Fading Fast

Connoisseur
United States
New York
NY
Basically, I wanted to share the inaugural run of the new J.Press Shaggy Dog sweater with you guys.

It is fantastic - heavy and warm, but not in a restricting or unnatural way (great raglan sleeve). I waited years to buy it because of the price - always saying, "I'll catch a sale" (it, with few exceptions, doesn't go on sale) or "next year." Now that I've got one, I bet I'll buy another one in 2020 as it is just that nice.

Sport coat: J.Crew all wool (Moon Mills Tweed)
Sweater: Aforementioned J.Press Shaggy Dog in light grey
Shirt: Everlane OCBD (University Stripe)
Pants: J.Crew "vintage" cotton chinos
Socks: LL Bean ragg wool "tall" (they go up to just below my knees - great in cold weather)
Boots: J.Crew Macalisters chukkas
IMG_5833.jpg

IMG_5832.jpg
IMG_5836.jpg
IMG_5842.jpg

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
Basically, I wanted to share the inaugural run of the new J.Press Shaggy Dog sweater with you guys.

It is fantastic - heavy and warm, but not in a restricting or unnatural way (great raglan sleeve). I waited years to buy it because of the price - always saying, "I'll catch a sale" (it, with few exceptions, doesn't go on sale) or "next year." Now that I've got one, I bet I'll buy another one in 2020 as it is just that nice.

Socks: LL Bean ragg wool "tall" (they go up to just below my knees - great in cold weather)
View attachment 38536
View attachment 38537View attachment 38538View attachment 38539
I would like to say that is a great rig for the first day of the New Year, but I can't...only because you wore it yesterday, the last day of the old year! ;) Happy New Year, my friend.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
United States
New York
NY
You sold me on those socks. Need to a acquire some this winter.
I didn't see them on Bean's site this year, but I have noticed that things go away for a year or two and then come back at Bean, so maybe they'll return next year. Knowing this pattern, I stocked up and have four pairs "in storage."

I would like to say that is a great rig for the first day of the New Year, but I can't...only because you wore it yesterday, the last day of the old year! ;) Happy New Year, my friend.
Thank you and the same wishes to you and your family.

We (I'm as passionate about this stuff as the next guy) debate all these details about clothes, but in the end, what matters to me is if when I walk out the door, I feel good in my clothes - that they fit comfortably and, hopefully, look well fitted and coordinated in a not-studied way.

That's how I felt yesterday. So this or that might be off (I could pick the outfit apart in an i-gent way), but I also don't really care because it's not a parlor game or contact sport, it's just clothes to enjoy and I really enjoyed yesterday's outfit.

charphar

United States
Georgia
Canton
Long time, no post! First day back in the office for 2020:
• Chaps blue/white university stripe OCBD
• Lands End olive chinos
• Club Room (Macy's, on sale) navy crew neck sweater
• Navy/olive/tan argyle socks
• Cordovan Bass Weejuns
Happy Monday, gents!

GregorSamsa

United States
Pennsylvania
Philadelphia

View attachment 38536
View attachment 38537View attachment 38538View attachment 38539
How is the everlane ocbd? I tried some of their shirts early on and found them to be too tight (slimmer than BB Regent). I love their chinos though, pretty much the only pants I wear now.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
United States
New York
NY
How is the everlane ocbd? I tried some of their shirts early on and found them to be too tight (slimmer than BB Regent). I love their chinos though, pretty much the only pants I wear now.
Hi, and welcome to AAAC.

As to the Everlane OCBD vs BB, I just laid them out over each other and they are about the same width, with the EL one having, maybe, a touch narrower armhole (which might be why it felt slimmer to you). And to your point, when wearing them, they do "feel" a bit different with the BB seeming a bit bigger in the chest (maybe the result of the armhole difference).

The BB one also feels a bit more substantial - the material is a bit heavier. I haven't tried EL's chinos as I already own way, way too many chinos (one more pair and I might be looking for a chinos anonymous support group) and they didn't look particularly special to me, but with your comments, I might now try a pair.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
United States
New York
NY

Long time no post. I rarely get to wear ties these days, but I had the chance so I took it. I was also back in my old stomping grounds for the full effect. I am sure that some of you will hate the vest but c'est la vie.
Wow, great to hear / have a post from you again. Hope all is well - you've been missed (as has your blog).