Yonkle

Starting Member
The weather continues sunny and comfortable here in NYC. After a day of multiple errands yesterday (including a fitting with my alterations tailor, who is putting back the shape into a couple of my BB MTM suits I had let out a year ago, during a period of relative fatness - I should have them back later this week), I am back to suits.

Someone asked me recently about a source for collar bars, which put the idea into my head to actually wear one today - I am easily suggestible.

Suit, tie, shoes and braces - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - Brooks Brothers
Cufflinks - Deakin & Francis, London
Pocket square - Robert Talbott
Face mask - New & Lingwood

View attachment 49537 View attachment 49538 View attachment 49539 View attachment 49540 View attachment 49541 View attachment 49542
X all your suits fit well this one is exceptional bravo
The weather continues sunny and comfortable here in NYC. After a day of multiple errands yesterday (including a fitting with my alterations tailor, who is putting back the shape into a couple of my BB MTM suits I had let out a year ago, during a period of relative fatness - I should have them back later this week), I am back to suits.

Someone asked me recently about a source for collar bars, which put the idea into my head to actually wear one today - I am easily suggestible.

Suit, tie, shoes and braces - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - Brooks Brothers
Pocket square - Robert Talbott

View attachment 49537 View attachment 49538 View attachment 49539 View attachment 49540 View attachment 49541 View attachment 49542
All your suits fit well this one is exceptional bravo

upr_crust

Connoisseur
The weather in NYC continues to be sunny and seasonal, with low humidity, making suit-wearing a plausible activity, The weather is getting warmer, though, so I have taken the opportunity to wear something summery, in a color combo that makes me happy (or makes me a patriot in Sweden - whichever . . .)

Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - Trywhitt
Tie - Charvet
Cufflinks - Budd, London
Braces - Fine & Dandy, NYC
Pocket square - allegedly Daniel Cremieux - obtained via Taobao, China.
Shoes - Crockett & Jones Maltons

IMG_4467 (2).JPG
IMG_4468.JPG
IMG_4469.JPG
IMG_4471.JPG
IMG_4472.JPG
IMG_4473.JPG

upr_crust

Connoisseur
The weather continues to be dry, if not sunny today, and pleasantly warm. To that end, I've donned a tropical-weight suit, with which I am wearing loafers (gasp!), for two very fine reasons. First, they are Alden shell cordovans, and I've not worn them in a long time, and second, I am seeing my alterations tailor later on today, and will be trying on the two suits I left with him to alter, thus needing footwear that was easy-on, easy-off.

Note also, for those debating four-in-hand vs. half-Windsor tie knots, that today's tie is tied in a double FIH, as opposed to yesterday's half Windsor - both ties being Charvets.

Shirt and braces - Brooks Brothers
Cufflinks - Benson & Clegg, London
Pocket square - vintage no name brand
Shoes - Brooks Brothers/Alden shell cordovan

IMG_4476.JPG
IMG_4477.JPG
IMG_4478.JPG
IMG_4479.JPG
IMG_4480.JPG
IMG_4481.JPG

upr_crust

Connoisseur
I had occasion yesterday afternoon to pick up two suits that I had taken to my alterations tailor. The suits, both Brooks Brothers MTM suits, made by Martin Greenfield eight and ten years ago, respectively, were made to the traditional Golden Fleece model, which, after several years of Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole, was a bit too full-cut for my tastes. I had last had the suits altered during a period of weight gain, about a year ago, and my tailor had let out the sides a bit for me. This time, he took the suit jackets in from the back center seam, and tapered the trousers a bit, going from a 9" diameter opening at the cuff to an 8" opening. The effect is not as dramatic as I expected, but seeing the photos, side by side, the suits look thinner, if perhaps with little change in waist suppression.

I found photos from last year of me wearing the suits, and have posted the "befores" and "afters" below.

Having these alterations done also made me realize that I own no less than four blue double-breasted suits, the two shown below, a solid navy suit from Paul Stuart, and my newest suit, the navy with blue stripes, from New & Lingwood. I obviously have something of a one-track mind.

For today's attire, since, after the start of calendrical autumn here in NYC, we have to have a spate of summer weather. I've opted for linen and linen blends, and something more casual than a suit.

Sports jacket - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Polo Ralph Lauren
Cufflinks - Turnbull & Asser
Pocket square - no name brand
Shoes - New & Lingwood
Face mask - Metropolitan Museum of Art

Suits - Before and After:

IMG_0378.JPG

IMG_4487.JPG

IMG_4486.JPG

IMG_0454.JPG

IMG_4485.JPG

IMG_4484.JPG
IMG_4488.JPG
IMG_4489.JPG
IMG_4490.JPG
IMG_4491.JPG

wildcat1976

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
I had occasion yesterday afternoon to pick up two suits that I had taken to my alterations tailor. The suits, both Brooks Brothers MTM suits, made by Martin Greenfield eight and ten years ago, respectively, were made to the traditional Golden Fleece model, which, after several years of Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole, was a bit too full-cut for my tastes. I had last had the suits altered during a period of weight gain, about a year ago, and my tailor had let out the sides a bit for me. This time, he took the suit jackets in from the back center seam, and tapered the trousers a bit, going from a 9" diameter opening at the cuff to an 8" opening. The effect is not as dramatic as I expected, but seeing the photos, side by side, the suits look thinner, if perhaps with little change in waist suppression.

I found photos from last year of me wearing the suits, and have posted the "befores" and "afters" below.

Having these alterations done also made me realize that I own no less than four blue double-breasted suits, the two shown below, a solid navy suit from Paul Stuart, and my newest suit, the navy with blue stripes, from New & Lingwood. I obviously have something of a one-track mind.

For today's attire, since, after the start of calendrical autumn here in NYC, we have to have a spate of summer weather. I've opted for linen and linen blends, and something more casual than a suit.

Sports jacket - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Polo Ralph Lauren
Cufflinks - Turnbull & Asser
Shoes - New & Lingwood
Face mask - Metropolitan Museum of Art

Suits - Before and After:

View attachment 49634

View attachment 49635

View attachment 49636

View attachment 49637

View attachment 49638

View attachment 49639 View attachment 49640 View attachment 49641 View attachment 49642 View attachment 49643
Double-breasted suits look very becoming on you, bestowing a sophisticated and commanding presence. Not many people can pull off this look wearing DB's.

upr_crust

Connoisseur
I accept the challenge, yet feel that defeat might be staring me in the face with big sad puppy-dog eyes . . .

The weather in NYC, after a few days of overcast or rainy weather, has reverted to sunny and pleasant - a perfect day to get suited up and face the world. Today's suit is one of my first suits, in my current size, from Paul Stuart, acquired some ten years ago. I think that I might take it to my alterations tailor and see if there is anything he might suggest to do to it - for myself, the shoulders seem a little too extended, and the trousers could be tapered and shortened a bit. A project in the works, perhaps.

Suit - Paul Stuart
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Polo Ralph Lauren
Cufflinks - a craft fair in the Recoletas district, Buenos Aires
Braces - Paul Stuart
Shoes - Stefano Branchini via Bergdorf's
Face mask - New & Lingwood.

IMG_4496.JPG
IMG_4497.JPG
IMG_4498.JPG
IMG_4499.JPG
IMG_4500.JPG
IMG_4501.JPG

wildcat1976

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
I accept the challenge, yet feel that defeat might be staring me in the face with big sad puppy-dog eyes . . .

The weather in NYC, after a few days of overcast or rainy weather, has reverted to sunny and pleasant - a perfect day to get suited up and face the world. Today's suit is one of my first suits, in my current size, from Paul Stuart, acquired some ten years ago. I think that I might take it to my alterations tailor and see if there is anything he might suggest to do to it - for myself, the shoulders seem a little too extended, and the trousers could be tapered and shortened a bit. A project in the works, perhaps.

Suit - Paul Stuart
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Polo Ralph Lauren
Cufflinks - a craft fair in the Recoletas district, Buenos Aires
Braces - Paul Stuart
Shoes - Stefano Branchini via Bergdorf's
Face mask - New & Lingwood.

View attachment 49759 View attachment 49760 View attachment 49761 View attachment 49762 View attachment 49763 View attachment 49764
It looks fine to my eye but who am I to question the master?

upr_crust

Connoisseur
The weather continues to be sunny and mild. Earlier today, I went off to a members' preview of the re-opening of the Guggenheim Museum - a welcome addition to the venues re-opening here in NYC. In another forum, it was suggested that folks show their boot collections, hence the footwear selection for today. (Also, they are comfortable, and comfortable footwear is a necessity, mounting the great spiral at the Guggenheim.)

Shirt - Thomas Pink
Tie - Ralph Lauren Purple Label
Cufflinks - David Donohue
Braces & face mask - New & Lingwood
Pocket sqaure - Ashear
Boots - Magnanni for Saks Fifth Avenue

IMG_4504.JPG
IMG_4505.JPG
IMG_4507.JPG
IMG_4508.JPG
IMG_4509.JPG
IMG_4510.JPG

upr_crust

Connoisseur
The weather, after a period of clouds and rain this morning, has brightened up and cooled down, making the wearing of fall-weight clothing a possibility.

With the recent alterations to two of my double-breasted suits, it occurred to me to find out exactly how many of them I own. As it turns out, I own no less than six double-breasted suits, and, as the weather would seem to permit over the next week, I have decided to wear them all in succession, starting with today's suit.

Suit & face mask - New & Lingwood
Shirt - Brooks Brothers MTM
Tie - Drake's, via the Armoury, NYC
Cufflinks - Deakin & Francis
Braces - Brooks Brothers
Pocket square - vintage no name brand
Boots - Cheaney

IMG_4513.JPG
IMG_4514.JPG
IMG_4515.JPG
IMG_4516.JPG
IMG_4517.JPG
IMG_4518.JPG

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
⇧ That is such a nice looking suit (pants, maybe a touch long?) - I love its material. Those boots are perfect with it - both their style and color.
I would repeat every word Fading Fast had to say in his post above, but would add I do so love those boots. I may have to go on the hunt and get me a pair of those! Thanks for the continued sartorial inspiration. ;)

upr_crust

Connoisseur
The weather remains dry and comfortably mild here in NYC, and the parade of double-breasted suits continues - day 2 of 6.

Today's is main-line Paul Stuart, something I found on sale several years ago, and latched onto immediately.

Suit - Paul Stuart
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Charvet
Braces - Paul Stuart
Shoes - Septieme Largeur

IMG_4521.JPG
IMG_4522.JPG
IMG_4523.JPG
IMG_4524.JPG
IMG_4525.JPG
IMG_4526.JPG

upr_crust

Connoisseur
Today is Day 3 of the progression of double-breasted suits in my closet. Today's suit is an eight-year old Martin Greenfield-made Brooks Brothers MTM commission, cut to the standards for Brooks' Madison model (i.e. full cut), which was recently altered by my alterations tailor, who took the jacket in at least an inch at the back center seam, and who tapered the trousers from a 9" diameter at the cuff to 8". I had had the jacket let out at the sides about a year ago, during an upsurge of weight, which has taken some of the shape of the jacket out, to its detriment, I think.

It is interesting (at least to me) to compare and contrast today's suit with yesterday's RTW suit from Paul Stuart. The fabric from which today's suit was made is superior to the Stuart's suit (a super 140's for today's suit, vs, a super 110 or 120 for yesterday's), but the cut of the Stuart suit is more flattering to my current shape. We shall see what happens going forward.

I opted for cordovan colored shoes with today's suit, instead of black, in the spirit of experimentation.

Suit & shirt - Brooks Brothers MTM
Tie - Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece
Cufflinks - Burberry
Braces - Lewin
Pocket square - Polo Ralph Lauren
Shoes - Crockett & Jones, model Weybridge

IMG_4530.JPG
IMG_4531.JPG
IMG_4532.JPG
IMG_4533.JPG
IMG_4534.JPG
IMG_4536.JPG

upr_crust

Connoisseur
The weather continues to be dry and seasonal, and the progression of double-breasted suits continues.

Today's selection is the antithesis of yesterday's suit (and tomorrow's) - a very softly constructed, unlined, unpadded lightweight suit, cut much more slimly than yesterday's. The fabric, from the suit labels, is listed as a Solaro, and it feels as breathable as linen - I picked today, predicted to be the warmest day this week, in order to wear this.

Shirt - Brooks Brothers
Tie - Battistoni
Cufflinks - Taetossian, via the Metropolitan Museum of Art
Braces - Paul Stuart
Pocket square - Harvie & Hudson, London
Shoes - J. Fitzpatrick

IMG_4539.JPG
IMG_4540.JPG
IMG_4541.JPG
IMG_4542.JPG
IMG_4543.JPG
IMG_4544.JPG

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.