upr_crust

Connoisseur
The weather in NYC has cooled a bit, but remains dry and partially sunny, and the progression of double-breasted suits continues.

Today's suit is one I had made for me at Brooks Brothers some 10 years ago, and which I had significant surgery performed on recently by my alterations tailor. It was, like my BB MTM suit worn Tuesday, made by Martin Greenfield, and was cut to the very full proportions of Brooks' Madison silhouette. It was suggested, not without reason, that Tuesday's suit, even with the latest alterations made, no longer flattered me, and suffered in comparison to Monday's navy DB from Paul Stuart's. I believe that today's suit has fared a bit better in that regard - either I was closer in size 10 years ago to what I am now, or my alterations tailor did a better job reshaping this suit than he did the navy DB.

Along with this suit from Brooks, I'm wearing a Brooks MTM shirt, a shirt made erroneously in a fabric not of my choosing, which, eventually, the MTM staff at Brooks' former home at One Liberty Plaza gave to me. It is not the easiest shirt with which to combine into an outfit, but I occasionally enjoy a challenge.

Suit & shirt - Brooks Brothers MTM
Tie - Harvie & Hudson, London
Cufflinks - Penhaligon's
Braces - Lewin
Pocket square - Robert Talbott
Shoes - Carmina
Face mask - New & Lingwood
IMG_4547.JPG
IMG_4548.JPG
IMG_4549.JPG
IMG_4550.JPG
IMG_4551.JPG
IMG_4552.JPG

DCR

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
48 this morning and I have an outside breakfast shortly. So broke out some fall clothes!

Shirt - Proper Cloth
Tweed - J Crew
Moleskins - Dapper Classics
Chukkas - Herring (I think Barker)

View attachment 50009
You should cross-post this to the WIYW thread in the trad forum as it works perfectly there. Love the shirt, any up close pics of the tattersall pattern?

upr_crust

Connoisseur
The weather in NYC is seasonably cool and sunny, and my progression through my collection of double-breasted suits finds its conclusion with today's posting - my newest DB suit, from New & Lingwood's New York shop. The somewhat unusual nature of the striping of this suit makes it an interesting exercise to pick a shirt and tie to coordinate - I tried several shirts before deciding on the one I chose, after picking out the tie. In honor of the cooler weather, I've opted to wear a felt hat - the first of the season.

Suit, braces & face mask - New & Lingwood
Shirt & boots - Paul Stuart
Tie - Charvet
Cufflinks - Deakin & Francis
Pocket square - Brooks Brothers
Hat - Laird, London

IMG_4555.JPG
IMG_4556.JPG
IMG_4557.JPG
IMG_4558.JPG
IMG_4559.JPG
IMG_4560.JPG
IMG_4561.JPG

upr_crust

Connoisseur
A special weekend edition, in honor of my impending birthday, at which time I will officially be a senior citizen, a concept to which I am not yet reconciled. Even though my husband and I are dining outside, we've decided to dress for the occasion.

A friend inquired about my watch collection, so included in today's photos is a photo of all of my watches. Of the 10 watches shown, I inherited or were given eight of them, and purchased only two. They are all quartz movements, save for the larger of the pocket watches, which is mechanical. Most were inexpensive, save for the two on the left, the Tiffany and the le Must de Cartier, but I like them either for their looks, or for sentimental reasons.

Also included is a photo of my newest pair of cufflinks, a birthday present from my husband.

Suit - Ralph Lauren Purple Label
Shirt - Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece
Tie - Lewin (vintage enough to be labeled "Made in England")
Cufflinks - Deakin & Francis, via Scully & Scully, NYC
Braces - Paul Stuart
Pocket square - Ede & Ravenscroft, London
Shoes - Septieme Largeur, Paris
Face mask - New & Longwood.
IMG_4564.JPG
IMG_4565.JPG
IMG_4566.JPG
IMG_4567.JPG
IMG_4568.JPG
IMG_4569.JPG
IMG_4570.JPG
IMG_4571.JPG

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
Happy Birthday Upr, you look darn good for an almost senior citizen. Hope you had a wonderful time at dinner.

You have an outstanding watch collection. As someone who gets excited about a $200 watch from the '30s and yawns at many of the new "tens of thousands of dollars" super watches, I'm surprised at how much I love your Cartier tank, but I do. It's just so classic and timeless.

upr_crust

Connoisseur
Happy Birthday Upr, you look darn good for an almost senior citizen. Hope you had a wonderful time at dinner.

You have an outstanding watch collection. As someone who gets excited about a $200 watch from the '30s and yawns at many of the new "tens of thousands of dollars" super watches, I'm surprised at how much I love your Cartier tank, but I do. It's just so classic and timeless.
Thank you, FF. I don't like oversized watches, so most watches produced today are, to my eyes, just too big, certainly for my wrist, so the watches from the 80's are much more my speed.

As for the Cartier, it's a silver-gilt, rather than a solid gold case, and was purchased at Selfridge's in London in March 1985, at a time when the dollar was strong against all European currencies, and there were no price adjustments to equalize the cost of goods sold both in Europe and the US. My late husband bought the watch for less than half its cost in New York at the same time.

upr_crust

Connoisseur
After two days of rain (Monday's deluge, and Tuesday's grim drizzle) the sun has returned to NYC, and I've returned to suits.

Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt & cufflinks - Brooks Brothers
Tie - Drake's
Braces - Paul Stuart
Pocket square - Harvie & Hudson, London
Shoes - Magnanni for Bergdorf Goodman
Face mask - New & Lingwood

IMG_4575.JPG
IMG_4576.JPG
IMG_4577.JPG
IMG_4578.JPG
IMG_4579.JPG
IMG_4580.JPG

RogerP

Connoisseur
Sorry for the sub-basement level ensemble - jeans - ikr? Just popping in to say hello to all you good folks. I have almost zero opportunity to dress well these days - heck, trousers are optional most days. And even in largely disposable clothing, I was still the most "dressed up" on the woodland trails. I assure you the boots were first rate, though! I hope that everyone is doing well.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
Sorry for the sub-basement level ensemble - jeans - ikr? Just popping in to say hello to all you good folks. I have almost zero opportunity to dress well these days - heck, trousers are optional most days. And even in largely disposable clothing, I was still the most "dressed up" on the woodland trails. I assure you the boots were first rate, though! I hope that everyone is doing well.

Great to hear from you - glad you are well. I believe LL Bean is on the phone as it is interested in hiring you for its next photo shoot.

wildcat1976

Active Member with Corp. Privileges

Still looking sharp, RogerP!

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator

RodgerP you look great...very appropriate rig for a trail walk. Truth be known, as this pandemic driven social distancing drags on, I can be found, on an increasingly frequent basis, intermixing my Levi's with my beloved chinos as my choice of trousers for the day's rig! LOL. ;)

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.