Oldsport

United States
New Jersey
Swedesboro
I don't mean to make anybody shiver in revulsion, but, is there a good suit option at the $300 price point? Let's say wear 4-5 times per year. Business and pleasure.

Bob Sacamano

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
California
Hayward
If you can spend a little extra, I just bought a half canvassed hickey freeman from sierra trading post for $471, which includes tax and shipping. They had other brands for cheaper. My first suit I bought from Nordstrom rack was a Calvin Klein for $250. It was fused, but works just fine for just a couple times a year.

Bob Sacamano

United States
California
Hayward
Last edited:

LordSmoke

United States
FLORIDA
TALLAHASSEE
Yes, if you are flexible and patient, I believe STP is a good choice for good quality at sometimes ridiculous prices. Until recently (bought my first Jack Victor) I have been very happy with all of my Paul Fredrick - good discounts at seasonal transitions should put you in your price range.

taylorgtr

United States
VA
Herndon
As said before - Hardwick has good navy and charcoal options at that price point, and sign up for STP's Deal flyer and watch your e-mail for a good coupon deal. (Look for >40%, 99c or free shipping, or a 'Rock Bottom' sale). The prices vary wildly, so when JV's go under $300, they're a good buy - I've seen them as low as $200. Hardwick is made in USA, JV in Canada. They also carry Lauren, which is made offshore, and not as nice...but their sport coats can go as low as $75-90.

medhat

United States
Wisconsin
Madison
Another vote for JV from STP, they still form much of my workweek wear. Good value for the money, IMO much better than comparable department store brands at the price.

L-feld

Advanced Member
United States
Maryland
Baltimore
JV is definitely a good starter suit as well, if you want a slightly more "continental European" fitted look, as opposed to the "updated American" look of Hardwick. Not sure if OP had a particular silhouette in mind.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

zzdocxx

Honors Member
United States
California
San Diego
I don't mean to make anybody shiver in revulsion, but, is there a good suit option at the $300 price point? Let's say wear 4-5 times per year. Business and pleasure.
What size are you, Mr. Triathlete?

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts