TKI67

The point, pure and simple, is that for over a century J. Press has manufactured pretty much everything but socks and sweaters in the USA. They have, especially in recent years, traded heavily on MIUSA and the way its cachet appeals to most TNSIL types. A person on this forum who does not appreciate the strong connection of this type of clothing with American makers is in my estimation a bit outside the norm, but that is certainly their right.

Their product descriptions have gotten progressively less and less detailed. My disappointment in the item has as much as anything to do with the fact that a fabric described as flannel has none of the characteristics I associate with flannel. Its appearance is more like serge. The fact it was MIC relates more to disappointment in Press and its choices than in the item or China.

The jacket, other than the fabric itself, fits fine, and I will wear it, but it is not in my estimation on a par with a brand like Southwick.

On a different topic, having had my heritage slandered I just do not feel good about being on Ask Andy anymore, but I felt my last comment deserved clarification.

The Great Garbanzo

Starting Member
My thought on best made day to day? Lacoste for me. I have a few that are decades old....and I rarely see anyone else wearing them so the logo doesn't bother me. Frankly I find them a bit comforting as they've not changed in how long? Collar and arm bands are perfect. And I can iron them to like no others, they really hold a good press.

Funny sort of Covid faux pas:

Prior to, day to day wear was suit and tie. With the shut down and gradual reopening we were then dressed down to Corporate casual...which deteriorated as the months went on to the point that we, (I), were wearing Levis at times.

I had purchased three BB polos as they were closing out "last years" colors, (hmm black, blue and red), back in February at the BB in the mall...(Wow, don't think I've been to the mall since). They all had contrasting logos. Well, I made the mistake of wearing two of them during a one week period. Everyone joked I must have hit a sale.

Last edited:

The Great Garbanzo

Starting Member
On a different topic, having had my heritage slandered I just do not feel good about being on Ask Andy anymore, but I felt my last comment deserved clarification.

I've gone and re-read the entire thread to see where the offense was committed and found none. I then searched via your posts and saw the slight..

Look, I'm new here so my input has little to no bearing on your final decision but it is members like you that have drawn me to and kept me here on these forums.

I'm sure I am not alone in saying you would be missed.

On a lighter note, as a man of Italo-Finn descent I too have felt the sting of stereotypical derision.

Why just yesterday some insensitive SOB joke within earshot joked:

How can you tell a Finnish extrovert from a Finnish introvert? The Finnish introvert will look at his shoes while he is talking to you, the extrovert will look at yours.

smmrfld

I've gone and re-read the entire thread to see where the offense was committed and found none. I then searched via your posts and saw the slight..

Look, I'm new here so my input has little to no bearing on your final decision but it is members like you that have drawn me to and kept me here on these forums.

I'm sure I am not alone in saying you would be missed.

On a lighter note, as a man of Italo-Finn descent I too have felt the sting of stereotypical derision.

Why just yesterday some insensitive SOB joke within earshot joked:

How can you tell a Finnish extrovert from a Finnish introvert? The Finnish introvert will look at his shoes while he is talking to you, the extrovert will look at yours.
Just FYI, this is the second time that OP has done this following a perceived slight or someone disagreeing with him.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals