Fading Fast

Connoisseur
The weather in NYC has been cold and wet for the last 36 hours or so, and is only supposed to clear later this afternoon - not weather conducive to getting elaborately dressed up, hence today's more casual attire.

Sports jacket - Chester Barrie via Austin Reed (both brands now consigned to the dustbin of sartorial history)
Shirt and suede vest - Brooks Brothers
Trousers - Levi's
Pocket square - Ede & Ravenscroft
Boots - Magnanni
Cap - Paul Stuart
Face mask - New & Lingwood

View attachment 50642 View attachment 50643 View attachment 50644 View attachment 50645 View attachment 50646
Well done overall and I love the vest-and-jean combo in particular.

I'm thinking you need (notice how easily I spend your money) a classic grey or brown herringbone sport coat. To be sure, you'll bring your own flair to it with the outfits you assemble around it, but I think it would be a nice addition to your incredible wardrobe. It would have been fantastic over today's rig.

Over the years, I've owned Austin Reed suits and an incredible Austin Reed trench, which, at the time, seemed to be on par with Burberry.

upr_crust

Connoisseur
The weather in NYC today is cool and breezy, with variable cloudiness, allowing one to wear a full complement of fall/winter gear. I had a hankering for wearing a three-piece suit, and to wear my Homburg - I am getting all my wishes fulfilled at once.

A woman friend of mine of very long standing (we've known each other since junior high) told me that there is an effort for ladies to wear pearls on Election Day, in memory of the late Ruth Bader Ginsburg. I do not own pearls, unsurprisingly, but the cufflinks I am wearing today are set with a engraved field of mother of pearl - my small contribution to their effort.

Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - Brooks Brothers MTM
Tie - Thomas Pink
Cufflinks - Deakin & Francis, via Scully & Scully, NYC
Pocket square - Ashear
Vintage watch chain
Shoes - Paul Stuart house brand
Topcoat - Turnbull & Asser
Scarf - Hickey Freeman
Hat - Lock, London

IMG_4634.JPG
IMG_4638.JPG
IMG_4639.JPG
IMG_4640.JPG
IMG_4641.JPG
IMG_4642.JPG
IMG_4643.JPG

upr_crust

Connoisseur
Yesterday, the weather in NYC has turned sunny and has warmed up a bit. After Tuesday's posting, rather a blowout of all things sartorial, I decided to lower the visual volume a bit today, and also to recycle a shirt I wore Sunday evening for a couple of hours, while out to dinner (lifestyle shots from dinner, and after, included).

Suit - Brooks Brothers
Shirt - Ike Behar
Tie - Ermenegildo Zegna, via Bergdorf Goodman
Cufflinks - Robert Graham, via Saks Off Fifth
Pocket square - Robert Talbott
Shoes - Crockett & Jones
Hat - Laird, London
Scarf - Paul Stuart

IMG_4646.JPG
IMG_4647.JPG
IMG_4648.JPG
IMG_4649.JPG
IMG_4651.JPG
IMG_4652.JPG
PXL_20201102_000344011.NIGHT.jpg
PXL_20201102_013703991.NIGHT.jpg

upr_crust

Connoisseur
The weather in NYC today is more reminiscent of mid-September than early November - not that I'm complaining. It gives me the ability to sneak in another wearing of today's suit, a wool/mohair blend more suited to warmer months.

Suit - Ede & Ravenscroft
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Charvet
Braces - Paul Stuart
Cufflinks - Penhaligon's
Pocket square - Harvie & Hudson, London
Shoes - Edward Green
IMG_4660.JPG
IMG_4661.JPG
IMG_4662.JPG
IMG_4663.JPG
IMG_4664.JPG
IMG_4665.JPG

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Yesterday, the weather in NYC has turned sunny and has warmed up a bit. After Tuesday's posting, rather a blowout of all things sartorial, I decided to lower the visual volume a bit today, and also to recycle a shirt I wore Sunday evening for a couple of hours, while out to dinner (lifestyle shots from dinner, and after, included).

Suit - Brooks Brothers
Shirt - Ike Behar
Tie - Ermenegildo Zegna, via Bergdorf Goodman
Cufflinks - Robert Graham, via Saks Off Fifth
Shoes - Crockett & Jones
Hat - Laird, London
Scarf - Paul Stuart

View attachment 50907 View attachment 50908 View attachment 50909 View attachment 50910 View attachment 50911 View attachment 50912 View attachment 50913 View attachment 50914
Is that your mask, held in your right hand? I swear to gawd, at first glance, I thought it was a blue fish! LOL, I think it's time for me to see the eye doctor again. In any event, as always, you are looking rather grand. ;)

upr_crust

Connoisseur
Is that your mask, held in your right hand? I swear to gawd, at first glance, I thought it was a blue fish! LOL, I think it's time for me to see the eye doctor again. In any event, as always, you are looking rather grand. ;)
Worry not, that was my mask, and not a blue fish in my hand. The blue lights illuminating the exterior of the restaurant building colored everything in their path.

upr_crust

Connoisseur
@upr_crust, Your last two outfits have been outstanding and those two blue suits are incredible - color, texture, fit (except top one's pants a touch too long, 2nd suit pants' length is perfect) - I love them.
I agree that the trousers to the Ede & Ravenscroft suit are a bit too long - something that I will have to correct with my alterations tailor, when next I can see him.

Thank you otherwise for the compliments.

Jeff84

I ventured out to Men’s Wearhouse earlier today. So far, some of my trousers and one sport coat are able to be tailored (after weight loss). Today I thought I would rock one of my favorites, the Canadian tuxedo.
Jeans and jacket: Levi’s
Belt and boots: Johnston and Murphy
Shirt: J Crew
Sorry about the bad lighting
E153C3E3-C59E-4C83-8FCA-271BB75B6A67.jpeg

Last edited:

upr_crust

Connoisseur
The weather in NYC is sunny, with near record high temperatures of 25C/77F - a summer's day in mid-November. I have dressed accordingly.

Shirt & tie - Brooks Brothers
Cufflinks - Deakin & Francis, via New & Lingwood
Braces & shoes - Paul Stuart
Pocket square - no name brand

IMG_4676.JPG
IMG_4678.JPG
IMG_4679.JPG
IMG_4680.JPG
IMG_4681.JPG
IMG_4682.JPG

wildcat1976

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
The weather in NYC is sunny, with near record high temperatures of 25C/77F - a summer's day in mid-November. I have dressed accordingly.

Shirt & tie - Brooks Brothers
Cufflinks - Deakin & Francis, via New & Lingwood
Braces & shoes - Paul Stuart
Pocket square - no name brand

View attachment 51043 View attachment 51044 View attachment 51045 View attachment 51046 View attachment 51047 View attachment 51048
This suit fits you like it was bespoke. Outstanding!

upr_crust

Connoisseur
The weather continues to be unnaturally warm and sunny for November in NYC, and I continue to cycle through summer suits for the occasion. Today's tie I've owned for a while, a sale item for which I could never find a use until today, and today's cufflinks are on their maiden voyage.

Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Charvet, via Saks Fifth Avenue
Braces - Paul Stuart
Cufflinks - Saks Off Fifth
Pocket square - Harvie & Hudson
Shoes - Santoni, via Saks

IMG_4685.JPG
IMG_4686.JPG
IMG_4687.JPG
IMG_4688.JPG
IMG_4689.JPG
IMG_4690.JPG

bernoulli

One more respite from my usual robot poses. Today, I was a guest in a live TV show in China. I was asked to pick a solid mid-blue or navy suit, if possible. I obliged. No reason to avoid a 3-piece though. I am glad I wore it, as the show was done on the rooftop of a historic building, and it was very cold.

Why not do it in a studio? The view should help answer that.

IMG_9603.jpg
IMG_0373.jpg
CGTN.JPG

Last edited:

upr_crust

Connoisseur
The weather in NYC has cooled, and the rain, predicted for all day today, has ceased, giving me the opportunity to dress up again, this time in fall/winter weight clothing. Included in today's ensemble are my latest acquisition, citrine cufflinks - a very definite visual statement (i.e. rather bling-y), but I like them - your judgments might vary.

Suit - New & Lingwood
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Charvet
Cufflinks - The Persian Shop, NYC
Braces - Paul Stuart
Shoes - Crockett & Jones, model Weybridge
Hat - Laird, London

IMG_4693.JPG
IMG_4694.JPG
IMG_4695.JPG
IMG_4696.JPG
IMG_4698.JPG
IMG_4699.JPG

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals