What would you wear today?

Maximilian S

Inactive user
Hello all! I'm starting a new thread,where we post a designer look that we don't own but would wear if we did. Hope this is the right place for this thread.

So here's what I'd wear today -
Daytime - Salvatore Ferragamo Fall 2011

Evening - Louis Vuitton Fall 2011

f7fc2cf1-97d9-4d64-93b8-88ea83bee65d_zpsbb6a8def.jpg

Acct2000

Connoisseur - Moderator
Not for me either. That's not what most people here are trying to do. You might be able to find a "high fashion" website to get some positive responses if there is one.

Haffman

I must admit I sometimes wish the man-bag was more socially acceptable. I hate carrying stuff in my pockets and although I use a briefcase at work and can stick my stuff in that, it would be a bit odd carrying one all the time.

I rather suspect if the man-bag was socially acceptable I'd never be without it and who knows I might keep a murse in it :redface:

Reuben

Honors Member
What would I wear? Three-piece in a custom-designed lightweight estate tweed, a quail emblematic from Kevin's, brogued balmoral boots in shell, JW Hulme shell bag, pair of EJ Churchill side-by-side 20 gauges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sskim3

Okay - I will play this game. Taken from Boardwalk Empire, here is Chalky White's outfit (the gentleman on the right):

11912658-large.jpg

RogerP

Connoisseur
Chalky is one of my favourite characters from that show. Such a bold and colourful style. I only wish I had the nerve.

Shaver

Suspended
I must admit I sometimes wish the man-bag was more socially acceptable. I hate carrying stuff in my pockets and although I use a briefcase at work and can stick my stuff in that, it would be a bit odd carrying one all the time.

I rather suspect if the man-bag was socially acceptable I'd never be without it and who knows I might keep a murse in it :redface:

The man bag isn't socially acceptable? How odd - no-one has ever criticised my (indispensable) messenger bag.

As for the images supplied by the OP - don't make me laugh, that stuff is for idiots. :mad2:

Shaver

Suspended
Chalky is one of my favourite characters from that show. Such a bold and colourful style. I only wish I had the nerve.

Roger, Chalky White is one of my favourite characters too. Complex, well rounded, plausibly motivated, a genuine tour-de-force - quite simply one of the most believable and considerately portrayed treatments of an early 20th Century coloured character in any American television show.

L-feld

Elite Member
I would be wearing custom orthopedic plain toe bluchers in shell made by Alden. One day, when I have the money to blow, I will go up to Moulded Shoe in New York and order myself a pair in #8 and black. And maybe cigar as well.

sskim3

I am glad my my pick of Chalky is approved by you two.

Now if only I can find a 3 piece suit like that. I do enjoy how all the characters leverage hats with their outfifs. And it is great to see overcoats the way they should be.

Shaver

Suspended
I am glad my my pick of Chalky is approved by you two.

Now if only I can find a 3 piece suit like that. I do enjoy how all the characters leverage hats with their outfifs. And it is great to see overcoats the way they should be.

Absolutely. I've said it before, I'm saying it now, and I will doubtless say it again, no other garment sets a man apart from his fellows like a decent overcoat, properly worn a distinguished - heroic even - effect can be achieved.

Howard

Connoisseur
The man bag isn't socially acceptable? How odd - no-one has ever criticised my (indispensable) messenger bag.

As for the images supplied by the OP - don't make me laugh, that stuff is for idiots. :mad2:

It's a murse, not a man-bag! ;)

Howard

Connoisseur
url

I was always told that I look quite handsome and this guy fits the bill. Wouldn't mind wearing this walking down the street.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange