Desk Jockey

The answer is... ta-da, none of the above!

Arista Shirts, Ltd in New Rochelle, NY is a piece goods maker firmly in the good-but-not-too-expensive level of dwindling American shirt manufacturers. I think they also make equestrian stuff. I forget who actually owns them but it's not the fine folks of the IAG retailing empire.

Note: the above applies the dress shirts. Only the sport shirts with the 'Made in New England' tag are from Fall River, MA.

Last edited:

DavidW

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Interesting. I got my info (mistated by me but properly corrected) from Charles at the Cambridge shop. I'll check back with them next time I'm in.
The answer is... ta-da, none of the above!

Arista Shirts, Ltd in New Rochelle, NY is a piece goods maker firmly in the good-but-not-too-expensive level of dwindling American shirt manufacturers. I think they also make equestrian stuff. I forget who actually owns them but it's not the fine folks of the IAG retailing empire.

Note: the above applies the dress shirts. Only the sport shirts with the 'Made in New England' tag are from Fall River, MA.

Miket61

Elite Member
I was a bit disappointed that J. Press only carried Fall River's sportshirts. Not as much as I was to discover that their undershirts are made in China.

The last two dress shirts I've purchased were one from Fall River and one from Press, and I'm undecided as to whether the Fall River is actually worth the 50% higher price ($98 vs $155). The Press shirt is a stiffer, heavier material, but that may be more to my liking as it gets older and laundered more often.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.