Who wears wife-beaters and why?

Speas

Why? Swimmin' and showin' off my guns.

2psm36c.jpg

No use for any undershirts otherwise. Seems sort of uptight ;)

SlowE30

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Honestly, I own one which I have worn with shorts in the yard or working on the car on very hot summer days in SC. If it's that hot, though, I generally work shirtless. I've also worn it to redneck-themed parties. I have never had the desire to wear one as an undershirt - I prefer the t-shirt undershirt if I wear one.

ThomasC

Athletic Undershirts

I wear athletic undershirts under my dress shirts with suit and tie to work every day and with casual shirts, including polos. The sleeves of a t-shirt are annoying and I very much dislike the look of them under a dress shirt (or any shirt for that matter).

I do not sweat profusely under the arms and am more concerned with sweat down my back. The a-shirts work wonderfully in wicking this away from my dress or casual shirt.

Consider me old school or just someone who enjoys traditional, classic clothing, it really doesn't matter. I have been wearing a-shirts for over 25 years and prefer the look and feel of them.

chava

Why do I wear one?

Because I'm aspiring to a guest appearance on Cops, of course.

As an outer garment, I think you will blend right in with prison inmates, ex-cons and gangbangers. That would make you eligible for a lot of tv shows these days.

rmcnabb

My grandfather always wore them - rush of childhood memories.

Coming from true wife beater country, these aren't "wife beaters". You have shown your poor upbringing by misusing the term. Real wife beaters are either t-shirts with the sleeves ripped out, or those sleeveless t-shirts meant to be worn as outergarments, usually in colors, always - ALWAYS - with a pocket for a pack of cigarettes. I always wear a wife beater and a dirty ball cap from the feed store, except when I come outside to talk to the cops, at which point I take my shirt off and turn my ball cap around backwards, in case I'm on TV. :aportnoy:

Mannix

My grandfather always wore them - rush of childhood memories.

Coming from true wife beater country, these aren't "wife beaters". You have shown your poor upbringing by misusing the term. Real wife beaters are either t-shirts with the sleeves ripped out, or those sleeveless t-shirts meant to be worn as outergarments, usually in colors, always - ALWAYS - with a pocket for a pack of cigarettes. I always wear a wife beater and a dirty ball cap from the feed store, except when I come outside to talk to the cops, at which point I take my shirt off and turn my ball cap around backwards, in case I'm on TV. :aportnoy:

I'm currently picturing this...and it's hilarious.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange