What does your state/provence/country say on it's license plate?

Acct2000

Connoisseur - Moderator
Since eons before I was born mine has had the same one-word phrase: Vacationland.
Now really, if you had to name the top 200 spots where you'd like to vacation, would Maine be among them?​

"Not since we found out you live there" is not a valid response

Actually, we drove through Maine as a family when I was a kid. I really would enjoy spending a week or two there sometime. I like quiet, restful vacations and Maine would be a beautiful setting. Inexpensive lobsters aren't all bad either.

turban1

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
um...

You're actually in Afghanistan? Wow. What precisely do they have there that a license plate can be attached to?​

Um, cars, buses, vans, lorries, motorcycles. did you expect that we affix them to goats? traffic in kabul is mercilessly busy.

actually, live free or die is borrowed from new hampshire. i was only kidding.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
[/INDENT] ...Pennsylvania thought itself the "keystone" state in the Union, in that it was the most important state that held everything together and without which the rest would surely crumble. This coming from the time of the Declaration of Independence.

LOL(!)...and indeed, it was at one time. But then, I left Lock Haven and University Park, PA, to travel the world and am now serving as the raison detre for the continued claims of Indiana, as the "Crossroads of America!" Indeed, are we not all the centers of each of our own little worlds:)crazy:)? I just never realized that the "Crossroads of America" could be so flat and covered in so many acres of corn! ROFALOL. ;)

JerseyJohn

Some of us lobbied for "New Jersey! ... you gotta pro'lem wi' dat?", or for our tourist slogan, "New Jersey ... bring your body here" (a little double-meaning ...), but the suggestions never went anywhere.

David J. Cooper

Mine says "Beautiful British Columbia". It seems to be a title from a different generation. At one time that's about all we had going for us. Now we seem to be all grown up but still drive around with that on our license plates Sort of like the Paris Hilton of Provinces.

Other possibilities.

Home of BC Hydro (the weed)
We're for Sale.
Thank God we Sent Seth Rogan to LA.
Home of Buble and Nickleback.

Last edited:

recoveringchef

"First in Flight" in North Carolina for as long as I remember. A few years ago someone in Ohio thought it was smart to put "Birthplace of Aviation" on their plates. The only problem: that's incorrect. Boo Ohio.

recoveringchef

Mine says "Beautiful British Columbia". It seems to be a title from a different generation. At one time that's about all we had going for us. Now we seem to be all grown up but still drive around with that on our license plates Sort of like the Paris Hilton of Provinces.

Other possibilities.

Home of BC Hydro (the weed)
We're for Sale.
Thank God we Sent Seth Rogan to LA.
Home of Buble and Nickleback.

We always referred to it as "BC bud," or "B-sters."

Thurnau

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Louisiana is usually "Sportsman's Paradise" for its hunting and fishing.
I think another variation was "Louisiana Purchase" with a compass.

Earl of Ormonde

Connoisseur
On a related note, Swedish number plates are 3 letters - space - then 3 numbers, for example. STV 796.
Now a few months ago Sweden banned all the 3-letter combinations on number plates that could cause offence and that weren't already banned by previous legislation, for example: GOD, GUD (God in Swedish), JEW, SEX, KUK (P***ck), ASS and similar were already banned. But this new move now bans things like WTF, TIT, FYI, LOL, FKU, FUK, FUC, DIK, COK, ARS, PEN, CUN, KUN and other text speak & shorthand combinations that divert drivers' attention from the road and/or could cause offence.

(police/trade secret: Unlike the UK were the first two letter indicate the geographical area of registration/first sale of a car, letters on Swedish plates have no relevance)

Several were banned because of what they can combine to make with the 3 numbers, for exmaple, the famous PEN 15 in Sweden would be PEN 155, and others banned were SUK 177 ("suck it" using stylized 7s), CUN 775, and KUN 775 (again with the stylized 7s for the double T)
What a bunch of killjoys, they're making it harder for me (and my sons of course;)) to play number plate phrase games when out on long drives :)

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange