epj1906

Starting Member
A few of my favorite timepieces from my ever growing collection. In order of what gets the most wrist time. I have about 30 watches total which range from el cheapo Casio G-Shocks, Invicta, Pulsar, Seiko Kinetic, up through my automatics Tag Heurer, Panerai, Rolex, and my favorite, Audemars Piguet.

Enjoy!

Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Montauk Highway w/ custom Particolare Capolavoro Black Hornback Crocodile strap

Panerai 312 w/ custom Heroic18 Black Alligator strap

Rolex Milgauss

Rolex Daytona two tone w/ diamond markers

mrp

I actually like the Rolex Milgauss. I could see myself wearing it with most everything, other than a DJ (etc).
As mentioned if you are taking the photos they are very nice.

epj1906

Starting Member
I actually like the Rolex Milgauss. I could see myself wearing it with most everything, other than a DJ (etc).
As mentioned if you are taking the photos they are very nice.
Actually the Milgauss is my go to watch when I want to be a little formal.

statboy

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
I thought this was a joke at first. None of those watches have any business being worn with a suit (except maybe the Milgauss). And the conspicuous inclusion of the BMW logo....too funny.

Haffman

30 watches is a lot...have you got one of those watch winders that's sized like a jukebox?

The Milgauss is my fav of the options here

godan

Elite Member
The Milgauss does not look that much different from the Rolex Explorer I that is on my wrist right now. Neither has the bubble magnifier that makes the DateJust models so obvious.

12345Michael54321

I thought this was a joke at first.
I'm still hoping it is. I fear it may not be, though.

None of those watches have any business being worn with a suit
I'm inclined to agree. But to each his own, I suppose.

Unfortunately, my watch budget can't really stretch to an Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Montauk Highway at the moment. Do you think I could just obtain a lead disk, about the size of a pie plate and an inch or two thick, and strap it to my wrist? What if I painted some sub-dials on it first? :)

'Course, I'd still have to have my tailor let out the left cuffs on all of my dress shirts.
--
Michael

Omega

Is there a point to wear a watch at all? :) You have it on your mobile, laptop, car dashboard, TV, hear updates from the radio... Personally not against watches though :)

12345Michael54321

Most days, I spend a fair number of my waking hours not working at my computer, driving my car, watching tv, or listening to the radio. (Nor are tv and radio time updates continuous.) Yet, I might still want to know what time it is. Glancing at my wrist is easier and less obtrusive a way of checking the time, than whipping out a cell phone would be.

Besides, a wedding ring and a wristwatch are about the only pieces of jewelry which it is entirely unobjectionable for a man to wear on nearly any occasion. As I'm unmarried, that means my wristwatch is all I've got. :)
--
Michael
(Wearing a vintage Omega Seamaster, at the moment. From back when they were still more like dress watches, than diving/sport watches.)

Apatheticviews

Is there a point to wear a watch at all? :) You have it on your mobile, laptop, car dashboard, TV, hear updates from the radio... Personally not against watches though :)
I actually didn't wear a watch for over 5 years when I got out of the service. I was at home (plenty of clocks around), in the car (clock on radio), or at work (clock on computer). It was kind of liberating for the most part. I also didn't carry a cell phone (either at work or at home). It wasn't until I started running again that I bought another watch, and started wearing it regularly. I do enjoy them.

TheGreatTwizz

Elite Member
The Milgauss does not look that much different from the Rolex Explorer I that is on my wrist right now. Neither has the bubble magnifier that makes the DateJust models so obvious.
If you put them side by side, you'll see the obvious thickness from the Milgauss's faraday cage. Plus, the orange lightning bolt is a little more dramatic than the Explorer's second hand.

You'd think, right? I have an anniversary milgauss (green crystal, and the 3/6/9 markers are orange) that's out for service, the strap on my air king broke, and the fiancée wears my datejust; I've been without a watch for four days and I'm HATING it. Yes, it is much easier to wear a watch than to pull the cell phone out.

Omega

Cufflinks are also part of typical male jewellery :) And then a nice phone (almost a must in modern world :)), glasses, lighter, pen, money clip, iPad... :)
Perhaps, Seiko is correct in its advertisement - it's your watch that tells most about who you are. Nevertheless, while I really like my watch (had a few in the past, now only one), I wear it only during weekends - I have enough other points of interest in my clothing :)

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals