Jovan

Honors Member
Anything with Denise Richards is guaranteed to contain some of the worst "acting" ever recorded onscreen. Yet I find my eyes irresistably drawn to Ms. Richards's ... big brown eyes.

What an incredible rack. I could suffer through nearly anything just to see her upper torso undulate.
Charming.

FJW

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
"The American" with George Clooney. If I didn't need to catch up on my sleep, I would have walked out of the theater.

Howard

Connoisseur
Anything with Denise Richards is guaranteed to contain some of the worst "acting" ever recorded onscreen. Yet I find my eyes irresistably drawn to Ms. Richards's ... big brown eyes.

What an incredible rack. I could suffer through nearly anything just to see her upper torso undulate.
Are you referring to the film with Matt Dillon?

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator

"What an incredible rack." I once said that about a whitetail buck that caught my eye. That rack is now mounted on the wall above my gun case. I guess that's the difference between the innocence of one growing up in the 1950's/1960's and the deteriorating social perspective(s) and literary expressions of later generations. :(

Ματθαῖος

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
For anyone who hasn't seen it, here is a review by a group called Red Letter Media of Star Wars Episode One. It's nearly 90 minutes long. The narrator is a very disturbed and foul-mouthed man named Mr. Plinkett. It is, quite possibly, the greatest movie critique of all time. There are interviews with fans. There is intricate analysis of plot structure. There is implied murder and hostage-taking. There are disturbing offers of Totino's pizza rolls. It's Moviemaking 101 as brought to you by a sociopath:

http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/star-wars/star-wars-episode-1-the-phantom-menace/

He also does the rest of the "prequel" trilogy, as well as every Star Trek TNG movie.
Thank you for that. It's cathartic.

Matthew

countyd

Like to way in on the "most disappointing" vibe. Didn't see the first, but on hearing there would be a third installment, figured I'd trek to the multiplex, catch "Hunger Games: Fire", and be ready for the third. Ain't gonna happen. Muddled plot, weak SFX, lousy acting … wow. Really confused about the popularity of the franchise. Guess it's just me.

Any of the Twilight series... I made the mistake of trying to read the first book in the series. Stephenie Meyer is arguably the absolute worst writer in recent history. If the book is bad, no amount of high-priced actors is going to make the movie better. Obviously, they did extremely well at the box office, but that doesn't make them great movies.

Shaver

Suspended
Any of the Twilight series... Imade the mistake of trying to read the first book in the series. StephenieMeyer is arguably the absolute worst writer in recent history. If the book isbad, no amount of high-priced actors is going to make the movie better.Obviously, they did extremely well at the box office, but that doesn't makethem great movies.
Oh! That is jolly unfair on poor old J. K. Rowling who has clearly tried her hardest to be the worst succesful writer in recent history. Dull prose, wholesale plagiarism, a quick skim through the Encyclopaedia of Myths & Legends for names, appalling characters, weak motivations and dreadful dialogue. I urge you to re-consider.

gaseousclay

Any of the Twilight series... I made the mistake of trying to read the first book in the series. Stephenie Meyer is arguably the absolute worst writer in recent history. If the book is bad, no amount of high-priced actors is going to make the movie better. Obviously, they did extremely well at the box office, but that doesn't make them great movies.
Agreed. Dreadful writer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.