Jovan

Honors Member
Oh! That is jolly unfair on poor old J. K. Rowling who has clearly tried her hardest to be the worst succesful writer in recent history. Dull prose, wholesale plagiarism, a quick skim through the Encyclopaedia of Myths & Legends for names, appalling characters, weak motivations and dreadful dialogue. I urge you to re-consider.
I can't believe you're insinuating that Stephanie Meyer is a better writer than J.K. Rowling.

Hitch

Caught a few minutes of Rise of the Zombies , it would have been better to become a zombie. Hemmingway is rolling over in his grave.

paxonus

Not the worst, but one of the more recent biggest disappointments given all the hype: La La Land. Bad singing, mediocre dancing, awful dialog--of which there was too much given that it was supposed to be a musical.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Just watched "The Dark Tower" on DVD...what a disappointment!The movie, starring Idris Elba and Mathew McConaughey, claims to chronicle Stephen King's Dark Tower series (seven volumes), with a primary focus on the heroic efforts of Roland Deschain, the last of an elite breed of men...the Gunslingers...to save the world from the forces of evil. King's written chronicles are so much better; perhaps King's best work and the movie is such a poor representation his work! :(:(:(

Audi S5 TC

Advanced Member
Anything with Denise Richards is guaranteed to contain some of the worst "acting" ever recorded onscreen. Yet I find my eyes irresistably drawn to Ms. Richards's ... big brown eyes.

What an incredible rack. I could suffer through nearly anything just to see her upper torso undulate.
Actually, Denise Richards has teal eyes, where they go back and forth between blue and green. Just like hazel eyes go back and forth between brown and green.

David J. Cooper

Top Gun.

It was going to fade away into obscurity until AV stores started using it to pimp big screen TVs. The music, the ridiculous dialogue and juvenile behaviour all delivered by a horrible cast.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Top Gun.

It was going to fade away into obscurity until AV stores started using it to pimp big screen TVs. The music, the ridiculous dialogue and juvenile behavior all delivered by a horrible cast.
It's clear that " You never close your eys when I kiss your lips. There's no tenderness in your finger tips... You've lost that loving feeling..." or it would certainly seem so, based on your assessment of Top Gun. Val Kilmer and Tom Cruise both said you can never be their wing man! LOL. ;)

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.