eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
^^LOL. Darn...I knew I should have kept more of the old flightsuits. When things get hot, the Nomex variety protects the wearer from burns, regardless of the heat source! I could have dyed em different colors and made a fortune in fashion...had my own men's fashion forum. Andy, watch out for the competition? ;)

Howard

Connoisseur
70's bell bottoms, platform shoes, leisure suits etc... is better than what I see in my neighborhood these days, that is jeans with t shirts and flip flops.
I'd rather see people wearing 70's outfits than the garbage I see people wearing these days.

cosmic_cookie

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
QOGP37IC9G2EQMTA-rsz546x900.jpg
The man's face: "...This was a bad idea..."

15: I was actually thinking of making myself a safari suit, but I didn't know I had the option of bell-bottoms!

20. I'm not sure if the guy actually has on bell-bottoms, but I would actually wear that with a tie after ripping of the breast pocket flap. I also kind of like the color for an odd separate.

21. This is actually very mainstream in Antarctica today.

Last edited:

Jovan

Honors Member
I don't want to gouge my eyes out or anything; they are merely amusing. Not quite the too-often-used-iGent-word of "vulgar". We're already laughing at how UGG boots and Crocs were worn for any activity outside of their original purpose (and even then there were better, more functional footwear). Just think of all the fashions from now that will be laughed at by the newest generation and nostalgia-bloggers our age in 40 years' time.

Flanderian

Connoisseur
^ are you suggesting there was a downside to all of that coke?
No, you're thinking of Wall Street and much of the rest of the business culture in the '80's.

Crack came at the end of that era to extend the benefit of coke to the less well off.

The big thing in the '60's and '70's was pot, LSD and 'shrooms. And the most unfortunate discovered heroine.

WouldaShoulda

Suspended
No, you're thinking of Wall Street and much of the rest of the business culture in the '80's.

Crack came at the end of that era to extend the benefit of coke to the less well off.

The big thing in the '60's and '70's was pot, LSD and 'shrooms. And the most unfortunate discovered heroine.
Slowhand is the fifth studio album by English recording artist Eric Clapton, released in November 1977 by RSO Records. The album was titled after Clapton's nickname, which was given to him by Giorgio Gomelsky.[SUP][3][/SUP] The album peaked at number two on the US Billboard 200, and produced three hit singles on the Hot 100: "Lay Down Sally", "Wonderful Tonight" and "Cocaine".

:)

Flanderian

Connoisseur
Slowhand is the fifth studio album by English recording artist Eric Clapton, released in November 1977 by RSO Records. The album was titled after Clapton's nickname, which was given to him by Giorgio Gomelsky.[SUP][3][/SUP] The album peaked at number two on the US Billboard 200, and produced three hit singles on the Hot 100: "Lay Down Sally", "Wonderful Tonight" and "Cocaine".

:)
I guess some are more advanced than others. My reflections are only on what I saw around me. It was never part of my life, but I had to live through it and watch it affect friends and coworkers.

In '71 I had a coworker named Benny. Benny was a nice guy. But came home from war riding The Horse. I think the NVA gave it away. And that year Benny died with a spike in his arm.

12345Michael54321

Look, most of the outfits pictured were presumably made in America. So they're, by definition, of high quality. And tradly. Tradful. Replete with tradosity.

Moreover, I vaguely recall seeing Buck and Col. Deering wearing matching jumpsuits while doing futuristic disco dancing, while undercover on the interstellar love boat, and they looked pretty good. (Although Twiki stole the show, as usual. Man, the fact that Twiki never took home a People's Choice Award is totally not groovy.)

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.