Men's Clothing Forums banner

What are your favorite magazines?

25K views 71 replies 52 participants last post by  Howard 
#1 ·
I love reading magazines. I subscribed to over 20 magazines such as BusinessWeek, Vanity Fair, Forbes and Fortune.

What magazines do you like?

#58 ·
In alph. order. However, some of them I can only get hold of once or twice a year, others I get monthly or occasionallyBicycle Times (US)Cycling Active (UK)Cycling Plus (UK)Cycling Weekly (UK)Goal (SWE)Katolska Magasin (SWE)Modern Railways (UK)The Cricketer (UK)The Railway Magazine (UK)The Spectator (UK)Tåg (SWE)When Saturday Comes (UK)

#60 ·
GQ because of the cologne samples.
I know someone -- seriously, it isn't me -- who goes to the stores toward the end of the month, when the old magazines that didn't sell are about to be taken down off the newsrack. He will go through them and use the free sample of cologne. It's probably not ethical nor may it be legal, but his justification is they were going to throw the magazines away at the end of the day as it were anyways.

#61 ·
I know someone -- seriously, it isn't me -- who goes to the stores toward the end of the month, when the old magazines that didn't sell are about to be taken down off the newsrack. He will go through them and use the free sample of cologne. It's probably not ethical nor may it be legal, but his justification is they were going to throw the magazines away at the end of the day as it were anyways.
Do the cologne samples still have that scent?

#71 ·
Make, 2600, American Bungalow, Style 1900, American Scientific, Reason, Cinefex, The Wire, Future Music, Retro Gamer, Dr. Dobbs Journal, Servo, Linux Gazette

And, from the past:

Radio Electronics, Byte, Commodore Gazette, Compute!, Omni (sometimes)

Make, I think, is one of the greatest magazines ever published. If you are at all, interested in DIY, gadgets, or technology in general, it's a must read.

Almost forgot to add one I actually subscribe to: Invention & Technology :)

Good/Fast/Cheap - Pick Two
I'm quoting an old post, but I love this list. I've subbed to several of these in the past.

It's been a long time, though. I use the web for the most part now. The only current exception is Circle Track Magazine. They have a great website, but I've learned so much about suspension engineering from Bob Bolles that I like to support the publication.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.