N05J3W3

Monocle is an entertaining read. I have not missed an issue.

Octane, for a different take on cars.

The Walrus, though the jury's out on that one.

Regillus

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Newsweek, Economist, Harper's, Atlantic Monthly, New Scientist, Forbes, WSJ, EETimes.com, NetworkWorld.com, IEEE Spectrum.

Last edited:

C_Clarke

I've gotten tired of reading everything online and have 5+ tabs open and have actually gone back to print versions of my favorite magazines, which are Fortune, Entrepreneur and Elle. There is one that I purposely pick up at an independent bookstore so that I have a reason to go in and continue to support, and that's Curve magazine.

JohnRov

The only one I get in print is Food and Wine. It's marginally useful. I get American Rifleman but that's a side effect of NRA membership, but it's actually one of the more interesting of the gun rags, most are nothing but shilling for advertisers. I also do most of my reading online.

dawgvet

Besides journals for work, my favorites are: Garden and Gun (top pick), American Angler, Grey's Sporting Journal, Rovers Magazine (Land Rover mag), Road and Track, Fly Tyer, Four Wheeler, and occasional Atlanta Magazine.
Regards,
Jedidiah

127.72 MHz

Elite Member
I take several subscriptions. The best by a long shot is the Economist.

Although I have to agree that much of so called high end audio is hogwash I like The Absolute Sound, it's miles ahead of Stereophile.

Birdseye

Starting Member
Magnificent Man

I came across a great publication called Magnificent Man the other day. It is from Bremont Watches and has a great style section and very unusual format.. its available from the itunes store or the Bremont website... give it a try.

Earl of Ormonde

Connoisseur
In alph. order. However, some of them I can only get hold of once or twice a year, others I get monthly or occasionallyBicycle Times (US)Cycling Active (UK)Cycling Plus (UK)Cycling Weekly (UK)Goal (SWE)Katolska Magasin (SWE)Modern Railways (UK)The Cricketer (UK)The Railway Magazine (UK)The Spectator (UK)Tåg (SWE)When Saturday Comes (UK)

hockeyinsider

Elite Member
GQ because of the cologne samples.
I know someone -- seriously, it isn't me -- who goes to the stores toward the end of the month, when the old magazines that didn't sell are about to be taken down off the newsrack. He will go through them and use the free sample of cologne. It's probably not ethical nor may it be legal, but his justification is they were going to throw the magazines away at the end of the day as it were anyways.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange