Fading Fast

Connoisseur
Michelle Phillips - the intersection of preppy, hippie, and beat for those times a Tradly youth wants to get a little spicy...

View attachment 33035

Blonde? Check. E-Type? Check. Freaky Beatnik? Don't worry, you can take him no sweat...

View attachment 33036

Admit it - the first thing you noticed was Warren's camel polo.
At that moment in time - the top pic in particular - she looked so the girl next door (of your dreams) that even when she went all hIppie, she still basically just looked like the girl next door in costume.

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
Michelle Phillips - the intersection of preppy, hippie, and beat for those times a Tradly youth wants to get a little spicy...

View attachment 33035

Blonde? Check. E-Type? Check. Freaky Beatnik? Don't worry, you can take him no sweat...

View attachment 33036

Admit it - the first thing you noticed was Warren's camel polo.
No, it wasn't. However, it was the third . . .

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Almost a full week has gone by without my posting to this thread? For shame...

Far be it for me to rekindle "The Great Aran Sweater Controversy", please - however - allow me to opine that this one will certainly keep you warm all through those long, cold winter months -

View attachment 33517

Natasha Poly, Vogue (Paris) cover for the November 2018 issue.

O.K. gents, so how long do you think it'll be before this hopeful and righteous look hits the Mid-West in a large way displacing the horrors I witness daily?

<crickets>

I know, I know you are a pure and chaste sort of Tradly guy who neither abides such decadent, hedonistic imagery nor the delights of the flesh it promises. Instead, can I maybe tempt you with a slightly more puritanical restrained un chien shaggy?

View attachment 33518

Françoise Madeleine Hardy

And this concludes this week's leg (oddly free of legs for a leg-man) of the Tod Hackett Tour de France...
Egad! Natasha might "keep one warm all through those long, cold winter months," but she might also get a few of us killed. Hell hath no fury like SWMBO provoked! ;)

New Old Stock

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Buddy of mine (who likes to poke fun at my 'old man' style) sent me this article asking if this is what I was looking for in a woman. Dressing Trad is one thing, cosplaying your entire life takes dedication! :crazy:

Doctor Damage

Connoisseur
Buddy of mine (who likes to poke fun at my 'old man' style) sent me this article asking if this is what I was looking for in a woman. Dressing Trad is one thing, cosplaying your entire life takes dedication! :crazy:

The last thing I would ever want is a woman like that. Her understanding of the 1950s "homemaker"s life is naive. If this was the 1950s there's a good chance her beloved husband would knock her around when he got drunk from being pissed off at his crappy job, or her isolation at home during the day would lead to her own alcohol problem, or her sex life would be totally unsatisfying, or... you get the picture. It's wasn't all roses and lace. I know a woman kinda sorta like that. And it's no surprise to me that the woman in the article and my acquaintance both seem to like "man-child" men. As you say New Old Stock, it's cosplay nonsense. Might as well be a furry or something.

Color 8

The last thing I would ever want is a woman like that. Her understanding of the 1950s "homemaker"s life is naive. If this was the 1950s there's a good chance her beloved husband would knock her around when he got drunk from being pissed off at his crappy job, or her isolation at home during the day would lead to her own alcohol problem, or her sex life would be totally unsatisfying, or... you get the picture. It's wasn't all roses and lace. I know a woman kinda sorta like that. And it's no surprise to me that the woman in the article and my acquaintance both seem to like "man-child" men. As you say New Old Stock, it's cosplay nonsense. Might as well be a furry or something.
Contrary to popular opinion, all men weren't drunken cavemen, nor were all women frustrated simps, prior to the current Age of Enlightenment.

Color 8

She was mentioned earlier. If you are the thread drift police, start with the 135 page thread on Red Meat.
I meant it as a legitimate question. Many of the most radical aspects of 60's counter-culture have become mainstream and mundane. God knows, half the Liberal politicians of the 60's would be considered rock-ribbed Conservatives by today's standards.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange