~ $300 Suit Options?

Bob Sacamano

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
California
Hayward
^^ also...what 'fit' do you like? Each suit will be cut a little different. Your body type will determine which cut compliments you best

Last edited:

Stubbly

United States
East of Eden
Lakeview
A few weeks ago, I bought a Jack Victor suit from Sierra Trading Post (Loro Piana fabric) for just over $300.

VERY nice suit! It was a "Trim Fit" model. I'm usually a regular fit, but the regular fit JV suits I've tried have been too big in the shoulders/chest. Unfortunately, the shoulders were a little too padded for my taste. I prefer a "soft" shoulder.

Last edited:

mu2482

United States
Missouri
Ashland
I'm always hesitant to buy a jacket online. You can really know your measurements and still get a ill-fitting jacket. Nature of the beast.

Bob Sacamano

United States
California
Hayward
I just received a deal flyer coupon for 75% off on sierra trading post. The half-canvassed hickey freeman I just bought is now under $200. Signing up for deal flyer was free and apparently very worth while.

CORRECTION: DISCOUNT IS ON THE MSRP, NOT ALREADY DISCOUNTED PRICE.

Last edited:

taylorgtr

United States
VA
Herndon
The 75% off deal flyer discount is pretty good - while the sale vs msrp varies, the bottom line price is good for HF's - $348-$373 for suits, and $298 for sport coats. For Jack Victor, it's $148 for sport coats and $223-$248 for suits. That's a pretty good deal.

For Lauren, it's even cheaper - $73-97 for sport coats and $162.50 for suits.

A couple weeks ago, I picked up a Land's End tan plaid and a tan herringbone linen sport coat - $34 each.

zzdocxx

Honors Member
United States
California
San Diego
Yes good deals indeed. Too bad they don't have the full canvassed H-F suits anymore.

Or do they?

taylorgtr

United States
VA
Herndon
Pretty much everything I've seen @ STP from HF/JV is half-canvas. The Isaia suits are full-canvas, running from a low of $650 or so for sport coats and $750 for suits. I have no idea how they fit me, so I haven't sprung for one of those.

zzdocxx

Honors Member
United States
California
San Diego
How does one get the 75% off coupon?

And is there some tricky rule about how it applies? To the MSRP as opposed to the regular discounted STP price?

I didn't see any Isaia in my size, maybe I'll have another look.

Bob Sacamano

United States
California
Hayward
How does one get the 75% off coupon?

And is there some tricky rule about how it applies? To the MSRP as opposed to the regular discounted STP price?

I didn't see any Isaia in my size, maybe I'll have another look.
I signed up for dealflyer and they sent me an email last night. It expires tonight. I don't remember seeing any isaia suits, lots of HF, sign up and wait for the next go around. I get offers from 10-75% off every day.

Its 75% off the retail price, ~350, still a good buy

Last edited: