cufflinks - London Badge & Button Co.
Vintage watch chain
PS - PRL
Boots - Cheaney, via Harrods, London
Scarf - Paul Stuart

View attachment 19409 View attachment 19410 View attachment 19412 View attachment 19413 View attachment 19414
Looking very smart!

#16 ·
Taking a day off from suits and ties . . .

Sweater, shirt, corduroys, and cap - BB
Boots - Paul Stuart
Puffer coat - Soia & Kyo
Scarf - Johnstons of Elgin
Puffer coat? Puffer coat! Oh upr....:(

More seriously - puffer coat aside - a great start to a thread that, let's face it, you tend to carry. I particularly liked the Paul Stewart fleur-de-lis braces.

#9 ·
^^
As always, whether it be formal, dressy or even just casual, upr_crust, you set the mark for how it should be done. I am particularly encouraged by your rig for today because I think I have the means at hand to come close to replicating it (different knit pattern on the sweater, less colorful socks and RM William's Craftsman boots, rather than the Paul Stuart Chelsea's you are wearing). Thank you for the inspiration to try! :)

#10 ·
Thank you, Eagle. I must confess, however, that the major motivation for today's attire was the weather, as it is currently a whopping 17F outside, with a wind chill factor making it feel like 9F, hence the sweater, cords, and puffer jacket.

#17 ·
As charming a compliment as you have made, my dear Bernoulli, I believe that a thread exclusively devoted to me would be rather dull in short order. I have always encouraged other people to post to this thread, and hope that people are not discouraged to post here just because I am such a post-hog.

Shaver, for the record, "hoi polloi" is Greek, not Latin, in origin. Just sayin' . . .

#15 · (Edited)
Not to criticise, and acknowledging that your mother tongue is Portuguese, which likely does not include borrowed Latin, but there is no 'the' before oi polloi. As the translation is 'the many' then this is a tautoloy. Concededly not as abhorrent as a pure RAS tautology but of similar ilk. :cool:

I approve that we all (Premiership and Sunday league contributors) are able to play together here. WAYWT is akin to a sartorial F.A. cup fourth round.

However, were separate threads required then you my highly esteemed friend have a thing or two to show the membership about bespoke.

#21 ·
Spot on - and your inspiring a fun game: Name your favorite Upr-revealed brand?

For me, it would be New and Lingwood - a toff British brand I had never heard of but which could be the original antecedent to Paul Stuart's Phineas Cole brand.

It's an amped-up, stylized and not-color-shy version of traditional British clothing that demands smart tailoring (no slouchy irreverence allowed - these are sharp clothes that require an exacting fit).

New and Lingwood clothes would have no place in my modest style and not-interesting life, but I love seeing Upr take on these clothes with his panache and flair - the symbiosis is wonderful

#25 ·
Given that it's 3 degrees outside with 3 inches of fresh snow, I'm staying put at home by the fire. Wide wale Bills cords, Pendleton wool button down, Barbour lambswool sweater, smart wool socks and good Timberland winter boat shoes with heavy tread in case I decide to bring in the newspaper.

#26 ·
^^
MY friend, I cannot claim to be enjoying the fresh snow or to be enjoying the warmth of a robust fire in the fireplace that you mention, but the brisk 57 degrees we are experiencing locally, does permit me the luxury of enjoying the comforting warmth of one of my beloved BrooksFlannel sport shirts. It doesn't happen often! LOL. ;)

#27 ·
I look forward to being in your fair state later this month. Three other "old car guys" and I will make our tenth annual journey to the Rolex 24 Hour sports car race in Daytona. I get away for a few days and enjoy the warmer weather and the spectacle of watching some very expensive fast sports cars as the sports car racing season starts.

#32 ·
Crusty, mind sharing with us details on the gloves you've been wearing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Today's gloves came from Saks, under their own brand, but most of the time, the gloves I wear come from the local discounter Century 21, located in lower Manhattan - gloves with cashmere linings, no brand name in particular, and cheap enough such that every coat I own has gloves stuck into the pockets - no searching for gloves when going out.

#31 ·
Photograph Overcoat Hat Dress shirt Sun hat
Suit trousers Face Smile Dress shirt Sleeve
Suit trousers Face Head Picture frame Property
Glasses Smile Photograph Picture frame Shoulder
Outerwear Tartan Dress shirt Textile Sleeve
Jeans Wood Synthetic rubber Knee Thigh
A new year, but the same old Arctic weather in NYC (and elsewhere) still . . .

Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Waistcoat - Ede & Ravenscroft
Shirt - Ike Behar
Tie - JAB
Cufflinks - Mata Soto, via SevendeImports, Portland Maine
Braces - Paul Stuart
PS - Vintage Christian Dior
Boots - Paul Smith
Overcoat - BB
Scarf - Fortnum & Mason
Hat - Selentino

#36 ·
Thank you, Shawl!

Midweek, and slightly warmer than yesterday, hence only a two-piece suit.

Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - BBGF
Tie - Drake's, via the Armoury, NYC
Cufflinks - Penhaligon's
Braces - Paul Stuart
PS - RLPL
Shoes - Paul Stuart house brand
Scarf - Thomas Farthing, London

Outerwear Hat Dress shirt Sleeve Collar
Suit trousers Smile Dress shirt Tie Sleeve
Suit trousers Face Head Smile Picture frame
Glasses Photograph Dress shirt Picture frame Gesture
Outerwear Coat Dress shirt Tie Tartan
Jeans Leg Grey Street fashion Flooring

#40 ·
Crusty, you didn't mention the gloves! As I'm ordering a pair fro Chester Jefferies, I'm curious about your selection.
If you read above, you'll see that the tan gloves I wear with my camel's hair polo coat are from Saks, their house brand, and that most of my other gloves are no-name brands from my local discounter, though they are all cashmere lined. I must confess to being a bit cheap when it comes to gloves, as I buy a pair for every winter coat or jacket I own.

#41 ·
Gentlemen, I find myself tempted to buy something that is outside of the canon of "proper" clothing. I saw the formal shoes shown below at my local branch of Saks (Brookfield Place, near my office in NYC's financial district). I find their sleekness attractive, though I know that their form is not correct for formal wear (formal shoes should not have any metal ornaments). I do not wish to appear louche, but on occasion I have a taste for rather louche accessories.

An opportunity for you all to express your opinions, if nothing else, and, no, I have not bought the shoes - yet.

Shoe Black Outdoor shoe Shoe store Grey
Brown Footwear Shoe White Light
Shoe Comfort Asphalt Grey Road surface
Shoe Automotive tire Outdoor shoe Walking shoe Grey

#42 ·
Gentlemen, I find myself tempted to buy something that is outside of the canon of "proper" clothing. I saw the formal shoes shown below at my local branch of Saks (Brookfield Place, near my office in NYC's financial district). I find their sleekness attractive, though I know that their form is not correct for formal wear (formal shoes should not have any metal ornaments). I do not wish to appear louche, but on occasion I have a taste for rather louche accessories.

An opportunity for you all to express your opinions, if nothing else, and, no, I have not bought the shoes - yet.

View attachment 19497 View attachment 19498 View attachment 19499 View attachment 19500
upr_crust,
Consider it as your own sense of "sprezzatura", similar to Gianni Agnelli wearing his watch over his shirt cuff.

#49 ·
^^"Those shoes are just not you."

I disagree with that assessment above. Those shoes are actually very much in keeping with the photographic chronicling of upr_crust's personality in these threads. Upr_crust, my friend, those shoes are indeed you! Who among us has not seen the accessorized bits of 'flash bang' he referred to in his earlier post, as he looks out at us from those wonderful pictures with a twinkle in his eyes and a tiny, but indeed rakish little smile, or perhaps it is a poorly hidden, but good humored smirk...yes, no? He sets a new and more elevated standard for us to strive to emulate, but he also very much enjoys his splendid wardrobe, sharing life lessons with us far beyond the splendor of his wardrobe. Upr_crust so very greatly enjoys his wardrobe and it shows. Therein lies perhaps his most consistent and insightful lesson for us. If we do not truly enjoy our wardrobes, as does he, they are not worth all the time, money and effort we invest in them. Upr_crust, IMHO you should add those shoes to your collection. I am certain you will find ways to put them to good use. ;)