ilikeyourstyle

Canada
Ontario
Toronto
I probably would not wear those shoes with a suit, and I definitely would not wear them with jeans. I am typically in a suit or jeans when out in public, so I would not have much use for those shoes. For my purposes, the most versatile pair of shoes I own is a pair of merlot AE Park Avenues because they look great with any of my suits.

JBierly

Advanced Member
United States
Tennessee
Chattanooga
A few good choices here. I like the split toe a lot and with the pebbled grain it has a nice blend. Single or double monks are another nice option.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
The OP's shoe is a very handsome and high quality shoe for any who enjoy that style. For myself, I'd find it too formal to wear with khakis, though that's personal preference, more than disagreement, and frankly, my same preference tends away from heavy brogues accept as dedicated country shoes.

I've got a major hankering for the shoe below, which I think can span duty from khakis to suits, although it's around $345 after the AAAC discount.
The Cheaney ChiswickR...one of the many loves in my collection! They are indeed, wonderful and Herring Shoes are very pleasant with which to deal. :thumbs-up:

Mike Petrik

Honors Member
United States
Georgia
Atlanta
The OP's shoe is a very handsome and high quality shoe for any who enjoy that style. For myself, I'd find it too formal to wear with khakis, though that's personal preference, more than disagreement, and frankly, my same preference tends away from heavy brogues accept as dedicated country shoes.

I've got a major hankering for the shoe below, which I think can span duty from khakis to suits, although it's around $345 after the AAAC discount.
Handsome shoe. Would I wear it with a tan or olive poplin suit? Absolutely. Ordinary dark business suit? I wouldn't. The combo of blucher style, pebbling and color make it very suboptimal for a typical business suit IMO.

Flanderian

Connoisseur
United States
New Jersey
Flanders
The Cheaney ChiswickR...one of the many loves in my collection! They are indeed, wonderful and Herring Shoes are very pleasant with which to deal. :thumbs-up:
I should have known! :fool:

(;))

Handsome shoe. Would I wear it with a tan or olive poplin suit? Absolutely. Ordinary dark business suit? I wouldn't. The combo of blucher style, pebbling and color make it very suboptimal for a typical business suit IMO.
I agree, would be entirely out of place with a refined dark worsted suit. But with any less formal suit, particularly anything for the country such as twills, tweeds or corduroy it would be . . . .

Mike Petrik

Honors Member
United States
Georgia
Atlanta
I agree, would be entirely out of place with a refined dark worsted suit. But with any less formal suit, particularly anything for the country such as twills, tweeds or corduroy it would be . . . .

Agree 100%. They are so versatile they could even work with the pajamas! ;-)

krock

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Ukraine
Kiev
Kiev
I'd likely go for a monk strap or tassel loafer as a more-or-less universal.

Frattelli Rosetti Brera (like this one : https://www.fratellirossetti.com/it-IT-it/Fratelli-Rossetti-Art-121169412102067-Serie-13847-Tg-05_UDR63222.aspx ) can be had for 200-250 Euro in any of numerous outlets across Italy, and maybe 160-200 Euro if you are lucky with the size that had been left from a previous year. You can also find it in smaller retail resellers for about 200-250 Euro for previous year - but these do not change much from collection to collection.

However, it's surely a cheat to count on outlet and factory prices, and retail is about 400 Euro.

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts