Fading Fast

Connoisseur
Isn't the obvious girl Kate Hepburn, she of NE fame? I'm sure someone would have already called her out and I just missed it.

Always my favorite.
I'd agree. In her day, Hepburn was seen as a bit of a style iconoclast as she wore trousers in situations that, at that time, wasn't done. But looking back, her clothes are very Trad and, even, many times Ivy overall. Also, regarding her affinity for trousers, dressing with element of / or echoes of men's clothing has a long Ivy girl tradition. And that voice is pure East Coast trad.

548310e514681_-_mcx-katharine-hepburn-19.jpg
548310e1bd9eb_-_mcx-katharine-hepburn-5.jpg
pat-and-mike-hepburn.png

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
I always wondered what the big deal was about Audrey Hepburn. Then one night last year I was flipping through the channels and breakfast at Tiffany’s was on.....after that I got it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
She does jump off the screen in that one. In particular, in the scene in the strip-tease bar, she gives a very nuanced but impactful performance mainly through just facial expressions. More broadly, she shows a heck of a lot of range in that movie.

GRH

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
She does jump off the screen in that one. In particular, in the scene in the strip-tease bar, she gives a very nuanced but impactful performance mainly through just facial expressions. More broadly, she shows a heck of a lot of range in that movie.
Speaking of nuances, m
ay I direct your attention here ?

Charles Dana

Honors Member
I don't know what a Trad girlfriend looks like, but I know what she’s looking for.

In the “Want Ads” section of the Daily Princetonian for November 2, 1948, the following item is listed first:

“GIRL FROM VASSAR interested in meeting Princeton man. Object: to determine truth of rumor that the natural shoulder look as featured by the Student Tailor Shop, Murray-Dodge Hall, is the real thing.”

I guess guerilla marketing isn’t as new as I thought.

I hope the Vassar lass found her natural shoulder man.

Doctor Damage

Connoisseur
^^ That one has aged well. And I'd rather have the mid-70s Cadillac (500 cubes!) even though having owned a German car I fully understand how awesome they were in the old days.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange