What would you wear today?

Maximilian S

Inactive user
Bottega Veneta Fall 2011

13BottegaVenetaFall2011_zpsef23b419.jpg

I do. Ravello might be better than cigar for casual wear anyway.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

That's how I feel. I'm just not crazy about cigar cordovan. It's too greenish, and doesn't age as well as color 8 or the lighter shades.

Also, I'd rather have an LWB than a plain toe, but that's personal taste.

IvanD

The man bag isn't socially acceptable? How odd - no-one has ever criticised my (indispensable) messenger bag.

As for the images supplied by the OP - don't make me laugh, that stuff is for idiots. :mad2:

Shaver, could I trouble you for a messenger bag recommendation?
Preferably one that would go with a more casual ensemble.
Thank you.

Reuben

Honors Member
Thank you.

Not Shaver, but I carry my old filson with me just about everywhere. If I'm in need of a change or something a little more formal, I've got a leather JW Hulme.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shaver

Suspended
Thank you.

Oddly enough, of the bags I examined when making my choice a few years back it was a John Roche messenger bag from Debenhams that really tempted me. And despite it's lack of cachet I am very glad I chose it, the style was simple, restrained and elegant, and the more battered the leather has become the better it looks. I carry it everywhere and honestly believe that it is a totally fitting accessory for my general demeanor - I can never understand the 'man-bag' hostility.

This outfit looks rather good, though, handmade in England: https://www.htleather.co.uk/

adoucett

If you have to ask what I would wear today, you don't need to look any further than the posts on the "trad what are you wearing today" forum.

Dmontez

Elite Member
Don't forget about whiskey and I would have at least one be a LWB

I would be wearing custom orthopedic plain toe bluchers in shell made by Alden. One day, when I have the money to blow, I will go up to Moulded Shoe in New York and order myself a pair in #8 and black. And maybe cigar as well.

also, I like the idea of the thread, but not the execution by the OP.

A few you guys have the right idea. With no budget and perfect situations what would you have worn today?

Last edited:

momsdoc

Connoisseur
Daniele Alessandrini Fall 2012

7f57056f-8c7b-4c42-be9d-37ca832571ec_zps00900337.jpg

Can't complain about this , but why is the hood being held prisoner in a rolled up sleeping bag? "FREE THE HOOD!, FREE THE HOOD!, FREE THE HOOD"! Com'on start chanting, it 'll sound like a protest rally.
And where's the rest of the jacket?

Shaver

Suspended
I carry their Briefcase Lite as my everyday briefcase / manbag and absolutely love it.

https://www.htleather.co.uk/briefcases/the-briefcase-lite

Mine has a front buckle strap instead of the snap lock closure shown in the link above.

A fine looking bag, Roger. And your approval is more than enough of a recommendation for me, should I ever be in need of a replacement for my own bag.

Satiate my curiosity, though: as I understand it this is a reasonably obscure English manufacturer - how did they come to your attention?

RogerP

Connoisseur
A fine looking bag, Roger. And your approval is more than enough of a recommendation for me, should I ever be in need of a replacement for my own bag.

Satiate my curiosity, though: as I understand it this is a reasonably obscure English manufacturer - how did they come to your attention?

I'm sure I heard of them either here, or on the other forum.

sskim3

Even though its not weather appropriate, I always appreciated how Neal Caffrey pulled off the fedora look. The suits are slim fitting and not as traditional, but I still like the look.

10680347275_ee64e809f4_z.jpg

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange