Men's Clothing Forums banner

What Are You Wearing Today 2.0?

851K views 4K replies 198 participants last post by  upr_crust 
#1 ·
#2,843 ·
For reference, I had three things done to the suit for alterations - the sleeves were taken up about half an inch, the hem of the jacket was taken up an inch, and the trousers were cuffed. That was it. I am a lucky man, and thank you - when it gets cool enough to play with the new toys outside, they will definitely get an airing.

#2,846 ·
The weather is mild, albeit overcast here in NYC, reminding one that autumn is coming, though, I am sure, not without some surprise bouts of summer heat in the interim. As the season for today's jacket and trousers is winding down, I thought that I might get at least one more wearing out of both before they're retired for the season.

An amusing side note - the museums in NYC are starting to re-open, the Metropolitan re-opening for members last Thursday and Friday. I visited the Met last Friday afternoon, attired, as was shown in this thread, in a deep lavender sports jacket, white shirt, navy linen trousers, and purple bow tie - not exactly anyone's idea of a uniform. However, with the scarcity of neck ties of any sort these days, I was approached three times during my visit by other visitors, thinking that I was working for the museum, asking me directions and such - odd, as there was no lack of security staff around, all uniformed. I must have a proprietary air about me, wherever I go.

Sports jacket - Saks Fifth Avenue house brand
Shirt & trousers - Brooks Brothers
Tie - Paul Stuart
Pocket square - Ede & Ravenscroft, London
Shoes - Carmina
Face mask - New & Lingwood

Outerwear Tartan Textile Sleeve Purple
Footwear Jeans Trousers Shoe Leg
Glasses Smile Chin Photograph Dress shirt
Suit trousers Smile Dress shirt Sleeve Standing
Glasses Suit trousers Vision care Dress shirt Beard
Suit trousers Dress shirt Sleeve Collar Hat

#2,847 ·
The weather is mild, albeit overcast here in NYC, reminding one that autumn is coming, though, I am sure, not without some surprise bouts of summer heat in the interim. As the season for today's jacket and trousers is winding down, I thought that I might get at least one more wearing out of both before they're retired for the season.

An amusing side note - the museums in NYC are starting to re-open, the Metropolitan re-opening for members last Thursday and Friday. I visited the Met last Friday afternoon, attired, as was shown in this thread, in a deep lavender sports jacket, white shirt, navy linen trousers, and purple bow tie - not exactly anyone's idea of a uniform. However, with the scarcity of neck ties of any sort these days, I was approached three times during my visit by other visitors, thinking that I was working for the museum, asking me directions and such - odd, as there was no lack of security staff around, all uniformed. I must have a proprietary air about me, wherever I go.

Sports jacket - Saks Fifth Avenue house brand
Tie - Paul Stuart
Shoes - Carmina

View attachment 48852 View attachment 48853 View attachment 48854 View attachment 48855 View attachment 48856 View attachment 48857
Only upr_crust could make a face mask a fashionable accessory, but my friend, you wear it extremely well. Well done, Sir! ;)

#2,849 ·
The day is sunny, warm, and a bit humid here in NYC, and I was not expecting to be dressing up today, but, this afternoon, I am contemplating the purchase of a unicorn - not an actual unicorn, but an article of clothing both exotic and rare - unusual in its configuration, and for which I most probably have little use, except that it did capture my imagination when last I laid eyes on it. Now, with the advantage of second exposure, I will see if this item was a momentary lapse in my sartorial judgment, or whether it is something that I cannot live without - or both ;) .

To that end, I dressed up a bit, for better context in trying this unicorn on for size.

Sports jacket - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Drake's, via the Armoury, NYC
Trousers - Brooks Brothers
Cufflinks - DVVS, NYC (now defunct)
Pocket square - Roda
Shoes - Carmina, via the Armoury, NYC

Outerwear White Tie Dress shirt Neck
Purple Flooring Electric blue Synthetic rubber Pattern
Photograph Smile Dress shirt Picture frame Bow tie
Suit trousers Head Dress shirt Smile Fashion
Vision care Beard Dress shirt Purple Fashion
Suit trousers Outerwear Hairstyle Hat Dress shirt

#2,853 ·
The first after a long weekend, and it's sunny and warm in NYC. Today's sports jacket has been hanging, unworn in my closet for too long, so it's getting its airing today.

I also received word that my "unicorn" is ready for pickup (see my posting here of last Friday) - photos of it in its proper context (assuming that it has one) will be forthcoming soon.

Tie - Paul Stuart
Pocket square - Robert Talbott
Shoes - J. Fitzpatrick

Outerwear Product Dress shirt Textile Orange
Shoe Purple Grey Basic pump Denim
Hair Glasses Chin Smile Photograph
Dress shirt Bow tie Sleeve Vision care Smile
Vision care Dress shirt Beard Fashion Neck
Suit trousers Leg Dress shirt Shelf Sleeve

#2,854 ·
I quote from my posting of last Friday:

"I am contemplating the purchase of a unicorn - not an actual unicorn, but an article of clothing both exotic and rare - unusual in its configuration, and for which I most probably have little use, except that it did capture my imagination when last I laid eyes on it. Now, with the advantage of second exposure, I will see if this item was a momentary lapse in my sartorial judgment, or whether it is something that I cannot live without - or both."

The "unicorn" was purchased, and I picked it up from its purveyor this afternoon. Below are some sample photos indicating how I conceive of wearing said mythical beast, should large gatherings of a formal and festive nature ever return to the social calendar here in NYC.

Dinner jacket, and braces - New & Lingwood
Shirt - Brooks Brothers
Tuxedo trousers - Ede & Ravenscroft, London
Tie - vintage J Press
Cummerbund - vintage, no name brand
Cufflinks & studs - Deakin & Francis, London
Shoes - Paul Stuart house brand

Outerwear Product Purple Dress shirt Neck
Shoe Grey Tints and shades Electric blue Synthetic rubber
Glasses Smile Photograph Picture frame White
Smile Sleeve Tartan Blazer Event
Clothing Glasses Outerwear Leg Smile

#2,855 ·
I quote from my posting of last Friday:

"I am contemplating the purchase of a unicorn - not an actual unicorn, but an article of clothing both exotic and rare - unusual in its configuration, and for which I most probably have little use, except that it did capture my imagination when last I laid eyes on it. Now, with the advantage of second exposure, I will see if this item was a momentary lapse in my sartorial judgment, or whether it is something that I cannot live without - or both."

The "unicorn" was purchased, and I picked it up from its purveyor this afternoon. Below are some sample photos indicating how I conceive of wearing said mythical beast, should large gatherings of a formal and festive nature ever return to the social calendar here in NYC.

Dinner jacket, and braces - New & Lingwood
Shirt - Brooks Brothers
Tuxedo trousers - Ede & Ravenscroft, London
Tie - vintage J Press
Cummerbund - vintage, no name brand
Cufflinks & studs - Deakin & Francis, London

View attachment 49074 View attachment 49075 View attachment 49076 View attachment 49077 View attachment 49078
While the jacket may indeed be a unicorn, based on it's being exotic and rare, the birds on the garment appear to be Peacocks. The jacket is certainly memorable and as you always do, you wear it so well! However, I must tell you, your sartorial courage is far greater than my own and that I wish I had your incredible sense of style and your courage to sport that style! ;)

#2,858 ·
It's Friday, and pleasantly warm (if only intermittently sunny) here in NYC, and the most strenuous thing I must do this afternoon is to pick up a sport jacket from my alterations tailor, hence today's attire.

Shirt, trousers and bow tie - Brooks Brothers
Pocket square - Kent Wang
Face mask - Metropolitan Museum of Art

Outerwear Textile Sleeve Baby & toddler clothing Grey
Footwear Brown Jeans Trousers Shoe
Glasses Smile Photograph White Organ
Suit trousers Dress shirt Sleeve Collar Suit
Suit trousers Dress shirt Fashion Sleeve Beard
Suit trousers Arm Dress shirt Human Sleeve

#2,859 ·
The weather in NYC today is nigh about perfect for suit-wearing (and most other activities).

Suit - Brooks Brothers (Regent model)
Shirt - Dunhill
Tie - Paul Stuart
Cufflinks - Liberty of London
Shoes - Santoni, via Nordstrom's

Outerwear Dress shirt Sleeve Tartan Grey
Footwear Shoe Oxford shoe Jeans Leg
Glasses Chin Smile Photograph Human
Suit trousers Dress shirt Sleeve Smile Collar
Suit trousers Dress shirt Black Vision care Fashion
Suit trousers Trousers Leg Smile Dress shirt

#2,860 ·
The weather in NYC today is nigh about perfect for suit-wearing (and most other activities).

Suit - Brooks Brothers (Regent model)
Shirt - Dunhill
Tie - Paul Stuart
Cufflinks - Liberty of London
Shoes - Santoni, via Nordstrom's

View attachment 49273 View attachment 49274 View attachment 49275 View attachment 49276 View attachment 49277 View attachment 49278
Sir Crust: I have not even LOOKED at this web site since March 15! (that's page 129 here at AAAC.) There was no need, however, since sweat pants and slippers were the standard dress code elements, and don't usually get featured! I hate getting dressed again, since the dry cleaner "shrank" all my clothes. You still have all the expected awesomeness in your daily attire. I especially like today's tie. Is the dark background brown, perchance, to blend with the suit?
PS: Have you been experimenting with your neck tie knots? I like that also.

#2,865 ·
The weather has remained dry and relatively cool here in NYC. Today's ensemble was concocted with my two usual elements - whim and caprice. Today's shirt has been sitting in my shirt closet, unworn, for a very long time, and today's suit was next in rotation. I opted for a very monochromatic look for today, thinking that the rather vivid striping of today's shirt would be the statement maker for today's look, as much as I generally find little favor with monochrome outfits in general - the exception proves the rule.

Suit - Ede & Ravenscroft, London
Shirt - Polo Ralph Lauren
Tie - Brooks Brothers
Cufflinks - Benson & Clegg, London
Braces - Lewin
Pocket square - vintage no name brand

Outerwear Dress shirt Product Tie Rectangle
Footwear Jeans Oxford shoe Dress shoe Human body
Glasses Smile Picture frame Dress shirt Collar
Suit trousers Glasses Smile Trousers Dress shirt
Suit trousers Shoulder Dress shirt Vision care Human
Suit trousers Shoe Dress shirt Smile Window

#2,867 ·
The weather has remained dry and relatively cool here in NYC. Today's ensemble was concocted with my two usual elements - whim and caprice. Today's shirt has been sitting in my shirt closet, unworn, for a very long time, and today's suit was next in rotation. I opted for a very monochromatic look for today, thinking that the rather vivid striping of today's shirt would be the statement maker for today's look, as much as I generally find little favor with monochrome outfits in general - the exception proves the rule.

Suit - Ede & Ravenscroft, London
Shirt - Polo Ralph Lauren
Tie - Brooks Brothers
Braces - Lewin

View attachment 49326 View attachment 49327 View attachment 49328 View attachment 49329 View attachment 49330 View attachment 49331
You can see and "feel" the quality of that suit. And, yes, I agree, the shirt adds the right pop.

#2,868 ·
Today has been a casual day for me, doing chores around the house, one of which was a review of my suit collection, and my tie collection, with an eye for "de-accessioning" items which no longer fit the bill, as storage space in a Manhattan apartment is always at a premium. So, soon to be available for sale at a charity shop near you (assuming that you live in the metro NYC area), here's what I will no longer be wearing today, or any other day.

The blue suit is a JAB Signature Platinum suit, bought as a "crime of opportunity" (marked down by about 90% of its original retail price). It took some tailoring, both by JAB and my own alterations tailor to make it work, but somehow, I never really warmed to the suit thereafter, which is something of a shame, as the fabric is actually quite nice.

The black stripe suit is a Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece Regent model suit, which I found at deep discount at the Brooks branch in Boston, when I was there on vacation some 12-15 years ago. It was Italian-made, and when I was heftier, it fit better, but after attempts to have it altered to fit the somewhat smaller me, it never really worked. I last wore it to a wedding last summer, and had not reached for it since.

The greyish-brown (brownish-grey?) suit is a Brooks Brothers Fitzgerald model, purchased some 11 years ago, in a maelstrom of retail therapy immediately following the death of my first husband - one of three suits purchased from Brooks Brothers within a week (I still have the other two, which fit better than this one).

The ties are, from left to right, Damiano Presta; Salvatore Ferragamo; Hermes; Paul Stuart; Burberry; Brooks Brothers 346; Brooks Brothers; De l'sle; Daniel de Fasson; Chinese-made "Hermes"; and Tucci. Some were purchases, others presents - and my apologies to any donors of these ties to me, in advance. Neckties are a very tricky thing to purchase for someone else.

We here define ourselves by what we wear. This afternoon, I am defining myself by what I no longer wish to wear.

Shirt Dress shirt Purple Sleeve Collar
Outerwear Dress shirt Textile Sleeve Grey
Brown Outerwear Dress shirt Sleeve Suit
Purple Textile Rectangle Creative arts Pink

G
#2,869 ·
Today has been a casual day for me, doing chores around the house, one of which was a review of my suit collection, and my tie collection, with an eye for "de-accessioning" items which no longer fit the bill, as storage space in a Manhattan apartment is always at a premium. So, soon to be available for sale at a charity shop near you (assuming that you live in the metro NYC area), here's what I will no longer be wearing today, or any other day.

The blue suit is a JAB Signature Platinum suit, bought as a "crime of opportunity" (marked down by about 90% of its original retail price). It took some tailoring, both by JAB and my own alterations tailor to make it work, but somehow, I never really warmed to the suit thereafter, which is something of a shame, as the fabric is actually quite nice.

The black stripe suit is a Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece Regent model suit, which I found at deep discount at the Brooks branch in Boston, when I was there on vacation some 12-15 years ago. It was Italian-made, and when I was heftier, it fit better, but after attempts to have it altered to fit the somewhat smaller me, it never really worked. I last wore it to a wedding last summer, and had not reached for it since.

The greyish-brown (brownish-grey?) suit is a Brooks Brothers Fitzgerald model, purchased some 11 years ago, in a maelstrom of retail therapy immediately following the death of my first husband - one of three suits purchased from Brooks Brothers within a week (I still have the other two, which fit better than this one).

The ties are, from left to right, Damiano Presta; Salvatore Ferragamo; Hermes; Paul Stuart; Burberry; Brooks Brothers 346; Brooks Brothers; De l'sle; Daniel de Fasson; Chinese-made "Hermes"; and Tucci. Some were purchases, others presents - and my apologies to any donors of these ties to me, in advance. Neckties are a very tricky thing to purchase for someone else.

We here define ourselves by what we wear. This afternoon, I am defining myself by what I no longer wish to wear.

View attachment 49370 View attachment 49371 View attachment 49372 View attachment 49373
All 3 suits are wonderful, especially the blue one. You must keep a spread sheet of sorts to date your clothes. I put the purchase date on my shoe boxes, and accidentally mentioned that fact at a party once. I am still reminded of my peculiar habit occasionally.

#2,871 ·
The weather in NYC has cooled off a bit, allowing one to indulge in fabrics heavier than linen and tropical weight wool. This has given me the chance to give my newest suit a proper maiden voyage. As the suit is from New & Lingwood, and because I can, I have tried to put together as many items from N & L in this outfit as I could - just to see if it could be done.

My husband and I are also celebrating our fifth wedding anniversary today, with dinner out this evening, and when one dines out in NYC these days, one is literally "out" - today's flannel might come in handy with the temperature drop at sunset.

Suit, tie, braces and face mask - New & Lingwood
Shirt - Chester Barrie via Austin Reed (both entities now defunct, alas)
Cufflinks - custom made - British Columbian jade on 14k gold
Pocket square - Brooks Brothers
Shoes - Florsheim Royal Imperial (Magnanni manufacture)

Outerwear Dress shirt Tie Fashion Purple
Footwear Shoe Leg Dress Purple
Glasses Photograph Smile Vision care Dress shirt
Suit trousers Smile Dress shirt Sleeve Collar
Clothing Suit trousers Face Trousers Vision care
Suit trousers Dress shirt Smile Hat Sleeve

#2,872 ·
The weather in NYC has cooled off a bit, allowing one to indulge in fabrics heavier than linen and tropical weight wool. This has given me the chance to give my newest suit a proper maiden voyage. As the suit is from New & Lingwood, and because I can, I have tried to put together as many items from N & L in this outfit as I could - just to see if it could be done.

My husband and I are also celebrating our fifth wedding anniversary today, with dinner out this evening, and when one dines out in NYC these days, one is literally "out" - today's flannel might come in handy with the temperature drop at sunset.

Suit, tie, braces and face mask - New & Lingwood
Shirt - Chester Barrie via Austin Reed (both entities now defunct, alas)
Cufflinks - custom made - British Columbian jade on 14k gold
Pocket square - Brooks Brothers
Shoes - Florsheim Royal Imperial (Magnanni manufacture)

View attachment 49393 View attachment 49394 View attachment 49395 View attachment 49396 View attachment 49397 View attachment 49398
Happy Anniversary, my friend. You are dressed to the nines, as usual...May you and your husband's night out be an enjoyable one! ;)

#2,876 ·
The weather continues sunny and comfortable here in NYC. After a day of multiple errands yesterday (including a fitting with my alterations tailor, who is putting back the shape into a couple of my BB MTM suits I had let out a year ago, during a period of relative fatness - I should have them back later this week), I am back to suits.

Someone asked me recently about a source for collar bars, which put the idea into my head to actually wear one today - I am easily suggestible.

Suit, tie, shoes and braces - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - Brooks Brothers
Cufflinks - Deakin & Francis, London

Outerwear Dress shirt Product Textile Sleeve
Shoe Purple Grey Comfort Street fashion
Glasses Smile Picture frame Dress shirt Vision care
Suit trousers Joint Glasses Smile Photograph
Suit trousers Photograph Vision care Dress shirt Blue
Suit trousers Glasses Shoe Leg Dress shirt

#2,879 ·
The weather continues sunny and comfortable here in NYC. After a day of multiple errands yesterday (including a fitting with my alterations tailor, who is putting back the shape into a couple of my BB MTM suits I had let out a year ago, during a period of relative fatness - I should have them back later this week), I am back to suits.

Someone asked me recently about a source for collar bars, which put the idea into my head to actually wear one today - I am easily suggestible.

Shirt - Brooks Brothers

View attachment 49537 View attachment 49538 View attachment 49539 View attachment 49540 View attachment 49541 View attachment 49542
X all your suits fit well this one is exceptional bravo

Shirt - Brooks Brothers

View attachment 49537 View attachment 49538 View attachment 49539 View attachment 49540 View attachment 49541 View attachment 49542
All your suits fit well this one is exceptional bravo

#2,877 ·
⇧ I love that suit. The material, cut, color, fit - just love it.

After years of trying and never making it through a single day without my collar bar popping off of one side or the other, I gave up on them completely and moved on to tab or pin collars. Kudos to you, as I could never get the bar to stay in place for an entire day.

#2,880 ·
The weather in NYC continues to be sunny and seasonal, with low humidity, making suit-wearing a plausible activity, The weather is getting warmer, though, so I have taken the opportunity to wear something summery, in a color combo that makes me happy (or makes me a patriot in Sweden - whichever . . .)

Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - Trywhitt
Tie - Charvet
Cufflinks - Budd, London
Braces - Fine & Dandy, NYC
Pocket square - allegedly Daniel Cremieux - obtained via Taobao, China.
Shoes - Crockett & Jones Maltons

Outerwear Coat Tie White Jersey
Footwear Brown Shoe Blue Leg
Glasses Picture frame Smile Dress shirt Tie
Suit trousers Trousers Smile Dress shirt Human
Suit trousers Photograph Vision care Dress shirt Human
Clothing Suit trousers Hair Leg Dress shirt

#2,881 ·
The weather continues to be dry, if not sunny today, and pleasantly warm. To that end, I've donned a tropical-weight suit, with which I am wearing loafers (gasp!), for two very fine reasons. First, they are Alden shell cordovans, and I've not worn them in a long time, and second, I am seeing my alterations tailor later on today, and will be trying on the two suits I left with him to alter, thus needing footwear that was easy-on, easy-off.

Note also, for those debating four-in-hand vs. half-Windsor tie knots, that today's tie is tied in a double FIH, as opposed to yesterday's half Windsor - both ties being Charvets.

Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt and braces - Brooks Brothers
Shoes - Brooks Brothers/Alden shell cordovan

Outerwear Dress shirt Product Neck Textile
Footwear Jeans Shoe Purple Dress
Glasses Mirror Tie Dress shirt Picture frame
Suit trousers Photograph Dress shirt Sleeve Textile
Suit trousers Photograph Dress shirt Fashion Sleeve
Suit trousers Glasses Dress shirt Sleeve Collar

#2,882 ·
I had occasion yesterday afternoon to pick up two suits that I had taken to my alterations tailor. The suits, both Brooks Brothers MTM suits, made by Martin Greenfield eight and ten years ago, respectively, were made to the traditional Golden Fleece model, which, after several years of Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole, was a bit too full-cut for my tastes. I had last had the suits altered during a period of weight gain, about a year ago, and my tailor had let out the sides a bit for me. This time, he took the suit jackets in from the back center seam, and tapered the trousers a bit, going from a 9" diameter opening at the cuff to an 8" opening. The effect is not as dramatic as I expected, but seeing the photos, side by side, the suits look thinner, if perhaps with little change in waist suppression.

I found photos from last year of me wearing the suits, and have posted the "befores" and "afters" below.

Having these alterations done also made me realize that I own no less than four blue double-breasted suits, the two shown below, a solid navy suit from Paul Stuart, and my newest suit, the navy with blue stripes, from New & Lingwood. I obviously have something of a one-track mind.

For today's attire, since, after the start of calendrical autumn here in NYC, we have to have a spate of summer weather. I've opted for linen and linen blends, and something more casual than a suit.

Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Polo Ralph Lauren
Cufflinks - Turnbull & Asser
Pocket square - no name brand
Shoes - New & Lingwood

Suits - Before and After:

IMG_0378.JPG

IMG_4487.JPG

IMG_4486.JPG

IMG_0454.JPG

IMG_4485.JPG

IMG_4484.JPG
White Dress shirt Textile Sleeve Grey
Textile Synthetic rubber Knee Grey Comfort
Clothing Hair Glasses Chin Mirror
Suit trousers Dress shirt Fashion Sleeve Collar

#2,883 ·
I had occasion yesterday afternoon to pick up two suits that I had taken to my alterations tailor. The suits, both Brooks Brothers MTM suits, made by Martin Greenfield eight and ten years ago, respectively, were made to the traditional Golden Fleece model, which, after several years of Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole, was a bit too full-cut for my tastes. I had last had the suits altered during a period of weight gain, about a year ago, and my tailor had let out the sides a bit for me. This time, he took the suit jackets in from the back center seam, and tapered the trousers a bit, going from a 9" diameter opening at the cuff to an 8" opening. The effect is not as dramatic as I expected, but seeing the photos, side by side, the suits look thinner, if perhaps with little change in waist suppression.

I found photos from last year of me wearing the suits, and have posted the "befores" and "afters" below.

Having these alterations done also made me realize that I own no less than four blue double-breasted suits, the two shown below, a solid navy suit from Paul Stuart, and my newest suit, the navy with blue stripes, from New & Lingwood. I obviously have something of a one-track mind.

For today's attire, since, after the start of calendrical autumn here in NYC, we have to have a spate of summer weather. I've opted for linen and linen blends, and something more casual than a suit.

Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Polo Ralph Lauren
Cufflinks - Turnbull & Asser
Shoes - New & Lingwood

Suits - Before and After:

View attachment 49634

View attachment 49635

View attachment 49636

View attachment 49637

View attachment 49638

View attachment 49639 View attachment 49640 View attachment 49641 View attachment 49642 View attachment 49643
Double-breasted suits look very becoming on you, bestowing a sophisticated and commanding presence. Not many people can pull off this look wearing DB's.

#2,888 ·
I accept the challenge, yet feel that defeat might be staring me in the face with big sad puppy-dog eyes . . .

The weather in NYC, after a few days of overcast or rainy weather, has reverted to sunny and pleasant - a perfect day to get suited up and face the world. Today's suit is one of my first suits, in my current size, from Paul Stuart, acquired some ten years ago. I think that I might take it to my alterations tailor and see if there is anything he might suggest to do to it - for myself, the shoulders seem a little too extended, and the trousers could be tapered and shortened a bit. A project in the works, perhaps.

Suit - Paul Stuart
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Polo Ralph Lauren
Cufflinks - a craft fair in the Recoletas district, Buenos Aires
Braces - Paul Stuart
Shoes - Stefano Branchini via Bergdorf's
Face mask - New & Lingwood.

Dress shirt Sleeve Grey Collar Blazer
Footwear Jeans Shoe Leg Oxford shoe
Glasses Chin Smile Mirror Dress shirt
Suit trousers Photograph Dress shirt Sleeve Gesture
Suit trousers Dress shirt Neck Sleeve Standing
Suit trousers Trousers Photograph Leg Dress shirt

#2,889 ·
I accept the challenge, yet feel that defeat might be staring me in the face with big sad puppy-dog eyes . . .

The weather in NYC, after a few days of overcast or rainy weather, has reverted to sunny and pleasant - a perfect day to get suited up and face the world. Today's suit is one of my first suits, in my current size, from Paul Stuart, acquired some ten years ago. I think that I might take it to my alterations tailor and see if there is anything he might suggest to do to it - for myself, the shoulders seem a little too extended, and the trousers could be tapered and shortened a bit. A project in the works, perhaps.

Suit - Paul Stuart
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Polo Ralph Lauren
Cufflinks - a craft fair in the Recoletas district, Buenos Aires
Braces - Paul Stuart
Shoes - Stefano Branchini via Bergdorf's
Face mask - New & Lingwood.

View attachment 49759 View attachment 49760 View attachment 49761 View attachment 49762 View attachment 49763 View attachment 49764
It looks fine to my eye but who am I to question the master?