upr_crust

Connoisseur
The weather is cold, and the skies overcast today here in NYC, so flannel is definitely in order. Today's suit selection satisfies an itch I have had to wear this suit again, out of strict rotation among the suits hanging in my closets, and I've paired it with one of the two newest pairs of shoes I acquired in the holiday sales (my afternoon stroll will be their first road test).

Suit, scarf & face mask - New & Lingwood
Shirt & pocket square - Harvie & Hudson
Cufflinks - Longmire, London
Tie, braces & shoes - Paul Stuart
Overcoat - Brooks Brothers
Hat - Laird, London

IMG_4905.JPG
IMG_4907.JPG
IMG_4908.JPG
IMG_4909.JPG
IMG_4910.JPG
IMG_4911.JPG
IMG_4912.JPG

upr_crust

Connoisseur
It is the last day of this ferkackte year, and I am sure that we are all looking forward for it to be over and done with. As a prelude to a new (and one hopes) better year, I am decked out today in several of my newest items of attire - looking forward, not backwards. Celebrating at home - a party of three - but dressed festively enough to see 2020 to the door (with a boot up the backside to make sure that it leaves).

Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - Hilditch & Key
Cufflinks - Wedgwood
Pocket square - no name brand
Overcoat - Joseph Abboud
Hat - Laird, London
Scarf & face mask - New & Lingwood

IMG_4915.JPG
IMG_4917.JPG
IMG_4918.JPG
IMG_4919.JPG
IMG_4920.JPG
IMG_4921.JPG
IMG_4922.JPG

wildcat1976

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Well done, as
It is the last day of this ferkackte year, and I am sure that we are all looking forward for it to be over and done with. As a prelude to a new (and one hopes) better year, I am decked out today in several of my newest items of attire - looking forward, not backwards. Celebrating at home - a party of three - but dressed festively enough to see 2020 to the door (with a boot up the backside to make sure that it leaves).

Shirt - Hilditch & Key
Cufflinks - Wedgwood
Overcoat - Joseph Abboud
Hat - Laird, London

View attachment 52855 View attachment 52856 View attachment 52857 View attachment 52858 View attachment 52859 View attachment 52860 View attachment 52861
Well done, as always, Upr Crust. Happy New Year!

maws

Starting Member
Tie –Cashmere knit by Anderson & Sheppard
Shirt –Oxford tab collar w/ French cuffs by Flusser Custom
Trousers –Fox Air by Flusser Custom
Braces – Albert Thurston
Vest – Fox Classic Flannel by Flusser Custom
Cufflinks – silk knots
Flusser vest.jpg

I realize pairing Fox Air trousers with a vest of Fox Flannel is unusual but I think the weight of the trousers and the relatively low color contrast allows them to hold their own visually.

The vest is intended to be worn sans jacket. The fabric on the back is the same as the front and it has a full collar.

I wore this to work from home one day. No one saw me in it. Just put it on for myself.

Last edited:

upr_crust

Connoisseur
The year has not started especially well for me, as I got a slight cold in the wake of New Year's festivities, which I am in the process of getting over. These days, of course, any upper respiratory infection invokes at least a modicum of paranoia, considering what's going around, but all indications are that my viruses are of a mild and familiar variety.

A good friend is commissioning a suit to be made for him in green, which made me think of wearing today's suit, especially as it seemed to go well with one of the last shirts from my shrunken selection of professionally laundered ones. The combo, though a bit light-colored for January, brightens my spirits a bit, if nothing else. Combined with it are today's shoes, which haven't seen action in a while, and a pair of cufflinks that I bought sometime in the mid-80's in London, and which I've not worn in a very long time.

Suit & face mask - New & Lingwood
Shirt & tie - Tyrwhitt
Cufflinks - Liberty, London
Braces - Brooks Brothers
Pocket square - Polo, Ralph Lauren
Shoes - Santoni
Overcoat - Joseph Abboud
Scarf - Hickey Freeman
Hat - Laird, London

IMG_4928.JPG
IMG_4930.JPG
IMG_4931.JPG
IMG_4932.JPG
IMG_4933.JPG
IMG_4934.JPG
IMG_4935.JPG

Cassadine

The year has not started especially well for me, as I got a slight cold in the wake of New Year's festivities, which I am in the process of getting over. These days, of course, any upper respiratory infection invokes at least a modicum of paranoia, considering what's going around, but all indications are that my viruses are of a mild and familiar variety.

A good friend is commissioning a suit to be made for him in green, which made me think of wearing today's suit, especially as it seemed to go well with one of the last shirts from my shrunken selection of professionally laundered ones. The combo, though a bit light-colored for January, brightens my spirits a bit, if nothing else. Combined with it are today's shoes, which haven't seen action in a while, and a pair of cufflinks that I bought sometime in the mid-80's in London, and which I've not worn in a very long time.

Shirt & tie - Tyrwhitt
Braces - Brooks Brothers
Shoes - Santoni
Overcoat - Joseph Abboud
Scarf - Hickey Freeman
Hat - Laird, London

View attachment 53040 View attachment 53041 View attachment 53042 View attachment 53043 View attachment 53044 View attachment 53045 View attachment 53046
Haven't been frequenting AAAC since before the CV-19 crisis came full bore, so it's pleasant to see somethings have not changed in this (choose thine own adjective of choice) world. Your ensemble is perfect--as always. And while it's sad that the face mask must now be included in your posts, I must say that you pull it off with remarkable panache. Question--is that face mask one of their Cotton-Peacock versions?

Jeff84

Shirt & tie - Tyrwhitt
Braces - Brooks Brothers
Shoes - Santoni
Overcoat - Joseph Abboud
Scarf - Hickey Freeman
Hat - Laird, London

View attachment 53040 View attachment 53041 View attachment 53042 View attachment 53043 View attachment 53044 View attachment 53045 View attachment 53046
I have the same braces!

upr_crust

Connoisseur
Haven't been frequenting AAAC since before the CV-19 crisis came full bore, so it's pleasant to see somethings have not changed in this (choose thine own adjective of choice) world. Your ensemble is perfect--as always. And while it's sad that the face mask must now be included in your posts, I must say that you pull it off with remarkable panache. Question--is that face mask one of their Cotton-Peacock versions?
Thank you for the kind compliments, and yes, I post with the same regularity, pretty much, as I did pre-COVID, though my life has changed a good deal.

As for your question, yes, the face mask is New & Lingwood's cotton Peacock pattern - I have it in all three color variations - navy, scarlet, and fuchsia backgrounds.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator

Shirt & tie - Tyrwhitt
Braces - Brooks Brothers
Shoes - Santoni
Overcoat - Joseph Abboud
Scarf - Hickey Freeman
Hat - Laird, London

Looking great. Take care of yourself and drive that cold /virus out of you. Here's hoping for a complete and speedy recovery! ;)

upr_crust

Connoisseur
The sun has returned to NYC, albeit coldly, and my cold seems to be abating, allowing me the indulgence of dressing up for the day.

A long time ago, I bought a pair of "enamel" cufflinks at Brooks Brothers, a deep crimson edged in navy blue, which I found very useful over the years. After the last time I wore them, I noticed that the "enamel" (most likely some plastic resin) had dropped off of one of the links - an annoyance, less for the loss of the links themselves (they were cheap when purchased), but for the loss of that specific color. In looking to replace the links with enamel cufflinks (of better manufacture), I couldn't find any in the right shade of red, but I did find the ones I'm wearing today - sub-gem grade red corundum (a.k.a. ruby). The stones are worthless for use as a faceted stone, but are the right color, and are interesting in their imperfection. A picture of old and new are included below.

That being said, today's attire was built around today's cufflinks.

Shirt - Brooks Brothers
Tie - Charvet
Braces - Paul Stuart
Cufflinks - Deakin & Francis, via Scully & Scully, NYC
Pocket square - Harvie & Hudson, London
Shoes - J. Fitzpatrick
Overcoat - Adolfo
Hat - Selentino, via JJ Hat Center, NYC

IMG_4926.JPG
IMG_4938.JPG
IMG_4939.JPG
IMG_4940.JPG
IMG_4941.JPG
IMG_4942.JPG
IMG_4943.JPG
IMG_4944.JPG

upr_crust

Connoisseur
It's a bright, sunny, cold winter's day here in NYC, and, due to the suit rotation, I am again channeling my inner fuddy-duddy with one of my older suits from Brooks. Due to variations in weight, it actually fits more comfortably now than it did when I bought it some eleven years ago.

Suit - Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece
Shirt - Brooks Brothers MTM
Tie - Brooks Brothers
Cufflinks - The British Museum
Vintage watch chain
Shoes - Crockett & Jones, model name Edgware
Scarf - Thomas Farthing, London
Hat - Laird, London

IMG_4947.JPG
IMG_4948.JPG
IMG_4949.JPG
IMG_4950.JPG
IMG_4951.JPG
IMG_4952.JPG
IMG_4953.JPG

upr_crust

Connoisseur
The weather continues seasonably cold and dry here in NYC. It's been quite a week, overall, and a relaxation of the dress code, a bit, was in order, to mark the end of the work week (even for those of us not working).

Today is the maiden voyage of today's sports jacket, after its visit to the alterations tailor, and only the second time that I've attempted to match a tie to it - a trickier proposition than one might at first imagine, particularly with a white shirt.

Sports jacket - Gieves & Hawkes
Shirt & trousers - Brooks Brothers
Tie - Andrew's Ties
Pocket square - Vintage and unlabeled
Shoes - Alden, via Brooks Brothers
Scarf - Barney's
Cap - Paul Stuart
Face mask - New & Lingwood

IMG_4956.JPG
IMG_4957.JPG
IMG_4958.JPG
IMG_4959.JPG
IMG_4960.JPG
IMG_4961.JPG
IMG_4962.JPG

wildcat1976

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
The weather continues seasonably cold and dry here in NYC. It's been quite a week, overall, and a relaxation of the dress code, a bit, was in order, to mark the end of the work week (even for those of us not working).

Today is the maiden voyage of today's sports jacket, after its visit to the alterations tailor, and only the second time that I've attempted to match a tie to it - a trickier proposition than one might at first imagine, particularly with a white shirt.

Tie - Andrew's Ties
Scarf - Barney's
Cap - Paul Stuart

View attachment 53171 View attachment 53172 View attachment 53173 View attachment 53174 View attachment 53175 View attachment 53176 View attachment 53177
Very nicely done!

never behind

Tie - Andrew's Ties
Scarf - Barney's
Cap - Paul Stuart

View attachment 53171 View attachment 53172 View attachment 53173 View attachment 53174 View attachment 53175 View attachment 53176 View attachment 53177
I like that jacket! The overcoat as well. Very nice.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange