What is Really Trad.

Brownshoe

quote:Originally posted by Brownshoe

quote:Originally posted by dopey

Originally posted by Brownshoe
. . .
antipathy of certain AAACers and most of the Style Forum crowd

. . .

Certain of our members delight in taking unprovoked cheap shots at the "misshapen," pear-shaped," etc. sack suited folks

What timing:

People's Exhibit A

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by iammatt

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How do they fit? I like them big and baggy, with no taper or shaping at all. The add copy makes them sound pretty heavy and bullet-proof, which sounds appealing.

Anyone here have any of these? How do they measure up?

Why buy a shirt when a small tent would seem to fit your likes.

All in good fun? Doubtful.

Funny? Uh, no. That shtick was tired when Carson flogged it thirty years ago.

Anyway, enough of this nonsense. I'm shutting up now.

Brownshoe

quote:Originally posted by iammatt

quote:Originally posted by dopey

. . .
antipathy of certain AAACers and most of the Style Forum crowd

. . .

Certain of our members delight in taking unprovoked cheap shots at the "misshapen," pear-shaped," etc. sack suited folks

What timing:

People's Exhibit A

quote:
Originally posted by iammatt

quote:

How do they fit? I like them big and baggy, with no taper or shaping at all. The add copy makes them sound pretty heavy and bullet-proof, which sounds appealing.

Anyone here have any of these? How do they measure up?

Why buy a shirt when a small tent would seem to fit your likes.

All in good fun? Doubtful.

Funny? Uh, no. That shtick was tired when Carson flogged it thirty years ago.

Anyway, enough of this nonsense. I'm shutting up now.

Actually, it was all in good fun. You should notice that I posted that AFTER your comment on this thread. It was meant to be ironic. Also, it had only to do with the lack of shape that you wanted, not anything to do with whatever shape you body is.

I get it, and I apologize.

Your post was just so timely I couldn't resist.

Hope there are no hard feelings.

Tom Buchanan

Harris,

My pleasure on the Smathers tip. I really like their stuff. The pink elephants particularly crack me up.

And you will be particularly pleased to know that they are sold at your beloved Eljos.

Cheers,
Tom

boatshoes

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
quote:Originally posted by tintin

White canvas Sperrys

I am partial to the navy blue Sperrys since you can wear them year round and they acquire some "character" over time. I was recently looking to see if any other manufacturer made a canvas boat shoe; it seems Sebago may have once made a pair (which may or may not have been made in the US) but do not any longer. Looks like Sperry is the only option currently.

Badrabbit

I fear that I may be more Trad than I had thought. I own every single garment on the first two numbered lists except for the duffle coat (and that one I'm exempt from since I don't live in NE). Oh and my dinner jacket has peaked lapels.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.