upr_crust

Connoisseur
Another bright, mild sunny day here in NYC, before rain returns tomorrow.

Yesterday, while out, trying to shop for a birthday present for my husband (a total failure), I came across a couple of bargains for myself - today's cap, found at the warehouse sale for Paul Stuart, PS45 (featured only for demonstration purposes - it would be too warm to wear outside for any length of time today), and today's cufflinks, found at my local Saks Off Fifth (when it comes to discounts, I have no shame)- lapis lazuli set in sterling silver, at about 15% of regular retail price.

Today's boots are being worn simply because they've not been worn in too long, not necessarily that they are the perfect match to today's suit.

Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie & cap - Paul Stuart
Cufflinks - Saks Off Fifth
Pocket square - Brooks Brothers
Boots - Cheaney, via Harrods, London
Face mask - New & Lingwood

IMG_4583.JPG
IMG_4584.JPG
IMG_4585.JPG
IMG_4586.JPG
IMG_4587.JPG
IMG_4588.JPG
IMG_4589.JPG

bernoulli

He is back! He is back! @RogerP, as always, you look amazing.

Sorry for the sub-basement level ensemble - jeans - ikr? Just popping in to say hello to all you good folks. I have almost zero opportunity to dress well these days - heck, trousers are optional most days. And even in largely disposable clothing, I was still the most "dressed up" on the woodland trails. I assure you the boots were first rate, though! I hope that everyone is doing well.

Jeff84

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
I haven’t posted in quite a while, what with a heavier work schedule and my fall lawn renovations. I’m heading to the “nice” mall to return some online purchases and be out with the people. Just for the sake of it, I walked past Brooks Brothers for nostalgic purposes.
Super casual today.
St. John’s Bay canvas shoes with a Brooks Brothers canvas belt. Levi’s 501, white Brooks Brothers t-shirt and Vineyard Vines quarter zip.
F0BC10DD-BD23-4438-A8E6-880B7C98E84E.jpeg

Last edited:

upr_crust

Connoisseur
Today, my husband, on vacation this week, and I went to the Metropolitan Museum for the afternoon. As the weather was cool, I put on enough layers to serve well indoors and out.

Jacket - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt & waistcoat - Brooks Brothers
Jeans - Levi's
Boots - Paul Stuart house brand

IMG_20201019_174740.jpg
PXL_20201019_190948919.jpg
PXL_20201019_191405690.NIGHT.jpg

The final photograph, taken Saturday, shows why I should never be left in the holiday decor department at Macy's with time on my hands.

PXL_20201017_204023364.jpg

Jeff84

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Today, my husband, on vacation this week, and I went to the Metropolitan Museum for the afternoon. As the weather was cool, I put on enough layers to serve well indoors and out.

Jeans - Levi's

View attachment 50299 View attachment 50300 View attachment 50301

The final photograph, taken Saturday, shows why I should never be left in the holiday decor department at Macy's with time on my hands.

View attachment 50302
I love the casual look.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator

Jeans - Levi's

View attachment 50299 View attachment 50300 View attachment 50301

View attachment 50302
Just the right rig for a casual outing. Those boots are memorably handsome, my friend. It appears a good time was had by all. ;)

upr_crust

Connoisseur
As part of my husband's "staycation" in NYC, we had a late, leisurely lunch in the meatpacking district, then took a stroll up the High Line, and ended with a visit to Hudson Yards. As the weather was moderately warm (and immoderately humid), I dressed more for summer than mid-October, and was just as happy that I did - the afternoon brought out the sun.

Sports jacket - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt and trousers - Brooks Brothers
Tie - Paul Stuart
Pocket square - no name brand
Shoes - Alden

Included in the mix of photos are some "lifestyle" shots, from lunch, the High Line, and Hudson Yards.

IMG_4592.JPG
IMG_4593.JPG
IMG_4594.JPG
IMG_4595.JPG
IMG_4596.JPG
IMG_4597.JPG
PXL_20201021_173304445.jpg
PXL_20201021_184405997.jpg
PXL_20201021_194205877.jpg

upr_crust

Connoisseur
The weather in NYC was supposed to have been drizzly this morning, with clearing this afternoon, though evidence of clearing has not yet been seen - it still looks wet outside.

To that end, instead of adding something new to the suit rotation, I am wearing something already worn at least twice since its last dry cleaning. Today, it is the choice of accessories that is the item of interest.

As is my habit, while exercising on the stationary bike in the morning, I watch a variety of TV programs - intellectual junk food, to be sure, but it makes the process of aerobic stimulation less tedious. Lately, I've been watching "Victoria", streaming from PBS, and the other day, there was a close up of the actor playing Prince Albert, without a jacket on, and lo and behold, Prince Albert is wearing the same pattern of braces as I've chosen for today. An amusing coincidence.

Also, noted in the close up of accessories, I show three pairs of cufflinks - the red and blue enamel ones that I am wearing today, and two pairs, copped at cheap prices from Saks Off Fifth - a pair set with micro-mosaic of onyx and mother of pearl in a checkerboard pattern, and a rather jokey (and transgressive) pair - a pair of scissors just about to slice through a necktie. I expect that I will get more use out of the former than the latter, but the latter were so cheap that it makes little difference.

Suit - Paul Stuart
Shirt - Brooks Brothers MTM
Tie - Charvet
Cufflinks - red/blue enamel - Deakin & Francis
Cufflinks - micromosaic - Saks Fifth Avenue house brand
Cufflinks - tie & scissors - Robert Graham
Pocket square - Ede & Ravenscroft
Shoes - Bergdorf Goodman house brand

IMG_4600.JPG
IMG_4601.JPG
IMG_4602.JPG
IMG_4603.JPG
IMG_4604.JPG
IMG_4605.JPG

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
The weather in NYC was supposed to have been drizzly this morning, with clearing this afternoon, though evidence of clearing has not yet been seen - it still looks wet outside.

To that end, instead of adding something new to the suit rotation, I am wearing something already worn at least twice since its last dry cleaning. Today, it is the choice of accessories that is the item of interest.

As is my habit, while exercising on the stationary bike in the morning, I watch a variety of TV programs - intellectual junk food, to be sure, but it makes the process of aerobic stimulation less tedious. Lately, I've been watching "Victoria", streaming from PBS, and the other day, there was a close up of the actor playing Prince Albert, without a jacket on, and lo and behold, Prince Albert is wearing the same pattern of braces as I've chosen for today. An amusing coincidence.

Also, noted in the close up of accessories, I show three pairs of cufflinks - the red and blue enamel ones that I am wearing today, and two pairs, copped at cheap prices from Saks Off Fifth - a pair set with micro-mosaic of onyx and mother of pearl in a checkerboard pattern, and a rather jokey (and transgressive) pair - a pair of scissors just about to slice through a necktie. I expect that I will get more use out of the former than the latter, but the latter were so cheap that it makes little difference.

Suit - Paul Stuart
Shirt - Brooks Brothers MTM
Tie - Charvet
Cufflinks - red/blue enamel - Deakin & Francis
Cufflinks - micromosaic - Saks Fifth Avenue house brand
Cufflinks - tie & scissors - Robert Graham
Shoes - Bergdorf Goodman house brand

View attachment 50513 View attachment 50514 View attachment 50515 View attachment 50516 View attachment 50517 View attachment 50518
As you noted, a lot of neat stuff today. I like the scissor cufflinks, as IMHO, novelty cufflinks are quieter and less common than the overused novelty socks.

For some reason, seeing something you own - like those outstanding braces of yours - on TV is incredibly fun.

It happened to me with a watch a few months back #1,873 .

upr_crust

Connoisseur
As you noted, a lot of neat stuff today. I like the scissor cufflinks, as IMHO, novelty cufflinks are quieter and less common than the overused novelty socks.

For some reason, seeing something you own - like those outstanding braces of yours - on TV is incredibly fun.

It happened to me with a watch a few months back #1,873 .
Thanks , FF. I "liked" your posting in re: your vintage watch, BTW - that must have been fun, seeing that - in the same serendipitous way that my noticing Prince Albert's braces was.

FWIW, I spent some time this afternoon at the Met Museum's latest show, for Costume Institute, "About Time - Fashion and Duration" - it was a members' preview day today. A photographer for the museum took my photo as I was viewing some of the exhibits, which I strongly suspect had to do with the fact that I was dressed up (most of the other attendees were dressed for the marginally foul weather we were having earlier today, not for appearances sakes). We shall see if the photo ever gets published.

upr_crust

Connoisseur
The weather in NYC remains cool and overcast, but is dry for the moment - just the day to stand in line for early voting. I believe that, with today's cap, I shall be insulated comfortably outdoors, without becoming overheated indoors.

Sports jacket, bow tie, cap & shoes - Paul Stuart
Shirt & trousers - Brooks Brothers
Pocket square - Drake's, via the Armoury, NYC

IMG_4608.JPG
IMG_4609.JPG
IMG_4610.JPG
IMG_4611.JPG
IMG_4613.JPG
IMG_4614.JPG

upr_crust

Connoisseur
The weather in NYC today is misty - lightly raining earlier, now just very foggy (the Empire State Building, normally easily seen from my living room window, is now much obscured, and One World Trade has totally disappeared). Be that as it may, the heart wants what it wants, and today, it wanted to wear a waistcoat. Reaching into my closet for what was next in rotation that hadn't been worn in a while, I came across today's suit/waistcoat combo - bought at different times and on different continents, yet seeming to wed gracefully to one another.

It is also cool enough for me to wear a proper hat today - hurrah.

Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Waistcoat - Ede & Ravenscroft, London
Shirt - Hilditch & Key
Tie - Paul Stuart
Cufflinks - Benson & Clegg, London
Pocket square - Robert Talbott
Vintage watch chain
Boots - Paul Smith
Trilby - Laird, London

IMG_4617.JPG
IMG_4618.JPG
IMG_4619.JPG
IMG_4620.JPG
IMG_4622.JPG
IMG_4623.JPG

upr_crust

Connoisseur
The weather in NYC has been cold and wet for the last 36 hours or so, and is only supposed to clear later this afternoon - not weather conducive to getting elaborately dressed up, hence today's more casual attire.

Sports jacket - Chester Barrie via Austin Reed (both brands now consigned to the dustbin of sartorial history)
Shirt and suede vest - Brooks Brothers
Trousers - Levi's
Boots - Magnanni
Cap - Paul Stuart

IMG_4626.JPG
IMG_4627.JPG
IMG_4628.JPG
IMG_4630.JPG
IMG_4631.JPG

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.