Which AAAC member has had the most profound impact on your wardrobe?

fishertw

Elite Member
Harris from a Trad standpoint and Jamgood from the standpoint of a having an encyclopedic knowledge of clothing brands, history, corporate ownership and insight. Those two were posting in 2006 when I joined and were the main reasons I stayed around.

JLibourel

Honors Member and King Fop
Probably Manton, although he's long gone from this forum, as are some of my other early influences like Will and Sator.

Charles Dana

Honors Member
Upr Crust--For showing me how to coordinate patterns and vibrant colors while still looking businesslike.

Billax and Patrick--For showing me how to coordinate sport coats, shirts and ties in a way that epitomizes casual elegance. Extra credit to them for teaching me about shoes, about how trouser cuffs should break, and how to dress nattily on very hot days. And a ton of even more extra credit to Patrick for his wry sense of humor.

Jerrod AKA oxfordclothbuttondown--For reminding me that simple is good.

Although I've singled out the above individuals, I'm actually grateful to all frequent posters, past and present, for their collective wisdom and insights.

Traser

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Shaver.

He dresses so sharply that he should change his nom-de-plume to 'Straight Razor'.

Shaver

Suspended
Aww.... you guys. :redface:

Thank you.

My tastes were probably fully formed when I arrived here, but my attitudes towards, and understanding of, those tastes have been modified (for the better) by interaction with some of the very fine minds and snappy dressers that we possess on this forum.

There are many chaps on here that I admire enormously. I shall refrain from typing the (lengthy) list, for fear of neglecting someone in my haste, but I hope that I have made it abundantly clear during my tenure who these gentlefolk are.

Last edited:

johwal

I've learned so much from so many. I thank you all. I as much appreciate the wit and humor that often accompanies the postings.

TSWalker

Manton... after all, he summarized the wisdom of the forum into an excellent book. Of course, the same obviously applies to Andy.

Snow Hill Pond

Elite Member
What an unfair question...best left unanswered...lest we leave shattered egos in our wake.

However, I will say the AAAC member with the most traumatizing impact (on my psyche) was the one who posted the Yoko Ono menswear photos about a year ago. Very disturbing...

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange