ymc226

Only the made in USA Oxford button down and non iron button down shirts are on the website. I am interested in the must iron pinpoint Oxford button downs but can't seem to find them. Am I just obtuse or are they really unavailable?

Steve Smith

I suppose that means that they don't have any in either of their two US warehouses. You may be able to get a store to check their stock and see if another store has one for you. I think the BB Garland factory is not making shirts right now and may not be making any more at all. You could also check the big ebay seller and see if he has any in your size. ;)

Charles Dana

Honors Member
Only the made in USA Oxford button down and non iron button down shirts are on the website. I am interested in the must iron pinpoint Oxford button downs but can't seem to find them. Am I just obtuse or are they really unavailable?
The must-iron pinpoints are still on the website. Not all colors in all sizes and fits, but they’re still there. Click on “Dress Shirts” then in the “filter“ section, select “button down collar” then select “Supima cotton.” The shirts that come up that cost $69.50 will be the must-iron pinpoints (as well as the must-iron end-on-end shirts).

blue suede shoes

The must-iron pinpoints are still on the website. Not all colors in all sizes and fits, but they’re still there. Click on “Dress Shirts” then in the “filter“ section, select “button down collar” then select “Supima cotton.” The shirts that come up that cost $69.50 will be the must-iron pinpoints (as well as the must-iron end-on-end shirts).
Your directions are excellent, and took me to the must iron shirts I was seeking. That is a much better reply than I have ever received from a Brooks Brothers employee.

I used an additional filter (solid colors), and it took me to a listing of 26 of their shirts. However, the word "pinpoint" is not in the description of any one of them so I don't know where one would find their pinpoint cotton shirts. But I did find my two favorite shirts that Brooks makes, my favorite dress shirt (469Q) and my favorite all around casual shirt (ME03881). As usual they are out of stock on many sizes and colors.

Charles Dana

Honors Member
However, the word "pinpoint" is not in the description of any one of them so I don't know where one would find their pinpoint cotton shirts.
I don’t know why BB doesn’t simply use the word “pinpoint.” Because I know what those shirts look like, I found them on the website through trial and error several years ago and have been following the directions that I gave in my earlier post ever since.

Danny

The pinpoints [regular finish and non-iron] have been imported for a long time, as long as I can recall. It's just the oxfords that were/are USA made. I have one from about 20 years ago that is imported. A BB salesman once told me it's because Malaysia has some patent on a manufacturing process regarding those pinpoint shirts. I am not sure the extent of the truthfulness of that, but I was told that once.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange