Quetzal

Suspended
Today I saw a lady (definitely the original owner) wearing a very similar "His 'n' Her" vest, with wild plaid bell-bottoms and a very wide collar shirt. To complete the ensemble were a white belt and very 70s looking boots.

-Quetzal

style417

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
I swear I remember seeing some of these fashions in the JCP catalogs.

Too bad the majority of 1970s clothing consisted of cheap and useless synthetic costumey garbage. There were many nice clothes to be worn in the 1970s; I think it was the last time that wool was cheaper than polyester!

-Quetzal
I went to a private Catholic high school where we wore uniforms: grey wool trousers and a navy wool blazer. My freshman year (1970) was the first year they allowed any color shirt and tie. I couldn't stand the feel of polyester shirts (I still can't) so my mom would buy me "traditional" cotton shirts. My friends that went to the local public school had a wider variety of clothing to choose from but I don't remember anyone dressing like those pictures!

Jovan

Honors Member
Re: male bulges or lack thereof, I know for a fact that up to a certain time they were airbrushing them out of pictures for use in clothing catalogues. I'm not sure what vestigial belief made that inappropriate yet women's breasts and cleavage perfectly fine. Even with men's underwear catalogues the models were all reduced to a featureless Ken doll.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange