Three Button

What's up with Joseph A Bank? Is it in trouble? I ask because they keep running these buy one get one free ads every day almost. Today it was buy one suit and get two free. That seems odd.

Brooksfan

It's a difficult retail environment and with JAB being a publicly traded company, the answers should be discernible. I haven't looked at their financials lately but not too long ago (within the last year) Barron's had a brief article on them in which they said at that time their inventory represented over 400 days at then-current sales levels. That they're running a "buy one, get two free" sale now indicates this has probably worsened and they are probably trying to generate cash to pay vendors and employees. Again, not knowing their present numbers, and given the recent high-profile retailing bankruptcies it won't surprise me if they and others end up in liquidation.

stfu

It's a difficult retail environment and with JAB being a publicly traded company, the answers should be discernible. I haven't looked at their financials lately but not too long ago (within the last year) Barron's had a brief article on them in which they said at that time their inventory represented over 400 days at then-current sales levels. That they're running a "buy one, get two free" sale now indicates this has probably worsened and they are probably trying to generate cash to pay vendors and employees. Again, not knowing their present numbers, and given the recent high-profile retailing bankruptcies it won't surprise me if they and others end up in liquidation.
Not an expert, but ....

"yes and no".

Like it or not, their pricing model is "constant discounts".

Buy one at FULL price and get two free is actually NOT a significant differenece in price over their "typical" prices. For example, I think the sig gold retail price is listed as 900ish, but you can VERY OFTEN get it on sale for 300, 249, and even 199 at times. One would never pay 900 for it. So, therefore 900 is actually a fair representation of what one might expect for three of these suits.

Your mileage may vary.

Last edited:

Flanderian

Connoisseur
They may be in more difficulty now than before, but sales like these have been pretty constant on-line and through their catalog for well over five years.

martylane

This reminds me of some emails I've been receiving lately. I keep getting the same email over and over again from the CEO of Ingdirect saying "thank you" and "your money is safe with us", etc. Looks like Ing is going down!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange