Jeff84

I’m shopping for new long sleeve sport shirts.
Brooks Brothers- I am in between sizes, small is too tight across the back/ shoulders and a medium the shoulders are too big.
Joseph Abboud, Egara (MWH brand)- same thing.
I have gotten measurements from Lands End, LL Bean, Orvis to name a few. Even tried J Crew. Just like the above brands, a slim fit is too tight in the arms and back, a modern/ classic fit is too big or baggy everywhere else. I really don’t want to spend the time and money to get something altered. When it comes to dress shirts, a Regent Fit 14.5/33 fits me perfectly.

Jeff84

Nothing wrong with wearing a dress shirt in patterns if BB Regent has things that fit you. Most all the shirts I wear as "sport shirts" are actually numerically neck and sleeve sized and are officially sold as dress shirts.
True. I have two dress shirts that I used for that purpose last year.

Dhaller

Elite Member
At BB, I'm a pretty good 15.5/35 in the Regent fit for dress shirts, and Regent medium in the sport shirts. So it's unsurprising that the medium might be slightly large.

What about another fit? Possibly Milano? (though I'm guessing that might overshoot the mark into "slim"; the Milano is tight on me.

Have you looked at Kamakura shirts? They have a Tokyo fit which might address the shoulder/back issue; they have fairly precise measurements listed for every dimension of their shirts... worth a look?

DH

John M

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Gitman (if you want to consider them in that category) and Over Under Clothing are two brands off the top of my head that I like.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
If my closet contents are any indication, my preferences seem to be Brooks Brothers, PRL, Orvis, and O'Connell's. Now if we count vented fishing shirts as a sport shirt design, I could add Columbia, World Wide Sportsman, RedHead and a few other that I can't seem to recall without making a trip back to the closet! The world is your oyster...hit it with a shot of Tabasco and eat it! LOL. ;)

blue suede shoes

I have agree with Eagle as my go to brands for sport shirts are also Brooks Brothers, PRL, Orvis, and O'Connell's. I also like LL Bean as they have a wide variety of quality shirts at reasonable prices. If you are hard to fit and need some tailoring for the off the rack shirts, custom made shirts cost less than you think.

medhat

Lewin and Charles Tyrwhitt slim fit IMO is close to BB Regent in fit, and I like both for their selections for casual shirting. Uniqlo's standard fit is also pretty close to Regent, but without a lot of pattern variety last I checked. I happen to be very partial to the Uniqlo fabric for their solid colored shirts, there's a bit of spandex in there that makes it very comfortable for casual wear.

Mr. Rider

I find Charles Tyrwhitt slims to be more snug than BB Regent, but I prefer them nonetheless. I'm done with BB due to finding their durability incommensurate with their style. I've grown tired of splits at the sleeve seams and frayed plackets and cuffs. My next Charles Tyrwhitt order won't be for slims. LL Bean also offers some dress shirts suitable for casual wear. They look smart, and I like the quality of their products.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange