wildcat1976

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Another bright, sunny winter's day, with temperatures about 46F/8C. I chose today's suit as a background for today's shirt, which is the brightest and most eye-catching item of the ensemble, and which needs a dark background against which to be seen. For the rest of the assembled items, I merely channeled my inner 1980's - red braces and tie.

Suit & face mask - New & Lingwood
Shirt - Brooks Brothers MTM
Tie & braces - Brooks Brothers
Cufflinks - Benson & Clegg, London
Pocket square - vintage and no brand name
Shoes - Paul Stuart house brand
Overcoat - Turnbull & Asser
Scarf - Harvie & Hudson, London
Hat - Laird, London

View attachment 54930 View attachment 54931 View attachment 54932 View attachment 54933 View attachment 54934 View attachment 54935 View attachment 54936
The shirt and tie combination make this outfit really pop!

Jeff84

It's Friday, and the weather remains sunny and seasonably cold, a perfect day for a double dose of tweed - sports jacket and outerwear.

Sports jacket, scarf, & face mask - New & Lingwood
Shirt, trousers, pocket square, shoes, & overcoat - Brooks Brothers
Tie - Chipp
Hat - Laird, London

View attachment 54959 View attachment 54960 View attachment 54961 View attachment 54962 View attachment 54963 View attachment 54964 View attachment 54965
Nice retro sports coat.

upr_crust

Connoisseur
Today's attire is driven by the mixed bag of errands I have to perform this afternoon - first, an appointment at Cartier to find out what has happened to my vintage Le Must de Cartier tank watch, which has been languishing in repair since mid-November, then an appointment at Walgreen's to get my first COVID vaccine. Walgreen's requires a short-sleeved shirt; Cartier requires attire giving me enough street cred that I can put up a fuss if I don't like what they have to say to me, and not come off like an oaf. As I said, a mixed bag . . .

Sports jacket - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole (made of a cotton jersey with Elastane - essentially, a high-grade sweat shirt)
Shirt - Brooks Brothers
Pocket square - Robert Talbott
Levi's
Boots - Paul Stuart
Overcoat - Joseph Abboud
Scarf - Paul Stuart
Cap - Paul Stuart
Face mask - New & Lingwood

IMG_5205.JPG
IMG_5206.JPG
IMG_5207.JPG
IMG_5208.JPG
IMG_5209.JPG
IMG_5210.JPG

wildcat1976

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Today's attire is driven by the mixed bag of errands I have to perform this afternoon - first, an appointment at Cartier to find out what has happened to my vintage Le Must de Cartier tank watch, which has been languishing in repair since mid-November, then an appointment at Walgreen's to get my first COVID vaccine. Walgreen's requires a short-sleeved shirt; Cartier requires attire giving me enough street cred that I can put up a fuss if I don't like what they have to say to me, and not come off like an oaf. As I said, a mixed bag . . .

Sports jacket - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole (made of a cotton jersey with Elastane - essentially, a high-grade sweat shirt)
Shirt - Brooks Brothers
Levi's
Boots - Paul Stuart
Overcoat - Joseph Abboud
Scarf - Paul Stuart
Cap - Paul Stuart

View attachment 55125 View attachment 55126 View attachment 55127 View attachment 55128 View attachment 55129 View attachment 55130
This outfit threads the needle of interacting with 2 very different audiences.
Excellent choices!

upr_crust

Connoisseur
The weather is sunny, but quite cold today - I have yet to venture outside, but reports are such that it's freezing out. Day 2 of Shot #1 of the Moderna vaccine is about as expected - sore at the point of injection, and otherwise feeling just slightly off, an effect that I foresee dissipating by tomorrow. As in all things, we shall see . . .

Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - vintage Paul Stuart
Cufflinks - The London Badge & Button Co.
Braces - Albert Thurston, via New & Lingwood
Pocket square - no name brand
Shoes - Crockett & Jones, Gower 2 model
Overcoat - Brooks Brothers
Scarf - Johnstons of Elgin
Cap - Paul Stuart

IMG_5213.JPG
IMG_5214.JPG
IMG_5215.JPG
IMG_5216.JPG
IMG_5217.JPG
IMG_5218.JPG
IMG_5219.JPG

upr_crust

Connoisseur
The sun continues to shine here in NYC, and temperatures have moderated themselves to a more seasonable degree. I recently purchased a pair of trousers, the color of which was a suggestion from the store manager at New & Lingwood, whence I bought my newest sports jacket, worn last Friday, but as I did not wish to wear the same jacket again so soon, I've substituted a jacket which I purchased a year ago last January at Gieves & Hawkes. I've photographed both for comparison.

Apparently, from what I've read online today, flat caps have made a comeback - with me, they never left.

Sports jacket #1 (navy) - Gieves & Hawkes
Sports jacket #2 (green plaid) - New & Lingwood
Shirt & tie - Brooks Brothers
Trousers - Paul Stuart
Boots - Cheaney
Overcoat - Adolfo
Scarf - Burberry
Cap - Paul Stuart

IMG_5223.JPG
IMG_5224.JPG
IMG_5225.JPG
IMG_5226.JPG
IMG_5227.JPG
IMG_5230.JPG
IMG_5231.JPG
IMG_5232.JPG

upr_crust

Connoisseur
The weather remains clear, if not persistently sunny, and seasonably cold. The highlight of my day will be a dental cleaning, for which today's attire is more than sufficient to the task at hand.

Shirt - Brooks Brothers
Tie - Paul Stuart
Cufflinks - Turnbull & Asser
Braces - Lewin
Boots - Cheaney
Overcoat - Brooks Brothers
Scarf - New & Lingwood
Hat - Selentino, via JJ Hat Center, NYC

IMG_5235.JPG
IMG_5236.JPG
IMG_5237.JPG
IMG_5238.JPG
IMG_5239.JPG
IMG_5240.JPG
IMG_5241.JPG

upr_crust

Connoisseur
The weather in NYC today is bright and sunny, but frigidly breezy, and expected to stay that way all afternoon. I am off soon to a members' preview of the Frick Museum in its temporary home at the old Whitney Museum, now dubbed "Frick Madison". As I am visiting the art of a plutocrat, I thought that I might as well dress like one (and the layers of flannel will come in handy while outside).

Suit & overcoat - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Charvet
Cufflinks - Deakin & Francis, via Scully & Scully, NYC
Vintage watch chain
Braces - Albert Thurston via Paul Stuart
Pocket square - Harvie & Hudson
Shoes - Harris, via Barney's NYC
Hat - Selentino, via JJ Hat Center
Scarf - Fortnum & Mason

IMG_5244.JPG
IMG_5245.JPG
IMG_5246.JPG
IMG_5247.JPG
IMG_5248.JPG
IMG_5249.JPG
IMG_5250.JPG

Jeff84

Shirt - Brooks Brothers
Levi's
Boots - Paul Stuart
Overcoat - Joseph Abboud
Scarf - Paul Stuart
Cap - Paul Stuart

View attachment 55125 View attachment 55126 View attachment 55127 View attachment 55128 View attachment 55129 View attachment 55130
I have the same polo shirt. Polo and sports coat is a combo I want to try out.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange