upr_crust

Connoisseur
Another bright, mild sunny day here in NYC, before rain returns tomorrow.

Yesterday, while out, trying to shop for a birthday present for my husband (a total failure), I came across a couple of bargains for myself - today's cap, found at the warehouse sale for Paul Stuart, PS45 (featured only for demonstration purposes - it would be too warm to wear outside for any length of time today), and today's cufflinks, found at my local Saks Off Fifth (when it comes to discounts, I have no shame)- lapis lazuli set in sterling silver, at about 15% of regular retail price.

Today's boots are being worn simply because they've not been worn in too long, not necessarily that they are the perfect match to today's suit.

Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie & cap - Paul Stuart
Cufflinks - Saks Off Fifth
Pocket square - Brooks Brothers
Boots - Cheaney, via Harrods, London
Face mask - New & Lingwood

IMG_4583.JPG
IMG_4584.JPG
IMG_4585.JPG
IMG_4586.JPG
IMG_4587.JPG
IMG_4588.JPG
IMG_4589.JPG

bernoulli

He is back! He is back! @RogerP, as always, you look amazing.

Sorry for the sub-basement level ensemble - jeans - ikr? Just popping in to say hello to all you good folks. I have almost zero opportunity to dress well these days - heck, trousers are optional most days. And even in largely disposable clothing, I was still the most "dressed up" on the woodland trails. I assure you the boots were first rate, though! I hope that everyone is doing well.

Jeff84

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
I haven’t posted in quite a while, what with a heavier work schedule and my fall lawn renovations. I’m heading to the “nice” mall to return some online purchases and be out with the people. Just for the sake of it, I walked past Brooks Brothers for nostalgic purposes.
Super casual today.
St. John’s Bay canvas shoes with a Brooks Brothers canvas belt. Levi’s 501, white Brooks Brothers t-shirt and Vineyard Vines quarter zip.
F0BC10DD-BD23-4438-A8E6-880B7C98E84E.jpeg

Last edited:

upr_crust

Connoisseur
Today, my husband, on vacation this week, and I went to the Metropolitan Museum for the afternoon. As the weather was cool, I put on enough layers to serve well indoors and out.

Jacket - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt & waistcoat - Brooks Brothers
Jeans - Levi's
Boots - Paul Stuart house brand

IMG_20201019_174740.jpg
PXL_20201019_190948919.jpg
PXL_20201019_191405690.NIGHT.jpg

The final photograph, taken Saturday, shows why I should never be left in the holiday decor department at Macy's with time on my hands.

PXL_20201017_204023364.jpg

Jeff84

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Today, my husband, on vacation this week, and I went to the Metropolitan Museum for the afternoon. As the weather was cool, I put on enough layers to serve well indoors and out.

Jeans - Levi's

View attachment 50299 View attachment 50300 View attachment 50301

The final photograph, taken Saturday, shows why I should never be left in the holiday decor department at Macy's with time on my hands.

View attachment 50302
I love the casual look.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator

Jeans - Levi's

View attachment 50299 View attachment 50300 View attachment 50301

View attachment 50302
Just the right rig for a casual outing. Those boots are memorably handsome, my friend. It appears a good time was had by all. ;)

upr_crust

Connoisseur
As part of my husband's "staycation" in NYC, we had a late, leisurely lunch in the meatpacking district, then took a stroll up the High Line, and ended with a visit to Hudson Yards. As the weather was moderately warm (and immoderately humid), I dressed more for summer than mid-October, and was just as happy that I did - the afternoon brought out the sun.

Sports jacket - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt and trousers - Brooks Brothers
Tie - Paul Stuart
Pocket square - no name brand
Shoes - Alden

Included in the mix of photos are some "lifestyle" shots, from lunch, the High Line, and Hudson Yards.

IMG_4592.JPG
IMG_4593.JPG
IMG_4594.JPG
IMG_4595.JPG
IMG_4596.JPG
IMG_4597.JPG
PXL_20201021_173304445.jpg
PXL_20201021_184405997.jpg
PXL_20201021_194205877.jpg

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.