EponymousFunk

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Calf Luccheses are the epitome of boot comfort. Out of the box soft.
Years ago, I had a pair in goatskin; also very supple and wore like iron. Those boots were eventually re-soled three times and lasted almost 15 years! I would still have them if not for an unfortunate misstep on a DFW escalator. :mad:

There are now two pair of Lucchese calf ropers wrangling/bookending a small herd of AE oxfords, bluchers, and loafers on the shoe rack in my closet. They are sad and lonely; there is not much call for them here in the Beltway, so they usually come out to play only on trips home to Texas...

Regards,

Last edited:

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
^^
Those handsome new kicks make for a great picture! Keep in mind that while the savings on a pair of seconds are substantial, how much you are troubled by the flaws detected can knock a bit of the bloom from the rose (so to speak). However two of the flaws you mentioned (the slight scratch and the broguing issue will seem irrelevant after you have worn the shoes a few times. How serious is the welt issue? :icon_scratch:

nb8790

^^
Those handsome new kicks make for a great picture! Keep in mind that while the savings on a pair of seconds are substantial, how much you are troubled by the flaws detected can knock a bit of the bloom from the rose (so to speak). However two of the flaws you mentioned (the slight scratch and the broguing issue will seem irrelevant after you have worn the shoes a few times. How serious is the welt issue? :icon_scratch:
The issues are very minor, although the scratch may bother me even though it’s 99% invisible from a couple feet away.

233A4C73-5B08-42EB-BFFD-72BA507E9A17.jpeg

35C8D4FE-A15A-4DE6-AC9D-0BB50E6A31CC.jpeg

Cvaria

I'm still wearing and loving 1 of my many pairs of Brooksbrothers/Allen Edmonds Presidios. Love them to death. I will have to replace each with a pair brooksbrothers 1818 loafers. No more Allen Edmonds since the contract has moved.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.