At Law

Happy Holiday, Gentlemen:

I have been a buyer of AE's for many, many years. Both first and seconds.

Lately, I have noticed a significant change in prices overnight on the Shoebank.

AE raises prices, then has a sale. Then during the sale, they raise the price again. And not small increases. The price increase are sometimes 30-40%. That is significant, and frankly, it is starting to irritate me. It seems as though they are fishing and trying to see how many "fish" they can hook.

Every other clothing / shoe store keeps their prices the same and offers a sale from time to time.

Does this seem peculiar to anyone else?

Cheers.

Tom

carrda04

I haven't tracked closely enough to notice, but I did notice that a few months bank several pairs I had been keeping an eye on jumped in price. I think some of it fluctuates with inventory and as things move around to the various outlet stops, and Port Washington first and foremost.

If they are raising prices just for sales that would be improper. In fact, I believe several states at least attempt to regulate such behavior under their deceptive trade practices act. I'd be very disappointed if this were the case here.

At Law

I just read a random review of another pair of AE's and the reviewer liked the shoes, however, he was disappointed that the price of the shoe was all over the board.
He mentioned he was hesitant to pull the trigger on buying any AE shoes because he didn't know if the price would drop again. He was clearly skeptical of AE's pricing.

NOTE TO AE: I would assume the vast majority of your customer base is comprised of college educated, intelligent, well-disciplined people who are quite sharp with the majority of purchases they make. We try to buy products at a fair price and keep them for a long time. We are aware of what the price of a product was a week ago and will not hesitate to wait to buy, decide not to buy, or buy from a different manufacturer if it appears prices are being altered for no justifiable reason. Competition in every industry is too competitive to attempt these types of pricing practices.

xcubbies

I just read a random review of another pair of AE's and the reviewer liked the shoes, however, he was disappointed that the price of the shoe was all over the board.
He mentioned he was hesitant to pull the trigger on buying any AE shoes because he didn't know if the price would drop again. He was clearly skeptical of AE's pricing.

NOTE TO AE: I would assume the vast majority of your customer base is comprised of college educated, intelligent, well-disciplined people who are quite sharp with the majority of purchases they make. We try to buy products at a fair price and keep them for a long time. We are aware of what the price of a product was a week ago and will not hesitate to wait to buy, decide not to buy, or buy from a different manufacturer if it appears prices are being altered for no justifiable reason. Competition in every industry is too competitive to attempt these types of pricing practices.
Why 'well-disciplined'?

At Law

Why 'well-disciplined'?
As opposed to not well-disciplined.
Typically, people who are aware of their clothing choices enough to pay more for it and maintain it properly are a little more particular with everything in life. That is what discipline means to me.
As they say, you can tell a lot about a man by looking at his shoes.....

Charles Dana

Honors Member
Why 'well-disciplined'?
As opposed to not well-disciplined.
Typically, people who are aware of their clothing choices enough to pay more for it and maintain it properly are a little more particular with everything in life. That is what discipline means to me.
As they say, you can tell a lot about a man by looking at his shoes.....
In other words, “well-disciplined” in this context seems to mean that such consumers have their act together, and they expect the same of organizations with whom they do business. They are not interested in merchants who play games with their pricing.

Trads: Known for their rock-solid prudence, unwavering sagacity, and uncanny ability to calculate percentages.

And for their critter trousers.

xcubbies

In other words, “well-disciplined” in this context seems to mean that such consumers have their act together, and they expect the same of organizations with whom they do business. They are not interested in merchants who play games with their pricing.

Trads: Known for their rock-solid prudence, unwavering sagacity, and uncanny ability to calculate percentages.

And for their critter trousers.
I think you're projecting too much into this.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.