DorianGrey

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
After gaining a significant amount of weight from not being able to exercise after a knee injury, I decided to buy a new camel hair topcoat. The last time I purchased one was in the 2012 timeframe. To my surprise I am finding a total lack of them on the market...have they suddenly gone out of style or something?? I have also been looking for a new (larger) trench coat...also having a hard time.
Is there a problem sourcing camel hair or something?
Thoughts?

p.s. The trench/raincoats I am seeing are way too short.

richard warren

After gaining a significant amount of weight from not being able to exercise after a knee injury, I decided to buy a new camel hair topcoat. The last time I purchased one was in the 2012 timeframe. To my surprise I am finding a total lack of them on the market...have they suddenly gone out of style or something?? I have also been looking for a new (larger) trench coat...also having a hard time.
Is there a problem sourcing camel hair or something?
Thoughts?

p.s. The trench/raincoats I am seeing are way too short.
Mostly hiding under the alias “polo coat.”

You can probably get one from O’Connell’s or Ralph Lauren.

Long trench coat?

Burberry.

https://us.burberry.com/the-long-kensington-heritage-trench-coat-p80280871/zoom/6

EclecticSr.

Polo Ralph Lauren Camel Hair Polo Coat 1

Polo Ralph Lauren Camel Hair Polo Coat 2

DESCRIPTIONDETAILSSHIPPING & FREE RETURNS
The Polo coat is named for its popularity among English polo players who would warm up in the garment between matches. Ralph Lauren's version maintains iconic details such as the double-breasted silhouette and belted back, while elevating it with American craftsmanship and custom-woven twill from the famed Joshua Ellis mill.

Polo Ralph Lauren Camel Hair Polo Coat 3

Polo Ralph Lauren Camel Hair Polo Coat 4

Polo Ralph Lauren Camel Hair Polo Coat 5

Polo Ralph Lauren Camel Hair Polo Coat 6

Polo Ralph Lauren Camel Hair Polo Coat 7

Polo Ralph Lauren Camel Hair Polo Coat 8

Polo Ralph Lauren
https://www.ralphlauren.com/men-clothing-outerwear/camel-hair-polo-coat/0037870995.html?pdpR=y
Camel Hair Polo Coat
Save your Wishlist
$2,495.00

Enjoy 40% Off When You Spend $125+ Details

peterc

The RL one is COMPLETELY SOLD OUT. RL did not re-stock it this year, apparently.

J Press has a very nice one, and at a good price.

Alas, I am afraid these are a relic of the past. Troubling, to be sure.

Mute

O'Connell's has several, single and double breasted. Also I believe Ben Silver has one as well. They're out there. You just need to know where to look.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.