“Gordon Brown is simply not a good clotheshorse”

Rossini

Honors Member
Aaland
Dunno
Dunno
There was a picture of Tony Blair in this month's... GQ? Vanity Fair?.. one of them anyway...Navy jacket, dark blue shirt, jeans. I would not hold him up as the epitome of sartorial elegance but this (possibly?) new casual look struck me. But, as much as he is perceived as being more "with it" than George, neither (correctly) would deviate from the suit in their professional capacity, at least while "at work".

Rossini

Honors Member
Aaland
Dunno
Dunno
Interesting to see that Tyrwhitt is so popular in the House of Commons.
Don't have anything against CT per se. I suppose it's an easy choice and reflects a focus on work rather than fashion, which I'd imagine is what you'd want in politicians as a rule - "Mr. Brown, how do you respond to allegations that you spent most of the last two weeks not in fact preparing the budget but, instead, posting messages for advice on Kiton ties on the ask andy forum?"

So, probably necessary, but it's a bit depressing.

Last edited:

Brideshead

England
Essex
Witham
Don't have anything against CT per se. I suppose it's an easy choice and reflects a focus on work rather than fashion, which I'd imagine is what you'd want in politicians as a rule - "Mr. Brown, how do you respond to allegations that you spent most of the last two weeks not in fact preparing the budget but, instead, posting messages for advice on Kiton ties on the ask andy forum?"

So, probably necessary, but it's a bit depressing.
I presume he leaves the Budget to others now - Darling!