Adrian Jules MTM question

MTM_Master?

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
Wisconsin
Milwaukee
MTM Master: Could you please bring us up to date? (There's a huge gap in the narrative.) Did you actually order a suit from Adrian Jules? If so, were you happy with it?

Anyway, Samuelsohn still has an excellent reputation on this forum.
I did indeed order a three piece suit through Adrian Jules by way of a local menswear store that carried the brand - I remember being happy with the quality although I had to have it heavily tailored as at the time I had lost quite a bit of weight in a short amount of time. It is no longer in my wardrobe and hasn't been for many years, and I never had the chance to compare it to Samuelsohn...

MTM_Master?

United States
Wisconsin
Milwaukee
You may want to consider Richard Bennett Custom Tailors in
Chicago. They're business model is significantly different than the Richard Bennett shop in Milwaukee. While the Milwaukee business is a MTM shop, the Chicago business is a true bespoke tailor. All work is done on premise. I'm not sure how the pricing will fit in your budget but if you catch a sale you should be in the right neighborhood. My last suit was tailored in the fall of 2016. I chose an in-stock fabric that was originally $3250 but on sale for $2850. The fabric is a Loro Piana Tasmanian Super 150's. Hop on the Hiawatha and make the trip to Chicago.
Thanks for the recommendation. My current suit, which is now probably about 2 sizes too big (not tailors fault, my shape has changed for the better) was a bespoke creation by Richard Bennett in Chicago. I enjoyed the experience as I had basted fittings and the like, but I did have some fitting issues that never quite got fully resolved, particularly with the vest I ordered (nothing major with the suit itself, but with true bespoke I might not have expected that). I have a great relationship with a few local firms and was strongly leaning towards MTM this time around.

FiscalDean

United States
WI
Elcho
Thanks for the recommendation. My current suit, which is now probably about 2 sizes too big (not tailors fault, my shape has changed for the better) was a bespoke creation by Richard Bennett in Chicago. I enjoyed the experience as I had basted fittings and the like, but I did have some fitting issues that never quite got fully resolved, particularly with the vest I ordered (nothing major with the suit itself, but with true bespoke I might not have expected that). I have a great relationship with a few local firms and was strongly leaning towards MTM this time around.
I can certainly appreciate going the HTM route. Most of my suits are MTM and it's
Nothing wrong with MTM and the price difference can be significant. In fact, I generally go with MTM due to the turnaround time ad the cost savings.

MTM_Master?

United States
Wisconsin
Milwaukee
For those that are interested, my decision has been made for me (I will be pursing Samuelsohn MTM this time around vs. Adrian Jules), based off of two factors:
1) Price - I am able to get a three-piece suit from Samuelsohn for less than the cost of the two-piece option through Adrian Jules (yes, even accounting for differences in cloth pricing tiers)
2) Store - I have a much better, and more trusting relationship, in the store that I will be commissioning the Samuelsohn through. This is probably the single most important factor - as we all know, even for the best of MTM brands, if you don't trust the person fitting you or taking your measurements, well...

Last edited: