babycatcher

Outstanding choice and shine Uncle--I didn't know shell could get so shiny. I need to work on my technique for "the treatment".

My second favorite shoe today:

Alden PTB #8

Ron_A

^ Awesome shine on the Aldens, gentlemen. I also need to work on "the treatment" (a/k/a the Mac technique).

BC - I like the Alden saddles and can understand why they'd be your favorite.

I like slip-ons (e.g., Alden 563), but have a new appreciation for the Barrie last. Today I am wearing Alden PTB in black shell that I recently received as a gift from a friend.

srivats

Have't been checking this thread as frequently as I do. Quite a few outstanding shoes have been posted, and I am enjoying seeing them all.

Wingman, your G&Gs look fantastic.

Mac, the shine in your whiskey chukkas is amazing. I tried and got some shine on my #8 chukkas that I am wearing today, but not as much as yours! Its such a pleasure seeing your shells.

WingtipTom

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
A-chukkas
Whiskey shell
Argyles OTC
Love the color of those, and the shine is amazing!
My second favorite shoe today:
Alden PTB #8
Outstanding shine!
gray ribbed socks from Men's Wearhouse, I think
J&M Meltons? I have a pair in burgundy. Great looking shoes!
Today I am wearing Alden PTB in black shell that I recently received as a gift from a friend.
At first, I thought those were a pair of Bates patent leather oxfords! Seems to me you've mastered "the treatment" just fine!

wingman

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
^ WTom-- I love the Alden caps. That coppery brown is a color I don't have...yet!!
Everyone's posts are aces. Thank you for the kind notices WTom, Mac, & srivats.

(PS-- what are G&Gs? If it's a particular brand, I'm certain I don't have it, LOL.)

Last edited:

babycatcher

^ Great posts. i feel left out of the cap toe party---the only ones I have are boots, so far less dressy.

Ron-sweet PTBs---that is one helluva friend. I need friends like that, or a Dutch uncle that wears a 9E and is short on closet room.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.