fred johnson

Jack Donnelly’s pants arrived today and are everything advertised. M1 style is similar to Bills M1 with a slightly longer rise and zipper, material is of similar weight and color. Cost was 30% off with first time code, a very good value compared to Bills, I will be ordering more.

John M

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
I personally prefer the hook and eye closure (and I may have mentioned that before) so I would rather pay $10 more for that ($135 vs. $125 for JD) with O'Connell's vs. JD.

I am curious though and this is to @fred johnson... How was the hemming on the pants you ordered from JD? If you didn't get them hemmed, are you taking them to your tailor instead?

John M

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Since we're all different body types, the best khakis are the ones that fit you the best.
Agreed and often I prefer a relaxed fit however if say (and I need to lose weight) I wear a 36 relaxed, I would size up and go with a 38 classic fit or straight fit.

drpeter

Hear, hear! I am in complete agreement.

And if you do have an ill-fitting pair of fine trousers or jacket etc., a competent alterations tailor will usually be able to do the needful and make them better-fitting. Now, if you don't have the good fortune to have a decent alterations tailor, then let this New Year be the one in which you resolve to find one. I have been very fortunate to have had a long association with a splendid tailor, who is brilliant and patient. Such a person is invaluable to those who care about well-fitting clothes.

virginia dutchman

Starting Member
Hey guys,

On other forums when asked this question, the answers given are often that of cheap, poorly made, and ugly khakis [such as Ralph Lauren, LL Bean, and Duckhead]. I am searching for a pair of khakis that are not only luxurious in feel, but appearance.

Price is not an issue, as long as the quality deserves it. I’m located in the United Kingdom, so it is hard finding khakis with a 33” waist [which I possess. The waist, not the khakis, otherwise I wouldn’t be posting this thread].

Some of the manufacturers recommended to me on a separate forum that seem to hold merit are: Bill’s Khakis, Orvis, Frank’s Pants, O’Connell’s, and The Andover Shop. Unfortunately, only three out of that list offer my size; only one has my size in stock in the khakis I want!

Being British I would like to support British manufacturers, although if none exist, little brother America will do :D

Thoughts?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.