MTM_Master?

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
Wisconsin
Milwaukee
Hello all,

I am on the verge of ordering a MTM three-piece suit from Adrian Jules through a local mensware store. I have virtually every detail hammered out, but have never owned (or seen, for that matter) a garmet from Adrian Jules. The sales staff assures me they're the better manufactuer they work with, their other brand being Coppley.

I wanted to look into it myself before proceeding with the suit, and was hoping someone would be willing to share their knowledge and experience with Adrian Jules as a brand. My previous MTM suits have been commissioned from Brooks Brothers, in both their 1818 and (more recently) their Golden Fleece lines. Any thoughts of how AJ and BB might compare?

Thanks in advance for any and all input on the matter!

Flanderian

Connoisseur
United States
New Jersey
Flanders
Hello all,

I am on the verge of ordering a MTM three-piece suit from Adrian Jules through a local mensware store. I have virtually every detail hammered out, but have never owned (or seen, for that matter) a garmet from Adrian Jules. The sales staff assures me they're the better manufactuer they work with, their other brand being Coppley.

I wanted to look into it myself before proceeding with the suit, and was hoping someone would be willing to share their knowledge and experience with Adrian Jules as a brand. My previous MTM suits have been commissioned from Brooks Brothers, in both their 1818 and (more recently) their Golden Fleece lines. Any thoughts of how AJ and BB might compare?

Thanks in advance for any and all input on the matter!
I had never heard of them until you asked this question. I'm am a skeptic by nature, and having enjoyed clothing as a passion for over 50 years, I thought that did not bode well. However what I've found on-line sounds surprisingly promising. The description on their website says all the right things, I can't spot any red flags. Also found independent confirmation that they opperate a factory in the Rochester, NY area.

http://www.adrianjules.com/content.aspx

Certainly the Italian tradition for tailored clothing is a fine one, so if you like the cut, this could be rather nice.

MTM_Master?

United States
Wisconsin
Milwaukee
I had never heard of them until you asked this question. I'm am a skeptic by nature, and having enjoyed clothing as a passion for over 50 years, I thought that did not bode well. However what I've found on-line sounds surprisingly promising. The description on their website says all the right things, I can't spot any red flags. Also found independent confirmation that they opperate a factory in the Rochester, NY area.

http://www.adrianjules.com/content.aspx

Certainly the Italian tradition for tailored clothing is a fine one, so if you like the cut, this could be rather nice.
Thanks for your thoughts on the matter. Looks like it's worth a try. Anybody else have any experience with Adrian Jules?

Flanderian

Connoisseur
United States
New Jersey
Flanders
Thanks for your thoughts on the matter. Looks like it's worth a try. Anybody else have any experience with Adrian Jules?
You are welcome! I hope you can get more responses, but if they've been mainly CMT for the industry, they may likely not be well known at the retail level.

son of brummell

United States
New York
New York
I have not had an Adrian Jules garment. The following is based upon inspection of some garments and discussions with clothiers.

Adrian Jules is an old fashioned quality manufacturer of full canvas suits. It is a private label manufacturer in that it makes clothes for retailers, and the retailers place their labels. It makes RTW, but it primarily makes MTM. It makes suits for Domenico Spano, Leonard Logsdail (his MTM and not his bespoke), and H. Herzfeld.

I know a custom clothier who has switched to Jules from a very reputable MTM house. Thus far, he is satisfied with Jules. He feels that Jules is more attentive to detail and his cutting instructions. He has seen fewer errors. It is a relatively small shop that works as a workshop rather than a factory. He also feels that its patterns are truer to an English style that he prefers.

The suits are well made. I believe that the lapels and collar are machine sewn. The buttonholes are hand sewn as well as the armhole, shoulder, and undercollar. My only criticism is that it uses machine pick stitching on the suits that I have seen, however, my friend indicates that hand stitching can be ordered. I suggest ordering hand pick stitching.

I would say that the suit is comparable to Martin Greenfield.

You will find a difference between Jules and Brooks MTM mainly because they have been measured by two different people. Also, Jules and Brooks will be using two different sets of patterns. It's sort of like ordering a hamburger at 21 and comparing it to the one at the Four Seasons. They are both terrific in their own ways.

In sum, go for it! You should not be disappointed.

Good luck.

Last edited:

ComboOrgan

They have a very good reputation around Rochester, where they are located.

I don't own any of their suits, but I have been to their retail store, and took a look around.

I chatted with one of the owners for a while, and he was a nice guy who was passionate about clothes.

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts