upr_crust

Connoisseur
With today being the third day of rain here in NYC, being cooped up indoors has let the tiny gremlins of the mind loose. During the lockdown, I have acquired certain items of attire, which, in my fevered imagination, I envisioned being worn together, assuming that I was the sort of gentleman who would host a fancy, but intimate "at home" formal party. Here below is the result of this rainy-day experiment.

Velvet jacket - Saks Fifth Avenue house brand
Tuxedo trousers - Ede & Ravenscroft
Shirt - Brooks Brothers
Ascot - no name brand, a gift from a good friend who envisioned me wearing one
Cufflinks - The Persian Shop, NYC
Braces - New & Lingwood
Pocket square - Harvie & Hudson, London
Shoes - Paul Stuart house brand

Of course, reality lies just outside one's front door, and as I anticipate the need to leave home this afternoon, and that the rain will stop prior to my departure, I conceived of a more practical ensemble to wear out of doors.

Suit - New & Lingwood
Shirt - Brooks Brothers
Tie & braces - Paul Stuart
Cufflinks - Penhaligon's
Pocket square - Ede & Ravenscroft
Boots - Paul Stuart house brand
Hat - Saks Fifth Avenue house brand
Face mask - New & Lingwood

IMG_4703.JPG
IMG_4705.JPG
IMG_4706.JPG
IMG_4707.JPG
IMG_4708.JPG

IMG_4702.JPG
IMG_4711.JPG
IMG_4712.JPG
IMG_4713.JPG
IMG_4715.JPG

wildcat1976

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
With today being the third day of rain here in NYC, being cooped up indoors has let the tiny gremlins of the mind loose. During the lockdown, I have acquired certain items of attire, which, in my fevered imagination, I envisioned being worn together, assuming that I was the sort of gentleman who would host a fancy, but intimate "at home" formal party. Here below is the result of this rainy-day experiment.

Velvet jacket - Saks Fifth Avenue house brand
Tuxedo trousers - Ede & Ravenscroft
Shirt - Brooks Brothers
Ascot - no name brand, a gift from a good friend who envisioned me wearing one
Cufflinks - The Persian Shop, NYC
Braces - New & Lingwood
Shoes - Paul Stuart house brand

Of course, reality lies just outside one's front door, and as I anticipate the need to leave home this afternoon, and that the rain will stop prior to my departure, I conceived of a more practical ensemble to wear out of doors.

Suit - New & Lingwood
Shirt - Brooks Brothers
Tie & braces - Paul Stuart
Cufflinks - Penhaligon's
Boots - Paul Stuart house brand
Hat - Saks Fifth Avenue house brand

View attachment 51174 View attachment 51175 View attachment 51176 View attachment 51177 View attachment 51178

View attachment 51179 View attachment 51180 View attachment 51181 View attachment 51182 View attachment 51183
Your intimate and fancy " at home" formal party attire is just what the doctor ordered to brighten a dreary rainy day outside Boston! Imagination is what we all need during these challenging times.

bernoulli

Back to robot poses. It was hard to find an ensemble to complement the shirt. Maybe I should have gone with a 9cm or 10cm-wide tie, but I don't have many and do not mind the mismatch between lapel and tie (8cm) widths. Finally, today was a beautiful autumn day, so I chose to go with a multi-colored outfit.
IMG_04422.jpg
IMG_0496.jpg

upr_crust

Connoisseur
It is sunny and cool here in NYC today, and it's been a busy day so far, with another errand to be done as soon as I have made this posting - a run to Cartier for a new watch strap and battery (at oh, such an awful cost, I am sure, Cartier being Cartier).

Not wishing to look like a ragamuffin upon arrival at 52nd and Fifth, I concocted today ensemble, though, in a senior moment, I forgot to photograph the assembled pieces prior to donning them - do forgive.

Today's tie is new - my first shantung tie in several decades, and my first tie from Chipp - a generous present from a dear friend.

Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - Brooks Brothers
Tie - Chipp
Cufflinks - Saks Off Fifth
Braces - New & Lingwood
Shoes - J. Fitzpatrick
Face mask - New & Lingwwod
Overcoat - Brooks Brothers
Scarf - Paul Stuart
Hat - Selentino, via JJ Hat Center, NYC

IMG_4720.JPG
IMG_4721.JPG
IMG_4722.JPG
IMG_4723.JPG
IMG_4724.JPG
IMG_4725.JPG

upr_crust

Connoisseur
The weather is sunny but cold here in NYC, inspiring me to don my heaviest flannel three-piece suit. Photos were a little late today, due to technical difficulties with the home camera (it is getting balky in its old age, I assume - like many of us).

Suit - Brooks Brothers MTM
Shirt & cufflinks - Brooks Brothers
Tie - Thomas Farthing, London
Pocket square - Robert Talbott
Vintage watch chain
Shoes - Magnanni for Bergdorf Goodman
Overcoat - Adolfo
Scarf - Paul Stuart

IMG_4729.JPG
IMG_4730.JPG
IMG_4734.JPG
IMG_4735.JPG
IMG_4737.JPG
IMG_4738.JPG

upr_crust

Connoisseur
The weather continues sunny, and a bit milder here in NYC. I played dry cleaning roulette, digging a suit out of the closet that hasn't been worn in about eight months or so, which, fortunately, still fits.

Shirt & tie - Harvie & Hudson
Cufflinks - Corcione, Napoli
Braces & shoes - Paul Stuart house brand
Topcoat - Tyrwhitt
Scarf & face mask - New & Lingwood
Hat - Lock, London

IMG_4741.JPG
IMG_4742.JPG
IMG_4743.JPG
IMG_4745.JPG
IMG_4747.JPG
IMG_4748.JPG

upr_crust

Connoisseur
The weather, after yesterday's early rain storm, has cleared, and gotten colder here in NYC. I have opted to drag something unworn for a long time out of the archives for today, in my normal capricious way, and have shied away from the usual navy blue or grey suit syndrome. Let us hope that, altogether, it's enough insulation for a chilly afternoon.

If it's Tuesday, and I'm wearing a bow tie, it must be Bow Tie Tuesday.

Suit - New & Lingwood
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Polo Ralph Lauren
Braces - Albert Thurston, via New & Lingwood
Cufflinks - Deakin & Francis, via New & Lingwood
Pocket square - no name brand
Shoes - Carmina
Overcoat - Joseph Abboud
Scarf - Paul Stuart
Hat - Laird, London

IMG_4751.JPG
IMG_4752.JPG
IMG_4753.JPG
IMG_4754.JPG
IMG_4756.JPG
IMG_4757.JPG

Some lifestyle photos from the weekend - the roof deck of the Whitney Museum . . .

PXL_20201121_193733857.jpg
PXL_20201121_193913342.jpg
PXL_20201121_194012483.jpg

upr_crust

Connoisseur
The weather, though warming a bit, is still overcast and a bit breezy, making a three-piece flannel suit, a hat, and a scarf the right amount of insulation. With the formality of today's suit, I opted for my black Homburg, though, to be honest, of the three Homburgs I own, it was the first acquired and is now the least favorite. Live and learn.

Shirt - Brooks Brothers
Tie - Drake's, London
Cufflinks - Deakin & Francis, London
Braces - New & Lingwood, London
Vintage watch chain
Shoes - Bergdorf Goodman house brand
Scarf - Fortnum & Mason, London
Face mask - New & Lingwood, London

IMG_4760.JPG
IMG_4761.JPG
IMG_4762.JPG
IMG_4763.JPG
IMG_4765.JPG
IMG_4766.JPG

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
It’s a nice day with 50° weather, before the snow comes tomorrow.
Shoes and belt: Johnston & Murphy
SS button down: Brooks Brothers
Jeans: Levi’s 501
Socks: Paul Stuart
Jacket: Orvis Weather Breaker View attachment 51633 View attachment 51634 View attachment 51635 View attachment 51636
Love the rig, hate the socks! Might I suggest that you consider what the USAF convinced me of back in the mid 1960's...black nylon socks always work and navy blue ones can be worn in a pinch! LOL. ;)

Jeff84

Love the rig, hate the socks! Might I suggest that you consider what the USAF convinced me of back in the mid 1960's...black nylon socks always work and navy blue ones can be worn in a pinch! LOL. ;)
Thanks. I’ve had these socks since the spring and never wore them until today. Solid colors bore me after a while. I’m sure that this color pattern would be sure to make any 1stSgt lose their mind.

upr_crust

Connoisseur
The weather has cleared and cooled down a bit from yesterday's monsoon in NYC. The temperature this afternoon will be ideal for a three-piece suit, a hat and a scarf - the overcoat can wait until tomorrow.

Today's suit I acquired some 11 years ago, and it's interesting to chart how I and my tastes have changed over the course of the years that I've owned the suit. For my current tastes, the suit is too full and the jacket a bit too long, but there is sometimes comfort in stodginess, and for accessorization today, I've channeled my inner academician.

Suit - Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Chipp
Cufflinks - Brooks Brothers
Vintage watch chain
Shoes - Magnanni for Bergdorf Goodman
Hat - Selentino
Scarf - Fortnum & Mason

IMG_4769.JPG
IMG_4770.JPG
IMG_4771.JPG
IMG_4772.JPG
IMG_4774.JPG
IMG_4775.JPG

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals