Orestis

Starting Member
I bought a coat that has 60% wool, 10% cashmere kai 30% polyester and i was wondering if I should keep it or not.

I read many different things about the wool/poly blends but the majority of people stated that it is better to have a wool/nylon blend than wool/polyester blend.

The cost of the coat is not quite low ( at least I don't consider it a cheap coat )
The initial price was 450 euros but I bought it with 20% discount.

Is it possible that even though it consists of 30% polyester, it can still be a quality coat ?

Last edited by a moderator:

iam.mike

Partner / Administrator
Staff member
@Orestis - welcome to our community!

Polyester does have it's place in many garments, and can help improve the overall performance or wearability of certain items.

To me, the blend sounds quite nice -- and practical for a coat.

If you like the way the coat fits and looks on you, I'd definitely recommend keeping it.

delicious_scent

Yeah if you have a nice coat, I wouldn't pass it up just because it has some poly in it.

My beefcake Schott peacoat has some polyester in it and it looks about a year old, even though it's nearly 9 years old.

With that said, manmade fibres do shed microplastics, which is not great for the environment.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.