ToryBoy

Advanced Member
It is a nice combo, he has a way with colours.

"Before I went to try on and collect my finished suit (on my fifth visit to the shop), Mr Ramroop had a request. Would I please be sure to wear a blue shirt, a blue tie and brown shoes? Of course. I appreciate the demands of a perfectionist."

http://www.bownsbespoke.com/mauricesedwell.htm

There is not set style but a lot of the companies have a 'house-style' (Gieves & Hawkes do not) and that is Maurice Sedwell house-style suit. However, you could get to MS and ask for 3 button suit with no jacket flaps if you wanted and they will make one for you.

I like 2 buttons, natural shoulder, military cut, straight-pockets with no flaps and double vent. I could go to anyone on The Row and they would make that for me.

TheGuyIsBack

Suspended
It is a nice combo, he has a way with colours.

"Before I went to try on and collect my finished suit (on my fifth visit to the shop), Mr Ramroop had a request. Would I please be sure to wear a blue shirt, a blue tie and brown shoes? Of course. I appreciate the demands of a perfectionist."

http://www.bownsbespoke.com/mauricesedwell.htm

There is not set style but a lot of the companies have a 'house-style' (Gieves & Hawkes do not) and that is Maurice Sedwell house-style suit. However, you could get to MS and ask for 3 button suit with no jacket flaps if you wanted and they will make one for you.

I like 2 buttons, natural shoulder, military cut, straight-pockets with no flaps and double vent. I could go to anyone on The Row and they would make that for me.
Allright so what exactly is a military cut?

I personally don't care about 2 or 3 buttons, DB or single breasted. I do like peak labels on a double breasted suit. Right now I'm looking for interesting colours. I'd like a light grey/brown one or olive green or grey mixed with green. Those combined with a pair of black spectators would be off the hook.

ToryBoy

Advanced Member
Military cut suit would be like a military suit - between firm and hard cut (normally padded but because of my shoulders, very little padding) with focus on the shoulders and chest. Overall stiff feel to the suit.

As for suit colours, I stick to black, navy and grey. For blazers I would use other colours; as well as black, navy and or grey.

I have one DB suit, I think I will never get DB suit again, only coats.

Each to their own.

TheGuyIsBack

Suspended
Should I take that as a hint, that you have lived in Britain before or at least visited and picked up some of the awful slang.

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article.html?in_article_id=141054&in_page_id=34 - enjoy

No I was just having a laugh. Sorry about that, I think the different UK slangs are pretty interesting. You get the rudeboy slang, the UK Asian slang and the chavs and ofcourse the upper class accent I have heard in Mayfair. I have never lived in Britain and never will, there's enough Indians there already ;). Best curries ever though in Southall.

Audi S5 TC

Advanced Member
The Lofts Apartments
United States
New York
Farmingdale

A MS suit by Andrew Ramroop. Very beautiful, almost flawless. Symmetrical. I have to say I'm impressed here.
Other than the dorky looking pocket flaps and the ticket pocket (which is less dressy and therefore looks out of place with the dressier peak lapel single breasted jacket), that is one wonderful suit! :)

WA

Honors Member
United States
WA
Bellingham
Don't think I've seen any pictures by anybody posting Andrew Ramroops work that they bought. I wonder when one of his customers will post a few.

True custom is about quality, which takes time and skill, unlike manufactured. Time and skill cost more money.

mafoofan

Albania
Albania State
Albania City

A MS suit by Andrew Ramroop. Very beautiful, almost flawless. Symmetrical. I have to say I'm impressed here.
I don't see how you can judge a bespoke jacket when it's on a prop. So what if it's symmetrical? If you want symmetry, machine-made RTW is a far better bet.

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts